Immigration Withou Assimilation Equals Invasion

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Immigration Without Assimilation Equals Invasion
By Dave Gibson (03/24/05)

In many parts of this country, there are communities which would appear unrecognizable to the majority of Americans. Whereas, immigrants to the United States once made a valiant effort to learn English and create a good life for their families--too many of today's immigrants want the rights entitled to American citizens, without making any effort to assimilate.

These United States are in essence, being colonized.

In South Florida for example, Spanish has become the predominant language. Most neighborhoods and shopping districts more closely resemble those one would find in Cuba or a Caribbean nation. In the Miami area, Latin American culture has become not only the predominant, but in many cases--the only culture.

Dearborn, Michigan has the distinction of being the largest Muslim community outside of the Middle-East. 300,000 Muslims call Dearborn and the surrounding area home. Last year, The American Muslim Society petitioned the Dearborn City Council to designate two Muslim holy days (Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha) as official holidays. 35 percent of Dearborn Public School's student body are Muslims. Some of the area's schools are more than 90 percent Muslim. Thousands of Muslim parents have been demanding that the public schools serve 'halal' (Muslim) meals.

More..
http://www.americandaily.com/article/7232

The assimilation doesn't happen because the immigration of today is overwhelmingly Asian, Arab and Hispanic (and some African). These people have languages and cultures that are different enough from European that they don't mix. Also, they come in big enough numbers that there's no need for assimilation --- they can just deal with each other!

The result is that America is OVER. It's not coming back. What will rise in its place are smaller ethno-states.

William Joyce said:
The assimilation doesn't happen because the immigration of today is overwhelmingly Asian, Arab and Hispanic (and some Africa). These people have languages and cultures that are different enough from European that they don't mix. Also, they come in big enough numbers that there's no need for assimilation --- they can just deal with each other!

The result is the America is OVER. It's not coming back. What will rise in its place are smaller ethno-states.

Just like in Finland and other European countries.

Bonnie said:
Just like in Finland and other European countries.

Most of the US is no where near these kind of problems, the immigration w/out assimilation states are in the South and Southwest. CA is often mentioned, but it it the Southern portions.

With that caveat, still not like any European country, Finland not being the best example. Overwhelming immigration problems in US are from Mexico, which are more overwhelming because of the illegal status, terrorism problem, than language or culture. Get a grip people.

I believe that the problem, which is real, should be addressed much more forcefully than GW has suggested.

Rep. Tom Tancredo, who could well be the next GOP nominee for president, agrees:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2005-03-23-oppose_x.htm

If Bush and the Republicans keep ignoring the immigration problem, the GOP is over. Right now, the very powerful neocon element wants the borders wide open. The GOP grassroots and the American people do not. The Republican leadership is woefully out of touch with the conservative base here.

Kathianne..I believe that the problem, which is real, should be addressed much more forcefully than GW has suggested.

Total agreement here!! Both sides have been woefully lacking in this matter.

Give us your tired etc. I like immigration. I believe that learning English should be required for the citizenship track. I believe that you don't get to stay here unless you demonstrate that you are going to become a citizen. I also think that if you immigrate and join the service, you should be awarded citizenship with your honorable discharge. Finally, if I catch your illegal ass, I will tag it and you aint allowed back in. And if you had brats, I send em with you. Do it legal, or don't do it at all. On a positive side, in my own personal experience I have noted that most kids of immigrants assimiliate well. It also depends on how badly mom and dad want the kid to assimilate.

But, for the people who want to close the borders, ya might like this rant....... http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/l/larukirkland/2005/larukirkland030705.htm

C'ya

Forum List

Back