Illegal Immigrants and US Economy

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Eliasj11, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Eliasj11

Eliasj11 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there everyone I am a student at Fresno State and currently doing a project about illegal immigrants and their effects on the US economy. According to the research that I have done within these past couple of weeks, I have found many articles supporting the illegal immigrants. Throughout the articles, many of them state that illegal immigrants help our economy because of the cheap labor that they provide and how many business and companies benefit from this and many other reasons. I am still in the process of doing research for this particular subject and just wanted to see what people outside of my community have to say about this topic. I would appreciate it if you took time to reply to this and feel free to say whatever you feel like saying. Thank you.

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Good news! Fewer illegals crossin' the border - and some are even goin' back...
    :clap2:
    Pew study: Mexican immigration to U.S. down sharply since 2005
    4/24/2012 - Mexican immigration to the U.S. has slowed since 2005, and the number of illegal immigrants from Mexico living in the country has dropped significantly after more than four decades of growth, a study released Monday by the Pew Research Center shows.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. get_involved

get_involved Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +565
    LA County Cost for Illegal Aliens is $1.6 Billion Per Year!

This is JUST one County!

““With the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” said Antonovich. “These costs do not include the hundreds of millions of dollars for education.”

WELFARE COSTS FOR CHILDREN OF ILLEGAL ALIENS EXCEEDS $646 MILLION

LOS ANGELES COUNTY – Year-end closing 2011 figures from the Department of Public Social Services reported that over $646 million in welfare and food stamp benefits were issued to illegal alien parents for their native-born children, announced Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich."

Antonovich: LA County Cost for Illegal Aliens is $1.6 Billion Per Year

4. starcraftzzz

starcraftzzz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Reason Foundation - Illegal Immigrants are Paying a Lot More Taxes Than You Think
    Illegal immigrants contribute a net 80,000 dollars in taxes over their lifetime. Meaning the 12 million illegal immigrants currently in America will contribute 1 trillion more dollars in taxes than they receive in benefits. Illegal immigrants still pay all state/local taxes (including sales and property) while paying some income taxes (some are paid under the table). Since illegal immigrants enter the country during their working years they do not cost the government in education costs. Also sine illegal immigrants are legally unable to get SS, Medicare or other social benefits they do not cost the government any money in those matters.

5. Eliasj11

Eliasj11 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for posting your thoughts and the articles!! I really appreciate it.

6. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
  7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779