I'm picking the Jets to win the Super Bowl

Arizona over the Saints.

Colts beat Ravens

San Diego over the Jets.

Cowboys - Vikings too close to call...one will win by a field goal.

The thing about the Cowboys, however, is that I'm not sure if they can handle the pressure. It seems that whenever they get all the hype, they don't do well, but when everyone forgets about them, they come on strong. It seems that when I listen to the pundits on the game, most are picking the Cowboys.

They are on a 4-game winning streak and playing well, but the games they won are interesting. They beat a Saints team that was beginning to sputter even though they were 13-0, they beat a woeful Redskins team, then beat the Eagles twice in a row, which may be more idiosyncratic than anything. Collinsworth during the game said that "In the NFC East, the Cowboys beat the Eagles twice, the Eagles beat the Giants twice, the Giants beat the Cowboys twice, and everybody beat the Redskins."

I do think the Vikings-Cowboys game will be close as Dallas does present some match-up problems for Minnesota. However, the likewise is also true, and you could see how if Dallas falls behind early, it could be a blow-out.

Paulie

You were 0-4 last week, right?

Yeah, but in my defense, 1 of those was because I can't bet against my team, and another one was losing the Green Bay game. Most had GB picked to win. Otherwise, I pretty much knew the Eagles were going to lose. So I should have been at least 2-2.

I should have known better than to pick NE especially with Welker out. I was literally given like 5 seconds to make my picks, it was a last second thing at the end of the work day on Saturday when everyone was leaving the job. I had no time to put any thought into it.

I like the Jets, and I stick by my pick.

I think they will be a tough out. You are correct in that a good running game and defense can take you a long way. I'm not sure if Sanchez can take them all the way.

They match up well with San Diego. San Diego is an aerial team and allowed 4.5 YPG on the ground this year. But going across the country after playing three must-win games and the next against the hottest team in the NFL at the moment may be too much.

I'm picking all the home teams again, but if all the road teams win, it would not be a surprise.

Look at the Super Bowl winners over the last 10 years. There are a few in there that had no shot on paper at the beginning. Who thought Eli could actually win the SB? Who thought Brad Johnson would win the SB?? Who thought Trent Dilfer would win the super bowl?? How about Roethlisberger, or Brady? Those 2 were good QB's, but they were very young and had no playoff experience when they won their first SB.

Those teams won because of defense and running.

The Jets D can stack the box against LT and Revis can easily shut down Jackson. If the Chargers win it'll be with Gates. If the Jets can stop Gates and the run, they can win this game.

Last edited:
Yeah, but in my defense, 1 of those was because I can't bet against my team, and another one was losing the Green Bay game. Most had GB picked to win. Otherwise, I pretty much knew the Eagles were going to lose. So I should have been at least 2-2.

I should have known better than to pick NE especially with Welker out. I was literally given like 5 seconds to make my picks, it was a last second thing at the end of the work day on Saturday when everyone was leaving the job. I had no time to put any thought into it.

I think they will be a tough out. You are correct in that a good running game and defense can take you a long way. I'm not sure if Sanchez can take them all the way.

They match up well with San Diego. San Diego is an aerial team and allowed 4.5 YPG on the ground this year. But going across the country after playing three must-win games and the next against the hottest team in the NFL at the moment may be too much.

I'm picking all the home teams again, but if all the road teams win, it would not be a surprise.

Look at the Super Bowl winners over the last 10 years. There are a few in there that had no shot on paper at the beginning. Who thought Eli could actually win the SB? Who thought Brad Johnson would win the SB?? Who thought Trent Dilfer would win the super bowl?? How about Roethlisberger, or Brady? Those 2 were good QB's, but they were very young and had no playoff experience when they won their first SB.

The Jets D can stack the box against LT and Revis can easily shut down Jackson. If the Chargers win it'll be with Gates. If the Jets can stop Gates and the run, they can win this game.

I don't necessarily disagree, but both Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer were veterans in their 30s whereas Sanchez is a rookie. No rookie QB has won the Super Bowl that I am aware of.

I ENDORSE THIS THREAD!!!!

Best defense in the league

Best corner in the league

J.E.T.S

JETS
JETS
JETS

p.s

If it comes down to it Rex Ryan will make a call to the season ticket holders for a moral boost!

YAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your wild ass predictions Paulie, and all the rest of you but Missourian, who beside me, and maybe Toro, are the only sane ones on this thread. {And now Dink}

You ALL really know who will win the 2010 Super Bowl of course.

It will be nice to see Peyton Manning with another ring, and this years MVP leading his team once again to be Super Bowl Champs.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with your wild ass predictions Paulie, and all the rest of you but Missourian, who beside me, and maybe Toro, are the only sane ones on this thread. {And now Dink}

It will be nice to see Peyton Manning with another ring, and this years MVP leading his team once again to be Super Bowl Champs.

I would like to formally propose that the following avatar be used by Echo Zulu for ONE MONTH if her above prediction does not come true.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1175-tombradyez-large.gif

I would like to formally propose that the following avatar be used by Echo Zulu for ONE MONTH if her above prediction does not come true.

One week and you're on. And if we win,, I'll find a good one for you................Deal?

One week and you're on. And if we win,, I'll find a good one for you................Deal?

Heck yes I will!

Last year, the wonderful Ms. Zulu and I had a bet on the Chargers/Colts game.

IF

the twain shall meet again, I would be more than willing to re-offer such a bet, considering the game will be at Lucas Stadium.

If they Jets keep it inside double digits I will be surprised.

The Chargers have been one of the best teams in the game this year, the Jets squeaked into the playoffs and beat a rotten Bengals team.

Adios Rex, its over.

To be fair, technically, every team left has a chance of winning. :)

Personally, I think the Jets will lose and lose big next week to San Diego. San Diego is red hot, have won the last 11 straight, and are playing at home. IMAO there's simply no way the lowly Jets are going to beat them.

My Predictions for next week:

Jets get dominated by San Diego and lose by at least 20 points
Colts choke and lose to the surging Ravens by 3pts or less
Minnesota easily dispatches Dallas by 7-14 pts
Arizona squeaks past New Orleans in the best match-up of the weekend.

Good Luck!!

Hope you aren't placing any bets with those predictions.:lol:

Forum List

Back