I'm a GRANDPA!!!

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
I'm a GRANDPA!!!!

Ellory Boston Worley born just after midnight on Thursday December 16, 2021.

Annalee thought she was in labor Sunday night but after her husband took her to the hospital they sent her home.

Then Tuesday she felt something was wrong and she went to the hospital again. They diagnosed here with Pre Eclampsia and it appeared likely that they would induce labor or perform a Ceasarion as that is a common practice when the baby is plenty developed and can of course survive. They induced labor on Tuesday night and it seemed like she took forever to progress to delivery. Amy went up there on Wednesday to be with her and Amys brother and sister in law on their way back from Branson stopped by as well.

I basically fidgeted and worried all day Wednesday and into the in the night. I slept only until 3:30 then got up and checked my texts and saw that Amy had texted me "We are grandparents!"

I later learned that Annalee had Ellory naturally and she weighed 7 lbs. 15 ounces. A near perfect size. I've been waiting for this moment for years. Amy has wanted another baby to love on for right at 20 years and her only hope of that was a grandbaby. Hopefully Annalee and Brandon will have several babies.

I'm a GRANDPA!!!!

Annalee thought she was in labor Sunday night but after her husband took her to the hospital they sent her home.

Then Tuesday she felt something was wrong and she went to the hospital again. They diagnosed here with Pre Eclampsia and it appeared likely that they would induce labor or perform a Ceasarion as that is a common practice when the baby is plenty developed and can of course survive. They induced labor on Tuesday night and it seemed like she took forever to progress to delivery. Amy went up there on Wednesday to be with her and Amys brother and sister in law on their way back from Branson stopped by as well.

I basically fidgeted and worried all day Wednesday and into the in the night. I slept only until 3:30 then got up and checked my texts and saw that Amy had texted me "We are grandparents!"

I later learned that Annalee had Ellory naturally and she weighed 7 lbs. 15 ounces. A near perfect size. I've been waiting for this moment for years. Amy has wanted another baby to love on for right at 20 years and her only hope of that was a grandbaby. Hopefully Annalee and Brandon will have several babies.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family, and really glad to hear the mom and baby came through okay. Speaking as someone with 5 grandchildren (so far), I can say that grandbabies are the best.

Congrats! Have you already been tagged as Grandpa or have a different preference? Families come up with their own best fit it seems. May you make many happy memories with your family and new little grand baby!

Congrats! Have you already been tagged as Grandpa or have a different preference? Families come up with their own best fit it seems. May you make many happy memories with your family and new little grand baby!
My wife and I have been working on our grandparents names for some time though Amy is mainly the one that cares about it. I couldn't care less.

I'm a GRANDPA!!!!

Congratulations, Dayton!!!! :thup:

My wife and I have been working on our grandparents names for some time though Amy is mainly the one that cares about it. I couldn't care less.

The kids themselves usually make that decision, whatever the adults want, frequently based on whatever they can pronounce.

In my case, my grandkids have three living grandmothers: me, their paternal grandmother, and their great-grandmother (my mom). My grandson is quite a bit older than any of the other kids, so he decided that it was going to be "Grandma [Last Name]" for all of us, and that was that.

I'm a GRANDPA!!!!

Congratulations !!!!

Enjoy your new role.....it's great.

Hope everyone is O.K.

I'm a GRANDPA!!!!

:woohoo:

My son is Grandpa to seven and two more extra. Every kid in the whole complex calls him Grandpa. He loves it.

Forum List

Back