I'm picking the Jets to win the Super Bowl

To be fair, technically, every team left has a chance of winning. :)

Personally, I think the Jets will lose and lose big next week to San Diego. San Diego is red hot, have won the last 11 straight, and are playing at home. IMAO there's simply no way the lowly Jets are going to beat them.

My Predictions for next week:

Jets get dominated by San Diego and lose by at least 20 points
Colts choke and lose to the surging Ravens by 3pts or less
Minnesota easily dispatches Dallas by 7-14 pts
Arizona squeaks past New Orleans in the best match-up of the weekend.

Good Luck!!

Hope you aren't placing any bets with those predictions.:lol:
:lol: Let's see your picks Gunny. Post them here, then we'll compare notes.......Sunday night. Till then it's all just hot air!!

I'm putting my reputation on the line with this thread.

I'm so confident about it that I'll not only rock a really embarrassing avatar if I lose, but I'll publicly make a thread about myself stating how much of a loser I am and that I will never discuss football again.

You guys are free to come to a consensus on whatever avatar you would want me to rock.

I'm so confident about it that I'll not only rock a really embarrassing avatar if I lose, but I'll publicly make a thread about myself stating how much of a loser I am and that I will never discuss football again.

You guys are free to come to a consensus on whatever avatar you would want me to rock.

You cant really put your reputation on the line. Unless you have like ten character references all notarized and verified by reliable channels.

But the never discuss football part is interesting. I dont know if you are a football fan and post often for that statement to matter. Now are you really a man of your word? Never post about football again? You have to admit most people ONLINE talk out their ass. So I find it hard to believe you. Or the JETS are going to win.

You cant really put your reputation on the line. Unless you have like ten character references all notarized and verified by reliable channels.

But the never discuss football part is interesting. I dont know if you are a football fan and post often for that statement to matter. Now are you really a man of your word? Never post about football again? You have to admit most people ONLINE talk out their ass. So I find it hard to believe you. Or the JETS are going to win.

I can put my rep on the line, I've been posting here for 3 years and have a relationship of some sort with a lot of posters here. And yes, I'm a football fan, and I do talk about it here. I'm a bigger baseball fan though, so not talking football anymore wouldn't exactly ruin my life :D

This is all for fun of course, but it's a wager I'm willing to make.

As far as Sanchez, I don't think he really needs to do all that much. I think the D and the running game will compliment what little he'll have to do on his own, very nicely.

I was a critic of Sanchez earlier in the year, but I think he's got enough of what it would take for this particular team to win.

I'm also a huge Buddy Ryan fan, being that I'm a life long Eagles fan, so seeing Rex win the big one would be pretty cool.

I can put my rep on the line, I've been posting here for 3 years and have a relationship of some sort with a lot of posters here. And yes, I'm a football fan, and I do talk about it here. I'm a bigger baseball fan though, so not talking football anymore wouldn't exactly ruin my life :D

As far as Sanchez, I don't think he really needs to do all that much. I think the D and the running game will compliment what little he'll have to do on his own, very nicely.

I was a critic of Sanchez earlier in the year, but I think he's got enough of what it would take for this particular team to win.

I'm also a huge Buddy Ryan fan, being that I'm a life long Eagles fan, so seeing Rex win the big one would be pretty cool.

If you're that confident, you could literally put your reputation on the line...all 226 points. :D

If you're that confident, you could literally put your reputation on the line...all 226 points. :D
Give me a day to sleep on that one, I might consider it.

Wow, I admire that really. I guess with me there have been those times where i thought a team would win and they did. For the most I just dont say for I dont have that confidence you have. But when I know what i am talking about I do. I just am trying to understand you could lose. And you say you are a man of your word. And not talking football would ruin you. How you can make that bet?

Then that part about this all just for fun. But will wager.

I misread. You said not talking about football would not ruin you. Now I can understand you making that bet. Want to apologise for wasting your time and space on this forum.

You don't have to apologize to me for anything, my man.

If you lose, your avatar is gayrod kissing himself in a mirror.

Like I said mother fuckers, DEFENSE and RUNNING.

It's the equivalent of good pitching in baseball. It's the better formula almost every single time.

Also, 4/4 on my picks this week, and I'm a couple points back from the leader with this Jets win.

Next up, YOU, EZ...:cool:

Like I said mother fuckers, DEFENSE and RUNNING.

It's the equivalent of good pitching in baseball. It's the better formula almost every single time.

Also, 4/4 on my picks this week, and I'm a couple points back from the leader with this Jets win.

Next up, YOU, EZ...:cool:

It is ON !

I still don't think the Jets are going to win, but they'll give the Colts a good game.

Outside of New York, the happiest people in NFL-land has to be the Colts, given that the Chargers have beaten them the last three times they've played in the playoffs, including twice in Indy.

The Chargers beat themselves more than anything today. Dumb penalties, turnovers, missed FGs. That's a tough assignment when you are playing a really good defense.

Turnovers aren't always a result of you beating yourself.

It's going to be a very similar looking offense next week. No running game to have to focus on. Only difference is Manning is better than Rivers.

Defense wins championships! A top notch D can always stop a top notch O. Regardless if the Jets lose next week, I can't be upset...playing in the AFC Championship with a rookie QB and Head coach...what a fucking year!

J.E.T.S

JETS
JETS
JETS

There's a pretty significant amount of money at stake in my pool so I'm torn whether or not to take the Jets in THAT. I think the Colts will be tougher than the Chargers, even though I think it's a similar looking offense.

What a tough decision. Maybe I'll pick the Colts so my bet is hedged either way. I lose that, I still win here :D

Last night I was watching the Late Night Sports recap on our local news. They were saying how "fun" Rex Ryan is and what great interviews he gives. They are looking forward to having him here in town, I think EVERYONE likes him, how can you not? He's done a GREAT job this year with the Jets, and has a personality that motivates his players. If they weren't playing the Colts I would pull for them to win for sure! And if they beat the Colts I will root for them to win the Superbowl!

I still LOL at his phone calls to the Jets ticket holders before the Pats game, and they ended up winning that game, remember? :cool:

Rex Ryan. Buddy is his father, the great Eagles coach of the late 80's and early 90's.

They have defense running through their veins. This Jets D reminds me a lot of the early 90's Eagles D, too.

Forum List

Back