"i'm not worried, we'll get a speaker"GOP Rep James Comer says they cant yet elect house speaker because GOP are not puppets on a string like the Dems

Democrats are mindless drones.
Yet it's the repubs who can't seem to find a speaker. 3 separate votes, and the Democrat won all three times. How many more votes will it take before you MAGAs realize you are losers?

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Yet it's the repubs who can't seem to find a speaker. 3 separate votes, and the Democrat won all three times. How many more votes will it take before you MAGAs realize you are losers?
Seriously, I think it will take way more than 3...

Let them see if they can get anything by the weekend before the Democrats get interested...

Is there a moderate Republicans who want to run a coalition government... Make a deal on a program of government(i.e. a number of bills that Dems and moderate GOP could agree on) , see what could come out of it... Could be a massive winner for non MAGA...

Moderate Rep and Moderate Dems could do a lot of good effective things... Freeze out the idiots...

By the way, if you are still a supporter of Trump, you are an idiot... So you can be marginalised while the adult go run the country... Might work...

Seriously, I think it will take way more than 3...

Let them see if they can get anything by the weekend before the Democrats get interested...

Is there a moderate Republicans who want to run a coalition government... Make a deal on a program of government(i.e. a number of bills that Dems and moderate GOP could agree on) , see what could come out of it... Could be a massive winner for non MAGA...

Moderate Rep and Moderate Dems could do a lot of good effective things... Freeze out the idiots...

By the way, if you are still a supporter of Trump, you are an idiot... So you can be marginalised while the adult go run the country... Might work...
Of course it would work, but doubtful if it could happen. Too many crazies recently elected to the house.

No Rep. James Comer, we Democrats are not puppets on a string but we do put the greater good of the American people before petty grievances

You want repubs to be shadows of the democrats

And it appears thats what McCarthy plans to do if elected speaker

Of course it would work, but doubtful if it could happen. Too many crazies recently elected to the house.
It is not about how crazies but how many sane GOP Congress... Say if the got 20... They would all get committee assignments... Just the 20...

Kevin McCarthy is out... We are talking real coalition government. First find the common ground like Infrastructure, Ukraine, Disaster recovery plans,.... Usual shit, ignore the crazies...

Then talk about Immigration, Gun rights/regulations, Education, Bring in equal time access in politics (kill the media bubbles)...

Try and work deals and tell everyone that they are not getting all what they want and the there will be good and bad... This is how normal coalitions wrong, you get something not everything and definitely not nothing..

Could have some productive stuff...

It is not about how crazies but how many sane GOP Congress... Say if the got 20... They would all get committee assignments... Just the 20...

Kevin McCarthy is out... We are talking real coalition government. First find the common ground like Infrastructure, Ukraine, Disaster recovery plans,.... Usual shit, ignore the crazies...

Then talk about Immigration, Gun rights/regulations, Education, Bring in equal time access in politics (kill the media bubbles)...

Try and work deals and tell everyone that they are not getting all what they want and the there will be good and bad... This is how normal coalitions wrong, you get something not everything and definitely not nothing..

The problem is that in order to get elected in the GOP primary, working with Democrats is a kiss of death. There is not all that much appetite for political suicide.

How many Republican House members who voted for impeachment still have a seat?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a responsible thing to do. Just saying it isn't all that realistic.

You're preaching to the choir here. Of course, that's how it should work. I'm just saying there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that will happen.

tell us about immigration, Ted

What is “sane” immigration policy to you?

tell us about immigration, Ted

What is “sane” immigration policy to you?
I'm not Ted but I'd like to reply.

Increase to amount of recourses available to the immigration courts by 10. If you can decrease the time for processing asylum requests from its current 6 years to let's just say 6 months it would alleviate a lot of the problems.

I'm not Ted but I'd like to reply.

Increase to amount of recourses available to the immigration courts by 10. If you can decrease the time for processing asylum requests from its current 6 years to let's just say 6 months it would alleviate a lot of the problems.
Would that stop 2 million illegal aliens from entering through mexico each year?

I think it might grow to 3 or 4 million

Would that stop 2 million illegal aliens from entering through mexico each year?

I think it might grow to 3 or 4 million
It would for sure tamp down on the incentives to come here. Most people who cross do so legally. Requesting asylum at a port of entry. Then they have 6 years to put down roots.

It seems to me that for Republicans the only acceptable measures or those that are cruel. I think that is the point.

My solution is a lot more sane than trying to secure a 2000 mile border by force.

If the people who want to come know that for the majority the most they can hope for is six months of being in the US not as many would be inclined to leave everything in their own country.

It would for sure tamp down on the incentives to come here. Most people who cross do so legally. Requesting asylum at a port of entry. Then they have 6 years to put down roots.

It seems to me that for Republicans the only acceptable measures or those that are cruel. I think that is the point.

My solution is a lot more sane than trying to secure a 2000 mile border by force.

If the people who want to come know that for the majority most they can hope for is six months of being in the US not as many would be inclined to leave everything in their own country.
The asylum loophole needs to go away

Make the fake “refugees” remain in mexico till they have a valid entry visa

The problem is that in order to get elected in the GOP primary, working with Democrats is a kiss of death. There is not all that much appetite for political suicide.

How many Republican House members who voted for impeachment still have a seat?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a responsible thing to do. Just saying it isn't all that realistic.
Very good point...

It is the guys in swing districts who have challenges in the general rather than the primary...

Doing things for his district rather than the party..

This has its roots in the Gregory deal.

Two men didn't like each other and were very different but they made a deal and stuck by it... Gregory was from one of the poorest areas in Ireland (north inner city Dublin), he charged a fortune for his support, saying that we saw the benefit of what that did in that area for decades afterwards..

The asylum loophole needs to go away

Make the fake “refugees” remain in mexico till they have a valid entry visa
That "loophole" you are referring to is the Geneva Convention, which guarantees the right to request asylum.

Again you asked for a "sane" solution. I think I provided you with one.

Last edited:
That "loophole" you are referring to is that Geneva Convention, which guarantees the right to request asylum.

Again you asked for a "sane" solution. I think I provided you with one.
Request of asylum does not have to mean automatic entry as the democrats want

Make them remain in mexico while the request is being reviewed even if it takes years

Then mexico will stop them at its border before they get here

Your solution is no solution at all unless you want millions of new poor people every year straining our social services

Last edited:
Very good point...

It is the guys in swing districts who have challenges in the general rather than the primary...

Doing things for his district rather than the party..

This has its roots in the Gregory deal.

Two men didn't like each other and were very different but they made a deal and stuck by it... Gregory was from one of the poorest areas in Ireland (north inner city Dublin), he charged a fortune for his support, saying that we saw the benefit of what that did in that area for decades afterwards..
I'm sorry to break the news but most voters in this polarised environment have neither the knowledge of how Democracy is supposed to work ( compromise) , and I fear most of them wouldn't be interested in it if they did know.

The idea that you don't get absolutely everything you want, in this ultimate era of instant gratification is to hard to stomach for most people.

Forum List

Back