'I'm scared of America without him': Meghan McCain opens up about her father Sen John McCain's ...

Darkman00

VIP Member
Aug 3, 2018
'I'm scared of America without him': Meghan McCain opens up about her father Sen John McCain's cancer battle and says he needs to be here to fight 'for what we believe in'
  • Meghan McCain, a co-host on The View, told Glamour magazine that she's 'scared of America without him' as she opened up about his cancer battle
  • The 33-year-old talk show host told the magazine that he needs to be here to 'fight for that what we believe in'
  • Sen John McCain was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare and often terminal form of brain cancer last year and has been receiving treatment at his home
  • McCain also revealed that doctors have told her family they need to use this time to tell her father what they want him to know
By Dailymail Reporter

Published: 23:29 EDT, 3 August 2018 | Updated: 04:31 EDT, 4 August 2018

Meghan McCain says she could not imagine life without her father, Sen. John McCain, and is scared 'of America without him' while opening up about his brain cancer battle.

The 33-year-old co-host of The View sat down with Glamour magazine for an interview telling the outlet: 'My father is the sun of my universe. He's the absolute center'.

Sen. McCain was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare and often terminal form of brain cancer last year. The 81-year-old has been spending his time at his Arizona home as he receives treatment.

4ECF146700000578-0-image-a-66_1533350377246.jpg

Meghan McCain, 33, opened up about her father Sen. John McCain's cancer battle in a new interview

4ECF145A00000578-0-image-a-67_1533350384600.jpg

McCain said she is 'scared of America without him' and he needs to be here to fight 'for what we believe in'

McCain travels back and forth to Arizona from New York to be by his side as he battles the aggressive disease.

McCain told the magazine that she's not the same person before her dad's diagnosis and it has pushed her to live life unafraid, like he does.

'He's the last person who needs to be sick now because I so need him here, fighting for all the things that we believe in,' she said, admitting: 'I'm scared of America without him.'

The newly married talk show host who wed conservative writer Ben Domenech last November, won't reveal specifics about her father's prognosis but told Glamour that his doctors told her family that they should take this time to tell things they want him to know.

4ECF145500000578-0-image-a-68_1533350392221.jpg

McCain was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare and often terminal form of brain cancer last year. He's pictured above in the senate subway in December 2017

4ECF146B00000578-0-image-a-69_1533350395990.jpg

In an Instagram Live last month, Meghan McCain said she was going back home to Arizona while The View is on hiatus

'We've done that,' she said. 'He knows I love him more than anything, and I know he loves me more than anything. There's nothing else. What's next?'

Last month, McCain told Arizona Central that her father was 'hanging in' and she planned to return to home see him and her mom, Cindy McCain, this month.

Read more .........

---

'I'm scared of America without him' ...

^ ^ America is strong enough ... and will somehow survives without him, methinks ...

And I'm scared about the things McCain still can do to harm his country before it's all over with.

BTW, he should be treated with Obamacare since he has been supporting it so much.

And I'm scared about the things McCain still can do to harm his country before it's all over with.

BTW, he should be treated with Obamacare since he has been supporting it so much.

... and if he likes his doctor ... he'd surely be able to keep his doctor. :)

Forum List

Back