Illegal immigrants prepare to leave kids

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Full story: CBS Atlanta News, Weather, Sports, Traffic - WGCL 46 - Home

On July 1, law enforcement will begin cracking down on illegal immigrants under Georgia's new immigration law. Some parents are preparing to leave their kids behind. Our Lady of the Americas Catholic Mission in Lilburn has a Hispanic congregation. Most of the children were born in the U.S. and are U.S. citizens. Many of their parents are illegal immigrants. They look to Reverend Luis Guillermo for guidance. "The idea is to assist the parents to prepare for the law - prepare for what will happen with the children if they had any problems with police, an arrest or anything," said Guillermo. Now, the parents are preparing legal documents giving temporary custody to a family member or friend who is in the U.S. legally. If they are arrested and deported, someone will be able to take care of the children.

Illegal immigrants prepare to leave kids - CBS Atlanta News, Weather, Sports, Traffic - WGCL 46

You know what the mean. Welfare, food stamps and Medicaid. Guess who pays?:eusa_hand:
These children are Citizens of Mexico according to Mexico Constitution.

THIS is exactly why "birthright citizenship" is an absolute JOKE. The consequence of a criminal act (illegal entry into the US) should not be to allow these kids to stay here. They SHOULD be deported or locked up as well.

On July 1, law enforcement will begin cracking down on illegal immigrants under Georgia's new immigration law. Some parents are preparing to leave their kids behind. Our Lady of the Americas Catholic Mission in Lilburn has a Hispanic congregation. Most of the children were born in the U.S. and are U.S. citizens. Many of their parents are illegal immigrants. They look to Reverend Luis Guillermo for guidance. "The idea is to assist the parents to prepare for the law - prepare for what will happen with the children if they had any problems with police, an arrest or anything," said Guillermo. Now, the parents are preparing legal documents giving temporary custody to a family member or friend who is in the U.S. legally. If they are arrested and deported, someone will be able to take care of the children.

Illegal immigrants prepare to leave kids - CBS Atlanta News, Weather, Sports, Traffic - WGCL 46

You know what the mean. Welfare, food stamps and Medicaid. Guess who pays?:eusa_hand:

Most countries in the world have the same kind of law, if we followed those none of us would be Americans.

THIS is exactly why "birthright citizenship" is an absolute JOKE. The consequence of a criminal act (illegal entry into the US) should not be to allow these kids to stay here. They SHOULD be deported or locked up as well.

Than how would one attain American citizenship? both parents have to be US Citizens?

Than how would one attain American citizenship? both parents have to be US Citizens?

That would be a good start in my mind. Truthfully, I'm not a big fan of granting ayone Citizenship based solely on where they were born or who they were born to. In my mind Citizenship is a Privilege, not a Right; and it needs to be EARNED regardless of where you were born.

That would be a good start in my mind. Truthfully, I'm not a big fan of granting ayone Citizenship based solely on where they were born or who they were born to. In my mind Citizenship is a Privilege, not a Right; and it needs to be EARNED regardless of where you were born.

How would one earn American citizenship?

They always use the children and break up of families argument. They put themselves in this situation not us. It's horse shit. If they didn't break the law in the first place they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

One parent would have to be a citizen or they would have to be naturalized.

One parent would have to be a citizen or they would have to be naturalized.

What if they have Green Cards? Visas?

I think Military Service should definently qualify one for citizenship.

I agree with this one, as long as they are not dishonorably discharged. To serve in the military they need some type of green card or visa I believe. They need a criminal background check etc to serve.

Servicing in the military is a selfless act and the ultimate scarifice for America. The only other requirement I would make is they must speak English.

If a Republican in Congress was smart they would offer this up instead to counter the Nightmare Act!

I agree with this one, as long as they are not dishonorably discharged. To serve in the military they need some type of green card or visa I believe. They need a criminal background check etc to serve.

Servicing in the military is a selfless act and the ultimate scarifice for America. The only other requirement I would make is they must speak English.

If a Republican in Congress was smart they would offer this up instead to counter the Nightmare Act!

You have to have a Green Card to serve, so basically illegals cannot go this route.

End Birthright Citizenship and close the border or this will be a never ending problem!

Maybe, we could offer the illegal alien families a Package Deportation Deal to include their mostly illegitimate children to return to their countries of origin with thier illegal alien parents.

Reverend Luis Guillermo should be arrested for aiding and abetting the illegal aliens in this case. Aiding and Abetting is a crime you know. Also, for acting as an "Adoption Attorney" which is practicing law without a license. The illegal aliens should never be placed above the law.

The custody agreements that this traitor Guillermo is drawing up and these illegal aliens are signing are for a one year contract to take care of their Anchor Babies. What happens after that? The kids will most likely fall in to the states hands to raise, feed, educate and provide medical care and housing for. NO THANKS!

The illegal aliens knew that they were committing crimes by being in the United States illegally. The main reason they had children was to collect social service benefits and by having children makes it harder to deport them. Those kids are nothing but children of convenience. By letting the children stay in America the parents can have foothold on reentering the United States later down the road. Talk about using your children for your own selfish means! The illegal aliens should take their children with them back to their countries of origin and raise them themselves. When the Anchor Babies/Jackpot Babies turn 18 they can return to the United States if they desire.

The illegal aliens are used to running away from their responsibilities and avoiding facing the consequences of their actions they should leave and take their children with them, they’re not America’s responsibility to deal with. What kind of caring parent would ever abandon their children? The illegal aliens are just using thier children as leverage. That’s why it’s important to End Birthright Citizenship and to close the border or this will be a never ending problem.

Last edited:

Baloney!

Excuse the fuck out of me, if you are willing to serve this country and put your life on the line, you deserve citizenship. Besides, you need to at least have a Green card to go in the service anyways.

Bullshit and you're not excused you're working for the other side. What's that word I'm looking for something that starts with a "T".

Forum List

Back