I'm new here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justmom, Apr 12, 2010.

1. justmom

justmom Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So, as I said, I'm new to this board, and looking for someplace to vent. I am now taking care of my parents (my kids are grown) and have some issues. New issues, nearly daily. My Dad is 80, Mother is 73. Dad has congestive heart failure, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and he smokes. Mother has borderline high blood pressure (we tried medication, but she couldn't tolerate the side effects), the beginning stages of osteoporosis, and the beginning stages of osteoarthritis.

Mother is a chronic liar. And if she can't get away with an out-right lie, she'll exaggerate. She doesn't care who she lies about. The psychology is, if she makes someone else look bad, she looks better by comparison. What gets me is that no one but me seems to have figured this out. She lies about me to my sisters and my Dad about things that make me look bad AND THEY BELIEVE WHAT SHE TELLS THEM! WITHOUT QUESTION!

Not looking for any advice here, as I said, I just need to vent.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. masquerade

masquerade positivity

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Hey justmom ... welcome to USMB. In my opinion, one of the best on the web.

I'm sorry to hear you have your hands full with your aging parents. Strange how life goes. They take care of us as we grow and then we end up taking care of them as they get older.

Do your parents live with you? If so, do you have or can you acquire VNA services? What about assisted living?

As far as venting goes, this is a great place for it. But ... have you considered regular visits with a social worker or therapist to help you through this time in your life? There was a thread started here a few months back, about whether or not those who are depressed turn to the internet, or is it the internet that causes depression. I'm not saying you are depressed, but by what you say, you've got a LOT going on.

I wish you well justmom.
    Again ... welcome.

3. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    I'm sorry about your troubles.

If it makes you feel any better, one thing I have noticed is that all families have issues.

4. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I don't know how well you will do here except there is no rule against swearing..which it sounds like you need to do to get the emotions out ...

Your mom on the other hand should do well. This place is chock full of liars.:lol::lol:All of the stinking neo con christian fascists anyway.

PS don't bring your family into a conversation on this board or you will not be able to protect them under the rules. You cannot say anything about a members family unless they bring that family member into a thread..

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Do what I do when my mom gets unruly...

Threaten to put her into a home!

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    :welcome: 2 USMB

Hope it all works out for you your mom and dad.

And your mom, bless her heart, would make a great politician.

7. Angelhair

Angelhair Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Justmom, all I can tell you is that one of these days both of them will be gone and none of this will matter. You will probably only remember the good things about them. Such is the nature of the beast.

8. Titanic Sailor

Titanic Sailor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Hi Ma,
    Just watch out for Huggy. That low life sounds just like your mother. Your mother has psychological issues, and deserves patience and control. On your best days you'll deal with it. My guess is the days it really bothers you are when you are exhausted, so rest up.

Huggy is just a classless ass hole ravaged by drugs and alcohol, and he'll call you a racist when he can't keep up with the conversation. You can ignore him.

;)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Have you tried giving your mom a 1-way ticket to Russia?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. JenyEliza

JenyEliza Princess of Rhetoric

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +353
    I know the woman you describe. Except she's a little younger. No advice for you, but welcome to the boards.

:D