Illegal Immigrant Fights to GET PAID for Being Student Body President

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
"Illegal immigrant fights for pay after being elected Cal-Long Beach student body president"

"Politics pays in college, but not quite as well for illegal immigrants.

Student government representatives at most public universities collect money for their service, including stipends as high as $15,000 per year. But Jose Salazar, the student body president at California State Long Beach University, is barred by university bylaws from collecting because he is an illegal immigrant. He’s using his political talents to find a loophole."

Illegal immigrant fights for pay after being elected Cal-Long Beach student body president

1. I did not even know that STUDENT Body Presidents got paid, especially as much as $15,000 a year! When I went to college I didn't know how many people, if any, were part of the Student Body 'Counsel' because we NEVER heard one thing abut or from them.

2. There is a reason they are called ILLEGALS - THEY BROKE THE LAW TO GET HERE AND CONTINUE TO BREAK THE LAW BY BEING HERE ILLEGALLY! If this administration would actually ENFORCE EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAW this guy would have a bigger problem than NOT GETTING PAID for serving in college student government! He'd have to be worried about BEING DEPORTED!

Why would this guy get paid, when athletes who generate MILLIONS of dollars annually, don't get paid?

"Illegal immigrant fights for pay after being elected Cal-Long Beach student body president"

Student government representatives at most public universities collect money for their service, including stipends as high as $15,000 per year. But Jose Salazar, the student body president at California State Long Beach University, is barred by university bylaws from collecting because he is an illegal immigrant. He’s using his political talents to find a loophole."

Illegal immigrant fights for pay after being elected Cal-Long Beach student body president

1. I did not even know that STUDENT Body Presidents got paid, especially as much as $15,000 a year! When I went to college I didn't know how many people, if any, were part of the Student Body 'Counsel' because we NEVER heard one thing abut or from them.

2. There is a reason they are called ILLEGALS - THEY BROKE THE LAW TO GET HERE AND CONTINUE TO BREAK THE LAW BY BEING HERE ILLEGALLY! If this administration would actually ENFORCE EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAW this guy would have a bigger problem than NOT GETTING PAID for serving in college student government! He'd have to be worried about BEING DEPORTED!
Welcome to The Age of Obama.

Why would this guy get paid, when athletes who generate MILLIONS of dollars annually, don't get paid?
Believe it or not, while those athletes, like you pointed out, DON'T get paid, Student Body Presidents at universities can make as much as $15,000 a year! Crazy, isn't it?!

He shouldn't even be attending college in the US.

Keep voting for Dimocrats, and soon they'll not only be getting paid, but they'll be getting student housing and healthcare too. No doubt they already get the in-state tuition benefit.

How is he able to do that instead of being deported? You sure he is an illegal immigrant? Or is so-called "illegal immigrants", or at least some types among such, legal? Was just out of curiosity. I don't care how this goes.

If he's doing the job he should be paid for it like anybody else.
Not if he is an ILLEGAL!!!!!

According to who? If this was an issue then they shouldn't have let him run for the position in the first place, but they did and he's been doing the work so he needs to be paid for it, period.
Why do you support people breaking the law?

I believe it's Cal-Long Beach who does that.

If he's doing the job he should be paid for it like anybody else.
Not if he is an ILLEGAL!!!!!

According to who? If this was an issue then they shouldn't have let him run for the position in the first place, but they did and he's been doing the work so he needs to be paid for it, period.
Yeah, he should be contribution which is about as serious as yours here. Unlike yours, his is a position that belongs on a resume and nothing else.

Forum List

Back