Illegal Immigrant got sick crossing the border. Should we sympathize?

Should we sympathize?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's so nice when borders become more important than human lives.

Seriously, a fine example of a WWJD? moment......

:clap:
He did it to himself.
I would bet borders have saved more lives than cost them.

He didn't do it to himself, he was a victim of confidence men. Him and those with him were convinced to pay for a trip that cost some their lives and nearly cost him his and what do you think his motivations were? Could it have been a chance at a better life in the United States? Try to put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself if you wouldn't do the same thing if some silver tongued con man came along to whatever 3rd world shit hole this guy was living in and promised you safe trip to the promised land for cash, would you take him up on it?

Of course he should be deported after he recovers since he's here illegally but the people that we should be cracking down on are the human smugglers that profit off deception and the desire of human beings to seek to improve their own circumstances.
He wasnt a victim. He tried to break laws and he got hurt. Thats on him, man.
That sort of emotion is probably why the guy that was robbing these peoples home sued and WON for cutting himself on THEIR broken window.

A wall is not going to stop the capitalism of illegal immigration.
A wall is needless. If we cut down on incentive, immigration would cut itself down naturally. Take away their reason for being here, you take away the illegals.

A wall is needless. If we cut down on incentive, immigration would cut itself down naturally. Take away their reason for being here, you take away the illegals.

So we could

A. Make our country into a third-world cesspool.

Or

B. Go after the employers who don't check or don't care about the immigration status of employees.

He did it to himself.

He didn't do it to himself, he was a victim of confidence men. Him and those with him were convinced to pay for a trip that cost some their lives and nearly cost him his and what do you think his motivations were? Could it have been a chance at a better life in the United States? Try to put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself if you wouldn't do the same thing if some silver tongued con man came along to whatever 3rd world shit hole this guy was living in and promised you safe trip to the promised land for cash, would you take him up on it?

Of course he should be deported after he recovers since he's here illegally but the people that we should be cracking down on are the human smugglers that profit off deception and the desire of human beings to seek to improve their own circumstances.
That sort of emotion is probably why the guy that was robbing these peoples home sued and WON for cutting himself on THEIR broken window.

Apples and oranges.

The question isn't about a criminal suing the intended victim, but about refusing to give the guy who cut himself stitches because he was breaking into a home.

So we could

Or

B. Go after the employers who don't check or don't care about the immigration status of employees.
why would we have to make a country third world for stopping illegal immigration?
Going after employees is a biggy. Along with property managers, mortgage companies, reagans laws about free healthcare and how we got forced to pay for public schooling.
All incentive.

He did it to himself.

Try a little empathy and contemplation beyond the surface TN, I promise it won't kill you and you may learn something along the way. :)

False equivalence, the guy in this case was conned into believing that he was buying a shot at a better life without victimizing anybody else.

He did it to himself.

Apples and oranges.

The question isn't about a criminal suing the intended victim, but about refusing to give the guy who cut himself stitches because he was breaking into a home.
It was about emotion. Like i said.

He did it to himself.

Try a little empathy and contemplation beyond the surface TN, I promise it won't kill you and you may learn something along the way. :)

False equivalence, the guy in this case was conned into believing that he was buying a shot at a better life without victimizing anybody else.
I have empathy. But i dont with illegal immigration. Incentive and empathy is what draws them here. Sorry, i cant go that route. Sometimes, solving problems is hard and ruthless. Much is life.
Illegal immigration isnt a victimless crime.

So we could

Or

why would we have to make a country third world for stopping illegal immigration?
Going after employees is a biggy. Along with property managers, mortgage companies, reagans laws about free healthcare and how we got forced to pay for public schooling.
All incentive.

Cutting down on employers and other income sources would do the job. Also, illegal immigrants caught committing crimes in the US should be deported.

So we could

Or

All incentive.

Cutting down on employers and other income sources would do the job. Also, illegal immigrants caught committing crimes in the US should be deported.
It wouldnt do the job by itself. We must cut back on all incentive. If not, its a waste of time.

He did it to himself.

I have empathy. But i dont with illegal immigration. Incentive and empathy is what draws them here. Sorry, i cant go that route. Sometimes, solving problems is hard and ruthless. Much is life.

That's a lot of words to say, "Let 'em die."

He did it to himself.

That's a lot of words to say, "Let 'em die."
You can interpret it anyway you want. Doesnt bother me. Fact is, if he didnt try to come into our country illegally, none of this would have happened to him. I hope him and his father get deported post haste

He did it to himself.

I have empathy. But i dont with illegal immigration. Incentive and empathy is what draws them here.
You're kidding right? The incentives are purely economic which any person should be able to empathize with, like I said before try to put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself would you do the same?

I agree but in general illegal immigrants don't see it that way because they are completely unaware of the costs that their actions impose on others.

"Where you live should not decide Whether you live or whether you die" -- U2, Crumbs From Your Table

He did it to himself.

I have empathy. But i dont with illegal immigration. Incentive and empathy is what draws them here.
You're kidding right? The incentives are purely economic which any person should be able to empathize with, like I said before try to put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself would you do the same?

I agree but in general illegal immigrants don't see it that way because they are completely unaware of the costs that their actions impose on others.

"Where you live should not decide Whether you live or whether you die" -- U2, Crumbs From Your Table
of course it all comes down to economic. We have a legal process. I also think its too strict and the whole process is ridiculous and time consuming. But i cant just ignore law and the shit that comes with it for the feels. Feelingss cant run a country.
Because they dont see it that way doesnt mean it is someone elses fault. You dont think he knows of all the possible consequences that come with that crap?
I cant excuse someone just because.

of course it all comes down to economic. We have a legal process. I also think its too strict and the whole process is ridiculous and time consuming. But i cant just ignore law and the shit that comes with it for the feels. Feelingss cant run a country.
Because they dont see it that way doesnt mean it is someone elses fault. You dont think he knows of all the possible consequences that come with that crap?

So you're not sympathetic.

Big deal. What action do you think is appropriate? No medical care? Shot on sight? A trial and sentencing (for which he'd have to live)?

Big deal. What action do you think is appropriate? No medical care? Shot on sight? A trial and sentencing (for which he'd have to live)?
Not when it comes to the law. And ESPECIALLY about illegal immigration.

The process and the existing laws aren't the point (although I generally agree with your assignment), your thread specifically asked about sympathy for this man which is a completely different question.

Perhaps an old adage will clarify my point: "Hate the sin, love the sinner".

In other words having empathy with or sympathy for illegal immigrant(s) that were victimized by human smugglers doesn't equate to supporting illegal immigration, the people in this case didn't deserve to be so victimized simply because they were fleeing economic despair and oppression in their places of birth/residence and seeking a better life in the United States.

Personally I think it's far more productive to attempt to understand WHY illegal immigrants are willing to risk so much to come here illegally which might lead to figuring out how to reduce or eliminate their incentives to do so.

Not when it comes to the law. And ESPECIALLY about illegal immigration.

You avoided what you think should have been done. I gave options, but feel free to expand.

He Crossed The Border In A Packed, Unventilated Trailer And Survived
san-antonio-815-edit_wide-b8954eea54e0bc931151b2069a050d263b78492b-s800-c85.png

Brandon Martinez, 16, was one of nearly 40 undocumented immigrants found on a blistering summer day inside an unventilated trailer parked at a San Antonio Wal-Mart. Ten died, and Brandon barely survived.

Federal officials who interviewed some of the survivors say that the human cargo was assembled and loaded into the truck in the border city of Laredo.

Some had paid smugglers to take them across the Rio Grande in rafts. One immigrant said there were as many as 200 people in the back of the truck.

Before he closed the door, one of the human smugglers reassured them that the truck had a refrigeration unit, but as the trip up Interstate 35 progressed they realized there was no cooling system. They took turns gulping outside air through a small vent hole, and began passing out. They pounded on the walls of the enclosure to get the driver's attention but he did not stop until he pulled over at the Wal-Mart, he says, to urinate. That's when, the driver claims, he was surprised to hear people in the trailer, opened the door and saw the grim scene inside with "bodies just lying on the floor like meat." It was a Wal-Mart employee who called 911. Many of the passengers fled on foot or were picked up by black SUVs before the police arrived.
---
Sad story but I wonder who is paying for that hospital visit? Sure hope they deport him and his illegal father.

Hell no. If they weren't in the country illegally they wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Ship em back to Mexico. Let their medical people pay the bills for them. Not the taxpayers of America.

Forum List

Back