I'm Done Eating At Burger King

You go where you get the best deal. Sad that place is Canuckistan, and just goes to show that taxes are waaaay too high in the US. People vote with their feet.BK will be paying exactly the same taxes on its US earnings. Their overseas earnings can now be repatriated to a country with a lower rate. I applaud them for the move.

I wish both TH and BK didn't suck so much, else I'd start throwing some business their way. Oh well, free choices in action.

Liberals demonize McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, etc. for the obesity problem in the USA. So why the uproar when one of them moves out? We are not supposed to be eating their anyways.

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News
crying-child.jpg

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News

All the franchises still pay US corporate taxes
All the suppliers based in the US still pay US corporate taxes
All the executives who live in the USA still pay federal income taxes.

The feds get PLENTY of tax money from Burger King even if some of the profits cannot be taxed.

It is funny that BK moves to Canada to avoid taxes yet if you travel to cities like Erie, Buffalo and other border cities it is full of Canadians shopping and having dinner. Funnier still is if you engage them in discussion they are more then happy to tell you everything wrong with America. Sorry I have lost respect for Canada no wonder they speak French. As for BK, there are lots of alternatives.

The climate is really bad for BK here with the taxes, the protests for a $15 min wage and the attack on fast food going all the way to the highest office in the land. That being said, if our corporate tax rate were more reasonable, Tim Horton's headquarters would be moving to the US.

It is just the headquarters, not the restaurants and suppliers, moving.

==========================

if i were to eat fast food from anywhere now, i would devote my dollars to Burger King

I have to wonder what is wrong with you people? For only this one factor you would go to BK, do you really hate America that much? So I can assume that all the left wingers that are applauding BK will never once again raise on voice of concern when an American company moves off shore. Thank goodness if this is all it takes to shut them up..

The climate is really bad for BK here with the taxes, the protests for a $15 min wage and the attack on fast food going all the way to the highest office in the land. That being said, if our corporate tax rate were more reasonable, Tim Horton's headquarters would be moving to the US.

It is just the headquarters, not the restaurants and suppliers, moving.

Don't confuse him with reality..He needs to be over dramatic and distort things so he can make his "point".

Forum List

Back