Illinois State Police "don't intend" pursue charges on those who register assault weapons passed Jan. 1 deadline

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

"ISP does not intend to act against residents who file an endorsement affidavit after January 1, 2024," Illinois State Police said in an email. "The FOID Portal will remain open and people can submit endorsement affidavits at any time. ISP's goal is compliance with the law and safety."

giphy.gif

I’ve seen this one before in CA! State allows late registrations. Antigun group sues state. Owners told to turn them in.

I guess IL is not too happy about the around 1% compliance rate.....Sorry Fat Bastard Pritzker but we won't be doing that today. :laughing0301:

"ISP does not intend to act against residents who file an endorsement affidavit after January 1, 2024," Illinois State Police said in an email. "The FOID Portal will remain open and people can submit endorsement affidavits at any time. ISP's goal is compliance with the law and safety."

giphy.gif

I’ve seen this one before in CA! State allows late registrations. Antigun group sues state. Owners told to turn them in.

I guess IL is not too happy about the around 1% compliance rate.....Sorry Fat Bastard Pritzker but we won't be doing that today. :laughing0301:
I had not heard of that in California. I'll google it but if you know of a link, please share.

Forum List

Back