im trippin out guys

Some of you know i love to cook. Some of you know i love to bbq. Well, i finally got asked!
Someone i know got a spot at the local bbq cook off. Fairly decent competition.. around 50 or so entries.. anyways, they asked me to cook and represent them.. idk the rules or anything yet. I didnt say yes.. i said let me think.
But i am SO giddy! I will be using his grill which is about 5ft by 10ft with a kitchen and patio. Amazing set up. About a 10k dollar rig..
I have never cooked with a system like this but i fully believe i can do well.
Im so excited but nervous.. lol like a little kid
Give me support bitches!

The zen is in the words "slow and sensual".. But you know that. As Yoda says -- Cook 'em slow you will.

Some of you know i love to cook. Some of you know i love to bbq. Well, i finally got asked!
Someone i know got a spot at the local bbq cook off. Fairly decent competition.. around 50 or so entries.. anyways, they asked me to cook and represent them.. idk the rules or anything yet. I didnt say yes.. i said let me think.
But i am SO giddy! I will be using his grill which is about 5ft by 10ft with a kitchen and patio. Amazing set up. About a 10k dollar rig..
Give me support bitches!

Go for it! You can succeed!

Dude, back in the 80s, we had a similar set up in VA Beach. We slow BBQed whole hogs the entire night. Gawd, you are going to have so much fun. Wish I could be there!

Give me support bitches!

Break a leg! :D Is there a prize if you win?

Do it!

and have fun :re:
I need to! If i was to do well, it might give me the push to open a bar/grill that i always wanted

That could be your 'retirement' goal. I prefer cooking on my grill instead of on the stove.

I've had many people tell me that I need to open a restaurant.

Give me support bitches!

And where is this happening?
TN my nig

Mm. This does me no good. Needs to be TX.But go break a leg, or cook one. Then eat it and if I’m ever in the Cumberland Gap I’ll hit ya up for grub.
You better! We would fuck this state up lol

Already have. Ever been to the Nashville sound in Johnson City?

Do it!

and have fun :re:
I need to! If i was to do well, it might give me the push to open a bar/grill that i always wanted

That could be your 'retirement' goal. I prefer cooking on my grill instead of on the stove.

I've had many people tell me that I need to open a restaurant.

A friend did this. The dude was magic on the grill. He got a food truck and does reall good. He almost lost it though because, in his opinion, he tried to make stuff other folks liked. He went back to cooking what he liked again and now only has to work four hours a day. Down side is you get fat. Hell, I’m fat just because I hang out with the dude.

Pfftt.........you are going to blow their doors off with your awesomeness.
Thanks!
I got told a couple weeks ago i cook better than the guy that built the rig i mentioned.
He knows the biz.. asked me to help him cook for the local fire dept fundraiser.
This is awesome!

It is awesome. You just go in and kick.their.asses.good.

Pfftt.........you are going to blow their doors off with your awesomeness.
Thanks!
I got told a couple weeks ago i cook better than the guy that built the rig i mentioned.
He knows the biz.. asked me to help him cook for the local fire dept fundraiser.
This is awesome!

Oh it's a fundraiser. I had missed this bit of info before. I guess that means you don't get any prizes. Some people get some pretty good prizes when they win these types of cookoffs. I've watched them on the Food Network and stuff before. The competition will be intense! :D

Forum List

Back