I'm picking the Jets to win the Super Bowl

To be fair, technically, every team left has a chance of winning. :)

Personally, I think the Jets will lose and lose big next week to San Diego. San Diego is red hot, have won the last 11 straight, and are playing at home. IMAO there's simply no way the lowly Jets are going to beat them.

My Predictions for next week:

Jets get dominated by San Diego and lose by at least 20 points
Colts choke and lose to the surging Ravens by 3pts or less
Minnesota easily dispatches Dallas by 7-14 pts
Arizona squeaks past New Orleans in the best match-up of the weekend.

Good Luck!!

Hope you aren't putting money on that bet. Hell, I don't see the Jets making it to the Superbowl, let alone winning that game.

-TSO

Actually, putting a little bit of money down on a longshot, and I do mean longshot, might just pay off.

I'm going with Chargers, Ravens, Vikings and Cardinals.

I suspect Manning will choke once again.

Maybe the longshot bet should be on the Ravens?

Immie

Hope you aren't putting money on that bet. Hell, I don't see the Jets making it to the Superbowl, let alone winning that game.

-TSO

Actually, putting a little bit of money down on a longshot, and I do mean longshot, might just pay off.

Immie

Longshot ehh? LOL, no problem, I have been a Lion's fan for my whole life. I should put 5 bucks on them every year. Sure it would be like throwing it away, but if somehow they actually won it all...I'd be a millionare. :)

-TSO

-TSO

Immie

Longshot ehh? LOL, no problem, I have been a Lion's fan for my whole life. I should put 5 bucks on them every year. Sure it would be like throwing it away, but if somehow they actually won it all...I'd be a millionare. :)

-TSO

Having grown up in the SF Bay Area and being a fan of the Niners and the Raiders, I am feeling much the same way, lately.

Someday... someday!

Immie

okay its that time of year....at work there is a superbowl pool (?) and each year i am ask to play....

1. i dont follow football

2. i have no clue how to play....so how is this done?

okay its that time of year....at work there is a superbowl pool (?) and each year i am ask to play....

1. i dont follow football

2. i have no clue how to play....so how is this done?

My experience is that people who don't know the game usually pick the winner... It has something to do with beginner's luck.

So, who are you picking this year?

Immie

PS I'm holding my bet until I get an answer.

i have no clue other than the jets (due to the title of this thread) who is playing...and its not just pick a team..there is a grid...you select a square...looks a lot like math to me....but hey that is just me....but each year they come up and i have to say i dont play...i am not gonna tell them i dont know how..they will mock me to death....they are all football people...fantasy football...which by now even i understand due to the hours of texting over this....(one of my close friends has a league)..but not this pool thing and there is more than one....and the top amounts are nice..500 in one...

The Jets have the best defense in the NFL, and a great running game. This kid Green looks great.

Defense and running games win championships. I'm sticking by my pick.

Sanchez did well against Cincinnati, and they have a good defense. Maybe he's not so bad afterall.

Paulie

You were 0-4 last week, right?

Yeah, but in my defense, 1 of those was because I can't bet against my team, and another one was losing the Green Bay game. Most had GB picked to win. Otherwise, I pretty much knew the Eagles were going to lose. So I should have been at least 2-2.

I should have known better than to pick NE especially with Welker out. I was literally given like 5 seconds to make my picks, it was a last second thing at the end of the work day on Saturday when everyone was leaving the job. I had no time to put any thought into it.

I like the Jets, and I stick by my pick.

i have no clue other than the jets (due to the title of this thread) who is playing...and its not just pick a team..there is a grid...you select a square...looks a lot like math to me....but hey that is just me....but each year they come up and i have to say i dont play...i am not gonna tell them i dont know how..they will mock me to death....they are all football people...fantasy football...which by now even i understand due to the hours of texting over this....(one of my close friends has a league)..but not this pool thing and there is more than one....and the top amounts are nice..500 in one...

Typically the way those grids work is that there are 100 squares in 10 rows X 10 columns, numbered 0 to 10.

You buy one or more square.

If the home team's score ends in a 1 (row) and the visiting teams score ends in a 7 (column), the person who had row the person on row number 1 column 7 wins. They also generally pay by quarter and by half.

You want to pick spots like (7,7), (1,7) or (0,9) because scores are going to be based upon TD's 7 points and FG's 3 so scores like 7-3, 7-7, 14-7, 21-10 are good squares to have while squares with 5 or 8 are more difficult to attain. It is rare that a team will have a score ending in 5, but not impossible.

Immie

Arizona over the Saints.

Colts beat Ravens

San Diego over the Jets.

Cowboys - Vikings too close to call...one will win by a field goal.

Paulie

You were 0-4 last week, right?

Yeah, but in my defense, 1 of those was because I can't bet against my team, and another one was losing the Green Bay game. Most had GB picked to win. Otherwise, I pretty much knew the Eagles were going to lose. So I should have been at least 2-2.

I should have known better than to pick NE especially with Welker out. I was literally given like 5 seconds to make my picks, it was a last second thing at the end of the work day on Saturday when everyone was leaving the job. I had no time to put any thought into it.

I like the Jets, and I stick by my pick.

I think they will be a tough out. You are correct in that a good running game and defense can take you a long way. I'm not sure if Sanchez can take them all the way.

They match up well with San Diego. San Diego is an aerial team and allowed 4.5 YPG on the ground this year. But going across the country after playing three must-win games and the next against the hottest team in the NFL at the moment may be too much.

I'm picking all the home teams again, but if all the road teams win, it would not be a surprise.

Forum List

Back