Imperial Stars... throw the book at these bastards.

Band pulls publicity stunt on California highway | abc11.com

I hope they throw every charge possible at these bastards and the judge gives them the maximum penalty.

I heard the band on tv yesterday whining that people should not blame them for this stunt.

Throw the book at them.

Immie

Did you expect to go to jail though?
Wright: Of course, we put ourselves out there to get the message across.
Arabella: We went to jail already and we still have court dates on Nov. 3. We know we're going to get punished for this, but for the right cause, absolutely.

Did you expect them to impound your musical instruments and the truck?
Wright: Absolutely.

Will that affect your playing at all?
Wright: Well, we have one of Orange County's biggest recording studios; if you look under Christopher Wright, we've done soundtracks, we've toured Australia. But a lot of people don't know who we are so on the flip side of the coin it's a battle--it's not like 'these guys are trying to jump on the bandwagon with nothing.' No. We have platinum and gold records already for soundtracks. We've done a lot of work--we've worked with Madonna.

Arabella: As far as the instruments are concerned, we're really not losing them.

Will you get them back?
Arabella: We may get them back, we may not. We may lose the whole truck.
Wright: The company that owns the truck right now, they may lose the truck.

An Interview With Imperial Stars, Part 1: Band Has No Regrets, Worked With Madonna, And Been Offered a Reality TV Show. For Realz? - Orange County Music - Heard Mentality

Band pulls publicity stunt on California highway | abc11.com

I hope they throw every charge possible at these bastards and the judge gives them the maximum penalty.

I heard the band on tv yesterday whining that people should not blame them for this stunt.

Throw the book at them.

Immie

Did you expect to go to jail though?
Wright: Of course, we put ourselves out there to get the message across.
Arabella: We went to jail already and we still have court dates on Nov. 3. We know we're going to get punished for this, but for the right cause, absolutely.

Did you expect them to impound your musical instruments and the truck?
Wright: Absolutely.

Will that affect your playing at all?
Wright: Well, we have one of Orange County's biggest recording studios; if you look under Christopher Wright, we've done soundtracks, we've toured Australia. But a lot of people don't know who we are so on the flip side of the coin it's a battle--it's not like 'these guys are trying to jump on the bandwagon with nothing.' No. We have platinum and gold records already for soundtracks. We've done a lot of work--we've worked with Madonna.

Arabella: As far as the instruments are concerned, we're really not losing them.

Will you get them back?
Arabella: We may get them back, we may not. We may lose the whole truck.
Wright: The company that owns the truck right now, they may lose the truck.

An Interview With Imperial Stars, Part 1: Band Has No Regrets, Worked With Madonna, And Been Offered a Reality TV Show. For Realz? - Orange County Music - Heard Mentality

So, they have no remorse. All the more reason to throw the book at these bastards.

I for one will not by any of their albums... well, the fact that their brand of "music" does not suit my tastes probably has more to do with that decision then the fact that they wasted thousands of gallons of gasoline in those vehicles that were caught behind their antics or the thousands of productive hours that they cost people.

You know, I hope people are allowed to sue their asses for the lost wages.

Immie

Last edited:
You know.........playing in traffic on a vehicle has gone back a long time........

AC/DC did it with "Long Way to the Top If You Wanna Rock and Roll".

U2 did it with one or two of their songs as well............but the bottom line is that neither one of 'em blocked traffic, and chances are, they probably had permits to do so as well.

I hope these fuckers get the book thrown at them.

You know.........playing in traffic on a vehicle has gone back a long time........

AC/DC did it with "Long Way to the Top If You Wanna Rock and Roll".

U2 did it with one or two of their songs as well............but the bottom line is that neither one of 'em blocked traffic, and chances are, they probably had permits to do so as well.

I hope these fuckers get the book thrown at them.

I don't remember AC/DC or U2 doing it but I know very little about either band. I do, however, like AC/DC's "Big Balls" :lol:

I remember ACT UP, the militant homosexual organization blocking the Golden Gate Bridge and being angry about that. To me this kind of behavior is down right arrogant and selfish. I don't care who does it or for what cause. It pisses me off.

Immie

Forum List

Back