I'm new.

Converted leftist.. Recently came out of the closet as a Conservative.. Tired of the mudslinging by the Obama campaign on Romney's business record, and tired of Obama using America for his social experiment. This site looked like a good place to air my frustrations. That is all.

To go from being a leftist Obama supporter to a Conservative who's biggest gripe is Obama's attack on Romney's business record and some "social experiment" nonsense?

Something's missing here.

Mitt Romney changed quite a bit on his social politics.. You should be applauding a switch, not questioning it.

Yes- those are my biggest gripes. Like so many, I got caught up in the big speeches and lofty words, without even bothering to see what Obama was about. Young and dumb, is all I can say. His support for gay marriage, attacks on Romney for his pro-life stance.. And being a Christian, those are big issues for me. On top of that, Obama's economy has been a giant failure.. And I think Obamacare is something a state should decide, not the federal govt. If a state wants that kind of program, so be it. So yes, I'm a converted Obama supporter.. Or you could just say I started actually paying attention. Obama's a failure.

OK, Thanks for explaining but it seems a large stretch to say you are a leftist Obama supporter if you are against gay marriage, are pro-life, and want the states to decide on healthcare since all of those things are things Obama spoke about when he ran for office. If you would of said you were a liberal republican or conservative democrat or even a moderate, I wouldn't of questioned it at all.

I see no reason to applaud a switch like this but I do see a reason to say you have the right to believe what you do and also to welcome you to the boards since I didn't do that with my first post.

I look forward to talking with you more in future posts.

Welcome and welcome rep coming!!

Welcome, all I can say is I hope you back your arguments with more facts than opinions. As opposed to what so many people (left and right) do here.
:)

Converted leftist.. Recently came out of the closet as a Conservative.. Tired of the mudslinging by the Obama campaign on Romney's business record, and tired of Obama using America for his social experiment. This site looked like a good place to air my frustrations. That is all.

Welcome aboard Conservadude..

I see you've been introduced to some frothing liberals, phony rhino-Republicans and some genuinely fine individuals...the tip of the iceberg you might say..

Hope you enjoy it here and have some laughs..:thup:

I see the whiny hypocritical conservotard welcome wagon has arrived.

:lol:..she's funny but alas always in denial, of course, such are convenient memory lost liberals...soooo much practice, would be my guess.

I don't remember, we were drunk.

I do know that after what would be a fatal brain injury in anyone with a larger brain and less dense head bone, his brother actually GAINED IQ points.

My thought, too.

I really am a Converted leftist. I was a huge Obama guy in '08.. but believe what ye will. You all sound like Harry Reid.. Haha! But thanks for the "Welcome"

yah... a "leftist" is going to come on and take potshots at harry reid.

*yawn*

The guy(?) is, obviously, at a turning point.

I voted for Clinton in his first term but not his second and have voted Republican since.
Some people DO grow up, ya know?!
:lol:

An IQ black hole.

Amazing, since our children are exceptionally bright. There's a lot to be said for no contact orders.

Converted leftist?

Hmmmmmmmm

The smell of socks comes to mind

:eusa_eh:.. Hello to you too!

Members who have opposing beliefs like to attack other members here on the forums.
That's Warrior, He is a right winger. You can tell by his douchebag attitude towards you after making one post that explained which way you leaned, and saying hi to the community.

But anyway, welcome to the boards. It can get quite messy here. :lol:

If string theory is correct your ex husband is Einstein in another dimension.

Converted leftist?

Hmmmmmmmm

The smell of socks comes to mind

:eusa_eh:.. Hello to you too!

Members who have opposing beliefs like to attack other members here on the forums.
That's Warrior, He is a right winger. You can tell by his douchebag attitude towards you after making one post that explained which way you leaned, and saying hi to the community.

But anyway, welcome to the boards. It can get quite messy here. :lol:

People don't follow the vacuuming schedule in here.

Forum List

Back