Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

[

Joe lost money in his 401k, so now the stock market is evil because the world owes him a living and his lifestyle should be guaranteed from any loss or hardship.

No, the stock market is evil because it was a sucker's bet.

It was designed specifically so I'd be locked in when the plane crashed, and the ASSHOLES on Wall Street could sell short, bail out, get a big government bailout, or whatever other shit you guys came up with while the rest of us lost our shirts.

That's why it's fucking evil.

No, it was not designed that way.

But perhaps this explains your massive ignorance about economics and finance.

[

Joe lost money in his 401k, so now the stock market is evil because the world owes him a living and his lifestyle should be guaranteed from any loss or hardship.

It was designed specifically so I'd be locked in when the plane crashed, and the ASSHOLES on Wall Street could sell short, bail out, get a big government bailout, or whatever other shit you guys came up with while the rest of us lost our shirts.

Dumb ass...There are literally millions of people who had their college education funded, their retirement funded, their home purchased, their rainy day fund in the case the HVAC system failed, etc etc, taken care of because at one time or another someone decided to buy stock in Coca Cola, Walmart, Mc Donalds, Xerox, At&T and a whole host of other solid companies.
I find it amusing how you people, you pro union, pro public employee pension people, will insipidly bash the concept of investing in companies when those very investments fund what you people believe are sacrosanct.
Joe, you cannot have it both ways.
Long term investment in Blue Chip stocks realizes an average annual return of between 8 and 12%....Shove THAT up your pass book savings account.
You lost your shirt because you were not paying attention.
Let me guess, after 9/11 the stock market tanked and you made a mad dash to dump all of your 401k investments. So many people hit the panic button. My wife wanted to do this. I told her not to touch it. I told her the money was the same amount, only it was buying MORE shares in her employer's stock.....She listened, and of course the stock price recovered and now her position is stronger.
People lost their ass because of two things....
Older people, who saw their investments balloon giving them very nice nest eggs hit the panic button and told their brokers to sell sell sell.
For example, an elderly couple started with $50k as their base investment. Their portfolio rose to $250k. The market tanked and they watched as their portfolio fell to $125k....They went cuckoo for cocoa puffs and sold on panic. They claimed they LOST money...HUH?....They did not LOSE anything. They were still up 250%!!!!. Now if they were paying attention and not losing their minds, they would have realized the market would have come back. And of course it did.
Any one who held steady and waited it out is swimming in money. Those that freaked out, lost their asses.
If you thought the stock market or any other intangible investment was "a sucker's bet" you should have done something else with your money. Or is that also someone else's fault?

You are an ignorant dumbass Joe.
The taxpayers SOLICIT citizens like my mother to BUY THEIR BONDS.
Fool.
Get away from that wheel barrow Joe. You do not know anything about modern machinery.
Does your mama know you are this stupid?

And they shouldn't do that. Seriously.

The biggest problem with taxation, IMHO, is that we find all sort of tricks to make it look not as bad as it is, and then wonder why things cost more than they should.

If you want to build a new bridge, - TAX FOR IT.

No....The bridge should be set up for tolls. Let the users pay for it.

[

Yiur avatar.....You do realize that AP needs 294 yards to break Dickerson's rushing record....DO you think he can get there?

[

With that bit of wisdom I suppose you consider inventors, investors, business developers, venture capitalists, market analysts, advertisers and all others who create something from nothing but the something is an intangible are parasites?

Except they didn't create "something from nothing". They created it from the labor, ideas and hard work of those who actually did the creating. That's the point.

Your Hero, Shit Rawmoney, never created a thing. He went into companies someone else started. The weak ones he looted, the healthy ones he exploited.

And you guys thought this was so wonderful, you wanted him to do it to the whole country.

[

Actaully, it was EXACTLY designed that way. Just another scam Wall Street Romanovs have come up with to make the rest of us pay for their mansions...

Actaully, it was EXACTLY designed that way. Just another scam Wall Street Romanovs have come up with to make the rest of us pay for their mansions...

No. It. Was. Not.

You have no idea how it was "designed," or apparently why it exists.

I guess you think it's much better to be ignorant in a Fog of Hate.

Yiur avatar.....You do realize that AP needs 294 yards to break Dickerson's rushing record....DO you think he can get there?

Hope so.

No. It. Was. Not.

I'm reasonably sure that when the laws were being drafted, the lobbyists for Wall Street and the Banks and investment houses were there in Congress telling them what they wanted in the bill, and working people- not so much.

And here's the thing. I don't have that much of a problem with the bailout. It was probably necessary. What I have a problem with is NO ONE WAS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

[

With that bit of wisdom I suppose you consider inventors, investors, business developers, venture capitalists, market analysts, advertisers and all others who create something from nothing but the something is an intangible are parasites?

Except they didn't create "something from nothing". They created it from the labor, ideas and hard work of those who actually did the creating. That's the point.

Your Hero, Shit Rawmoney, never created a thing. He went into companies someone else started. The weak ones he looted, the healthy ones he exploited.

And you guys thought this was so wonderful, you wanted him to do it to the whole country.

Nah, he never created 2000 stores from 2 with one company.
Name that company.

No. It. Was. Not.

I'm reasonably sure that when the laws were being drafted, the lobbyists for Wall Street and the Banks and investment houses were there in Congress telling them what they wanted in the bill, and working people- not so much.

And here's the thing. I don't have that much of a problem with the bailout. It was probably necessary. What I have a problem with is NO ONE WAS HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

I keep forgetting that I'm talking to a guy incapable of discerning even broad differences within groups and cohorts.

[

No..Not "except that"...EXACTLY THAT.
Labor..Right. Hey genius, without those with the capital, there is NO LABOR..
Oh, now you will name a few of the firms that Bain bought or invested AND under which circumstances you claim the companies were looted.
This is what we call doing your homework. When you make a claim, you support it with research and show the research. THAT is how is works here.
Have at it.
Here's a little help and a few guidelines.
A company invested into by Bain that a few years later folded, merged or shut down is not applicable. Unless of course you can provide proof that Bain was somehow directly responsible for the company being shut down or deliberately put out of business.
I will give you an example.
Cannon Mills. This was a textile company in North Carolina. A city was named after the company where it was located. Through the years, the textile business became highly copetitive because textiles were being made across the globe.
S in order to save Cannon, A company called Fieldcrest which was it self in trouble and infused with cash from investors. The two companies merged and became Fieldcrest Cannon..A few years later, as things got worse for American textile firms, Fieldcrest Cannon was faltering. So a firm called Pillowtex came in to give it a go. That lasted just a couple of years. Finally the money just ran out and the mills were closed for good.
Now, each time the respective company would be on the verge of going under the howls pf protest came from workers interviewed by the local news outlets. The song was a always the same. How they'd worked for x number of years and the company was going to take away their job. This impending doom was going on for over ten years.
When the final closing was announced, we again got the same refrain from the about to be displaced workers. I kept asking why none of them prepared for this. It came as no surprise.
Anyway, some of the news stories described the downfall of Pillowtex was due to corporate raiders and other nefarious activities. Of course these reports were pure speculation.
The investors that in each instance, kept the mills going. Kept those people working.
This is not to say there have not been greedy people looking to buy perfectly good working companies for next to no cash but merely buying the debt for the sole purpose of breaking up the company to sell off the pieces. The Eastern Airlines deal was a classic case of that.
The 80's brought us leveraged buyouts and junk bonds. Lots of people made lots of money for doing very little other than to wreck companies for the purpose of selling off the assets.
There are crooks in the financial business. Just not as you assume, all of them.
Your problem is you think anyone with money is a criminal.

[

Nah, he never created 2000 stores from 2 with one company.
Name that company.

Sorry, I was thinking of AmPad, a 100 year old company he left with 400 million in debt and bankruptcy.

Or GS Steel, a company he left with 200 million in debt and bankruptcy.

Of course, he and his slimy Bain partners made out like bandits. The workers lost their jobs and livlihoods.

[

You've got it exactly backwards. Without Labor, there is no capital.

In fact, as a GREAT republican said...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

[

You've got it exactly backwards. Without Labor, there is no capital.

In fact, as a GREAT republican said...

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration."

Lincoln was wrong.

A business needs capital first before it can hire anybody. The business is capitalized before it hires people. No business person says "I have found 40 people to hire. Now, where do I get capital?" Anyone who even remotely has an inkling about business understands this.

Lincoln was wrong.

A business needs capital first before it can hire anybody. The business is capitalized before it hires people. No business person says "I have found 40 people to hire. Now, where do I get capital?" Anyone who even remotely has an inkling about business understands this.

YOu know what, guy.

When a doctor kills his patient through negligence, I stop listening to their medical advice.

When an architect's building collapses due to a design flaw, I stop listening to his expertise.

When you COCKSUCKERS on Wall Street bring us the worst economic crisis in 80 years because of your greed and stupidity... I kind of stop listening to much of anything you have to say at this point...

If you are collecting money when you did nothing to actually provide the good or service, you are every bit as much a parasite as the guy who collects welfare from taxes raised on the sale of that good/service.

Good. Glad we have that cleared up.
Once again, you expose your childish inflammatory and irrational behavior.
Chinese proverb.....One with room temperature IQ should stay away from thermostat.

I'd like JoeAmpad to explain to us how he would get a mortgage if the bank didn't have savings to lend.

I'd also like him to explain how businesses would get funding.

I'll wait for his brilliant insights.

Still waiting.

Lincoln was wrong.

YOu know what, guy.

When a doctor kills his patient through negligence, I stop listening to their medical advice.

When an architect's building collapses due to a design flaw, I stop listening to his expertise.

When you COCKSUCKERS on Wall Street bring us the worst economic crisis in 80 years because of your greed and stupidity... I kind of stop listening to much of anything you have to say at this point...

Ah, a homophobe AND a bigot. Outstanding. :thup:

Whomever you listen to is totally irrelevant to how business operates. You can believe business is caused by unicorns but that doesn't make it true.

Lincoln was wrong.

YOu know what, guy.

Whomever you listen to is totally irrelevant to how business operates. You can believe business is caused by unicorns but that doesn't make it true.

Yawn, guy, you were the one who voted for the homophobic MOrmon, not me.

Point is, you guys screwed it up, your opinions don't count anymore...

I always kind of suspected you guys were idiots, 2008 just proved it.

YOu know what, guy.

Yawn, guy, you were the one who voted for the homophobic MOrmon, not me.

Point is, you guys screwed it up, your opinions don't count anymore...

I always kind of suspected you guys were idiots, 2008 just proved it.

I made money during the Financial Crisis.

Sux 2bu.

Forum List

Back