Immature, Drunken Teenage Boys With Guns

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
Like our President, I am pro-gun. But I have read recently about a growing trend among teenage boys to settle their disputes with guns, like in the cowboy days. They just pull out their guns and start blasting away.

Of course, these teenage boys are immature and mommy and daddy (or guardian or step-dad or live-in or whatever) forgot to teach them how to control their anger. And sometimes these children are high or drunk and their trigger fingers get really itchy and they shoot first and ask questions later. They see themselves as modern-day gunslingers I guess.

My question is, how do we deal with this problem? Should we just accept that drunken, immature boys will get their hands on guns sometimes and take out a few people? Is that the price we just have to pay for our Second Amendment?

Personally, I think we have to accept the fact that some people go postal and have guns and use them. We'll lose a few people but we lose more from car wrecks. Some go postal with cars. Should we ban cars?

bush lover said:
Like our President, I am pro-gun. But I have read recently about a growing trend among teenage boys to settle their disputes with guns, like in the cowboy days. They just pull out their guns and start blasting away.

Of course, these teenage boys are immature and mommy and daddy (or guardian or step-dad or live-in or whatever) forgot to teach them how to control their anger. And sometimes these children are high or drunk and their trigger fingers get really itchy and they shoot first and ask questions later. They see themselves as modern-day gunslingers I guess.

My question is, how do we deal with this problem? Should we just accept that drunken, immature boys will get their hands on guns sometimes and take out a few people? Is that the price we just have to pay for our Second Amendment?

Personally, I think we have to accept the fact that some people go postal and have guns and use them. We'll lose a few people but we lose more from car wrecks. Some go postal with cars. Should we ban cars?

First, any teen with a gun had to have gotten it from an adult's possession. So step one would be that if a child commits a crime with a parent's gun, the parent is held responsible - not to the extent of the one who pulled the trigger, but responsible nonetheless.

Step two is to enforce the laws we have on the books to incarcerate those who commit crimes with guns. Teenage kids have a shootout and someone dies? Jail time, and lots of it. Every teenager knows that it's wrong to shoot someone.

Drafting them would probably work.

Seriously though Bush Lover, the second amendment protects the right to bear arms. Although I personally don't support people having guns, as long as it's in the Constitution, it should be allowed. Unless we could create a 28th amendment to repeal part of the second amendment, to limit the right of gunownershop would be to disrespect the Constitution. Unless I am incorrect, haven't democrats like yourself been going on and on about protecting the Constitution for some time now. You can't go around cherry-picking the parts of the Constitution you want to follow and not follow. Unless you respect the second amendment, and through it the Constitution, you are no better than those you claim to stand against.

Forum List

Back