Illegal gun possession in Japan, 30 years. Baltimore, 1 year, why we have gun crime....

Wow, dude, is this your argument, mass shootings aren't a bad thing because they only represent a FRACTION of the death your fetish causes?

I think you are making my argument for me.

No.....a fraction would be bad......9 out of 8,124 doesn't even register....and the only reason many of those happened....you assholes made just about every public space a gun free zone...where normal gun owners have to leave their guns at home......and mass shooters can shoot at will until the cops, with guns, get there............

How do you you stop gun murder....? You make criminal possession of a gun 30 years........you then broadcast it every day in every prison to put the message out to the actual criminals......and then you won't have criminals so eager to carry guns as they look for their gang rivals to murder...and the thug life bobbing the liquor store will use anything to rob the store as long as it isn't a gun.....

That is how you stop gun violence....not by making normal gun owners fill out more paperwork....
The reason we won't see more punitive anti-gun actions is the existing judicial system is reluctant to provoke a widely rebellious action by Second Amendment advocates which could, especially with a Conservative Supreme Court seated, suspend or eliminate all or most gun laws.

For example, I live in New Jersey which imposes some of the most prohibitive gun laws in the Nation. In spite of the fact that I am a model citizen with a pristine background and I held a CCW for 23 years in New York City, I cannot obtain a CCW permit here.

I own a handgun. If ever I have cause to go out at night and move about in some area where I am likely to be robbed or assaulted I will carry my gun. If I am arrested and convicted of a crime I have family members who are capable of making quite a bit of official noise in protest.

My gun is legally owned. If my reason for carrying it is perfectly understandable, and if I've committed no crime, gun-related or otherwise, I would objectively appear before a jury as a peaceful citizen whose Constitutional right to be armed is brazenly violated. With a good enough lawyer, a right-minded jury, a conducive public mood and a sufficient number of respectable citizens could mean a very big headache for the existing System, as well as the possible repeal of a lot of existing gun laws.

That is why no U.S. court would dare hand out a 30 year gun sentence -- not even to an habitual offender. To do so would strongly re-awaken the spirit of the Second Amendment.

Last edited:
They aren't exercising their right moron......we are talking convicted felons caught with guns they cannot legally own.....you are such a troll...

If they are out of prison, they've paid their debt to society. We don't revoke any other "right" because someone had completed a sentence, do we?

here's the thing, Dick Tiny, we already lock up 2 million people We have another 7 million on parole or probation. The idea tha we can "incarcerate" our way to civility is kind of nuts.

Maybe we should do what the Japanese do. No one gets to own a gun.
Maybe we should execute convicted gun criminals. We could empty out 3/4 of the prison population over night.

Actually felons are prohibited from doing all kinds of things after they are released

Try getting a securities or insurance license or a security guard job with a felony conviction

But none of those are God-Given "Rights" enshrined by the Founding Slave Rapists in a badly worded bill of rights.

We don''t tell a felon that he has lost his right to free speech, religion, association, right to a trial, right to not incriminate himself, protection against unreasonable searches and seizures... and so on.

Actually, you could make an argument against the fourth Amendment still applying, they've been chipping away at that one for years.

But you said yourself rights aren't absolute so what's your problem with denying felons a right?

And FYI when on parole the 4th does not apply.

Felons have been told they can't own a computer so that's a 1st amendment restriction
They can't vote

etc
What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?

I would venture to guess if every Japanese citizen had firearms there would still be very little crime.

No.....a fraction would be bad......9 out of 8,124 doesn't even register....and the only reason many of those happened....you assholes made just about every public space a gun free zone...where normal gun owners have to leave their guns at home......and mass shooters can shoot at will until the cops, with guns, get there............

Okay, guy, nobody wants to work next to a nut carrying a gun. People are more afraid of you than mass shooters. Go in and announce to your co-workers that you plan to bring your penis substitute into work every day. I'm reasonably sure your coworkers will be having a word with human resources about that.

But you said yourself rights aren't absolute so what's your problem with denying felons a right?

Why doesn't it? You see, the problem is, when you guys claim something is a "right", it shouldn't be qualified.

Felons have been told they can't own a computer so that's a 1st amendment restriction

Not really. But you keep stretching for those false equivalencies.

Why doesn't it? You see, the problem is, when you guys claim something is a "right", it shouldn't be qualified.

Not really. But you keep stretching for those false equivalencies.

Tell me where I said a right should never be qualified. ANd stop being so intellectually lazy by responding to me as "you guys"

If you can't remember what I have said in a thread then either go back ans refresh your memory or don't waste my fucking time

Tell me where I said a right should never be qualified. ANd stop being so intellectually lazy by responding to me as "you guys"

If you can't remember what I have said in a thread then either go back ans refresh your memory or don't waste my fucking time

I don't waste time remembering how your malignant narcissism manifests itself from week to week. Life's too fucking short.

On the larger concept- that if one really thinks gun ownership is a right like a fair trial or the ability to pray to the imaginary friend in the sky of your choice, then there's really no justifying denying it to someone who got convicted of a crime once. They have just as much of a 'right' to self-defense as anyone else and perhaps more of a need.

If one thinks that gun ownership is a privilage that should be qualified, then guess what, you are on the same page as the 'gun grabbers'.

It's just a matter of how much qualification you want.

Given there is no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun, that qualification should be pretty high.

I don't waste time remembering how your malignant narcissism manifests itself from week to week. Life's too fucking short.

On the larger concept- that if one really thinks gun ownership is a right like a fair trial or the ability to pray to the imaginary friend in the sky of your choice, then there's really no justifying denying it to someone who got convicted of a crime once. They have just as much of a 'right' to self-defense as anyone else and perhaps more of a need.

If one thinks that gun ownership is a privilage that should be qualified, then guess what, you are on the same page as the 'gun grabbers'.

It's just a matter of how much qualification you want.

Given there is no good reason for an average citizen to own a gun, that qualification should be pretty high.

The last line is your opinion therefore meaningless and like the rest of your post a waste of my time

goodbye

Okay, guy, nobody wants to work next to a nut carrying a gun. People are more afraid of you than mass shooters. Go in and announce to your co-workers that you plan to bring your penis substitute into work every day. I'm reasonably sure your coworkers will be having a word with human resources about that.
I bring my weapon to work every day. No one complains. As a matter of fact, one young woman is very happy that I am armed.
My weapon is not some kind of phallus. It is not an extension of my ego. It is a tool I have ready to defend my life, my friends and my property. I have carried a firearm nearly daily for 50 years.
In all that time, it has prevented 2 assaults on my person, the rape of my wife and an armed robbery and been a probable deterrent in a few more robberies at my place of business where I simply tuck in my shirt tail at closing time if there are shady characters at the bar.
I have unholstered my weapon exactly once. The man with the knife on his hip thought better and his hand came up empty. I did not fire.
Only the last incident was reported to police and no mention of me drawing my weapon is in the police report
So, Joe, 2 armed robberies and a rape prevented for sure and no one got shot.
Not one single coworker, colleague, partner, employer, friend, lover or family member has ever complained about my "penis substitute". No one I know of is uncomfortable with the fact that I am nearly always armed but you and several would be robbers and a rapist.
So Joe, what does that make you? A robber? A rapist? Or just a pussy?

Moron..there are work places all around the country that already allow that...even schools......

Nothing you believe or say about gun and gun owners is based in reality or truth.......you just pull it out of your ass....

I bring my weapon to work every day. No one complains. As a matter of fact, one young woman is very happy that I am armed.
My weapon is not some kind of phallus. It is not an extension of my ego. It is a tool I have ready to defend my life, my friends and my property. I have carried a firearm nearly daily for 50 years.

Yes, we have already determined your are an insecure personw ho is really scared of the Negroes...

Forum List

Back