I'm Actually Watching CSPAN

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Just got home, well, almost 2 hours ago, and somehow switched to C-SPAN to see what the Democrats in the House did today. Very impressive. Unanimous requests to end the Republican government shut-down.

Right now I'm watching an argument between Justice Alito and Donald Verrilli on earmarked contributions.

I haven't turned the channel since it's been on, for the entire two-hours.

It's actually pretty engaging.

Who knew?!?!?

:thup:

Just got home, well, almost 2 hours ago, and somehow switched to C-SPAN to see what the Democrats in the House did today. Very impressive. Unanimous requests to end the Republican government shut-down.

Right now I'm watching an argument between Justice Alito and Donald Verrilli on earmarked contributions.

Who knew?!?!?

Let me get this straight, you have been posting on this board for 4 years and this is the first time you turned on C-SPAN?

Who knew?!?!?

Let me get this straight, you have been posting on this board for 4 years and this is the first time you turned on C-SPAN?
Yes, it looked boring to me before.

I've seen it when it was showing the Presidential stuff, but outside that...never really watched it.

I started out on political message boards on Cspan. I believe they got rid of theirs because we were such assholes to each other.

Who knew?!?!?

Yes, it looked boring to me before.

I've seen it when it was showing the Presidential stuff, but outside that...never really watched it.

Interesting how you never actually watch what they do, but are still an expert on how much they care about little people. MAybe you should spend more time watching,you might realize they most of them don't care about you because they expect you to vote for them regardless of what they actually do.

By the way, you should take the time to compare the Congressional record to the video archives on C-SPAN. You might end up discovering that some of your favorite speeches on the floor of the House or the Senate never happened.

Quantam, here's what happened.

The HD channels on my Comcast service starts at 800. I have HD.
msnbc is on channel 830.
I thought I was clicking on 830 on the remote and I just clicked on 30.
30 happens to be CSPAN.
Presto bango...I'm watching it instead of msnbc.
I decided to continue watching it until SNL started at 11:30.
That's how it happened.
I checked and there's no HD for CSPAN...so I have to slum it in low-def if/when I want to watch it.

Just thought I'd break it down for ya.

Peace. :cool:

msnbc is on channel 830.
30 happens to be CSPAN.
That's how it happened.
I checked and there's no HD for CSPAN...so I have to slum it in low-def if/when I want to watch it.

Does that mean you aren't going to watch it because you prefer to get your lies in HD?

msnbc is on channel 830.
30 happens to be CSPAN.
That's how it happened.

Does that mean you aren't going to watch it because you prefer to get your lies in HD?
I watch The FOXNEWS in HD too.

msnbc is on channel 830.
30 happens to be CSPAN.
That's how it happened.

I watch The FOXNEWS in HD too.

I don't. If I want to know what Congress is doing I watch Congress. Watching the news to get that is like having sex by flying to the South Pole alone and stripping naked.

In other words, something only an idiot would do.

By the way, I heard Fox has a bunch of giant iPads on their set, which is another reason to not watch them.

Who knew?!?!?

Yeah, well, live and learn.

And let us know if you need help with any of the big words.

how outré ~

the "Repug" gov shutdown?

In case this hasn't occurred to you, it takes TWO to tango ...

just sayin'

Democrats never wanted the government shut down. It was republicans saying that we'd be fine and that it would work as a tactic for them. :cool:

You may wish to check the authenticity of this email that was forwarded to me, but it looks to me like the democrats did want the shutdown.

I received this forward yesterday from LA County Supervisor Mike Antonovich. This is fascinating insight from an insider:

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 8:29 PM
Subject: From a Friend who Worked in the White House and Knows the Truth

I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and pencil-necked bureaucrats every step of the way. The simplest request takes months not days or hours.

In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in 17 years.

These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts were awarded.
The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured then distributed U.S. Mails or freight companies.

This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 month ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this
process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House

how outré ~

the "Repug" gov shutdown?

In case this hasn't occurred to you, it takes TWO to tango ...

just sayin'

Democrats never wanted the government shut down. It was republicans saying that we'd be fine and that it would work as a tactic for them. :cool:

That's why the Republican house passed bill after bill to fully fund the government onl yto have it shot down by Reid.

Are you really that stupid?

Who knew?!?!?

Are you jerking yourself off when Harry Reid speaks?

Forum List

Back