Illegal drugs are bad newzzzzz

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Practically evey crime has an element of illegal drug somewhere.

I think that rescue units should let OD cases just die and not waste taxpayer money................

NUKE THE CARTELS IN MEHICO

Drug cartels in Mexico...
:confused:
Mexico's most powerful drug cartels
Mexico declared a major victory Tuesday when it arrested the leader of the La Familia drug gang and 50 of its members, calling the group finished after the arrests. But the deadly drug war in Mexico is far from over. Many experts expect the remaining La Familia members to join allied groups and for its territory to be absorbed by other traffickers. Here’s a look at Mexico’s most powerful drug cartels:
Sinaloa Federation

Sinaloa is considered Mexico’s most powerful drug trafficking organization, and its leader, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, is the most wanted man in Mexico. The group’s domain stretches from the central west coast to the center north of the country (see map here), and it has steadily moved into the territory of other organizations. Its rivalry with the Juárez cartel has been the cause of much of the violence in border town Ciudad Juárez, which was the site of more than a quarter of the country’s total drug-related casualties in 2010.

Map-of-Mexican-drug-cartels_full_300.jpg

As many other trafficking organizations have fragmented in recent years, Sinaloa has gained influence, according to an April 2011 STRATFOR report on Mexico’s drug war. Mr. Guzman gained influence himself as leaders of Sinaloa’s allies and internal factions took hits from Mexican President Felipe Calderón’s crackdown on the trafficking organizations.

A brother of the former leader of Beltrán Leyva Organization (BLO), a former ally of Sinaloa, accused Guzman of betraying BLO’s leaders to the government to minimize challenges to his leadership, according to STRATFOR, the global intelligence firm. Sinaloa’s imperviousness to Calderon’s efforts have led the Mexican government to focus on taking down the smaller, weaker organizations and hoping that Sinaloa would act to reduce violence on their own since it hinders trafficking efforts.

MORE

You're worried about the Mexican drug cartels?

Legalize marijuana and 66% of their illegal profits are gone with the stroke of a pen.

Don't tax it, just legalize it.

Then we might actually focus our attention on REAL problems.

Like for example, how to find work for all the cops, prison guards, and other functionaries of the criminal injustice system we won't need when hemp is legal..

I think prohibition breeds crime not drugs

For once, I think you're right. PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK! I thought America already learned that lesson with alcohol; apparently not. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now; all prohibition does, is provide another revenue stream for organized crime. Period. I can't think of any illegal drug I would care to use, if it were legal. Doesn't matter; some people will use them, regardless, and some will supply that need, at whatever cost the market will bear, regardless. The "war on drugs" is and has been an abject, miserable failure, for decades, and it's way past time to end the charade.

Get high, get dead...
:eek:
Drug use involved in 25% of fatal crashes, study finds
23 June`11 - Drivers who die in crashes test positive for drugs 25% of the time, a new study finds.
Researchers examined data on more than 44,000 drivers in single-vehicle crashes who died between 1999 and 2009. They found that 24.9% tested positive for drugs and 37% had blood-alcohol levels in excess of 0.08, the legal limit. Fifty-eight percent had no alcohol in their systems; 5% had less than 0.08. The data were from a government database on traffic fatalities.

Study co-authors Eduardo Romano and Robert Voas of the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation in Calverton, Md., say their study is one of the first to show the prevalence of drug use among fatally injured drivers. Among drivers who tested positive for drugs, 22% were positive for marijuana, 22% for stimulants and 9% for narcotics. The study also examined interaction between alcohol and drugs in fatal crashes. Researchers found no evidence that combining drugs and alcohol produced greater impairment. "When a driver is drunk, it doesn't matter what drugs are in their system. The alcohol takes over," Romano says.

Unlike data for drunken driving, data on drugged driving are limited, says Robert DuPont, former head of the National Institute on Drug Abuse. But in 2007, the National Roadside Survey found that 16% of nighttime weekend drivers tested positive for illegal drugs. "There's still an inadequate appreciation of drugged driving separate from the alcohol problem," DuPont says. Only 19 states have laws prohibiting any amount of drugs while operating a vehicle, according to the Governors Highway Safety Association.

Source

I think prohibition breeds crime not drugs

You know what, I think we finally found something we agree on.

To think that if it where legal, society would just go nuts & do every drug they can is ridiculous!! People that are already doing it, will continue.............the only difference will be that they won't be criminals anymore. And the people that aren't doing it, aren't going to be effected one bit. Alcohol will do everything those other drugs will, yet we have liquor stores with drive up windows!!

Practically evey crime has an element of illegal drug somewhere.

I think that rescue units should let OD cases just die and not waste taxpayer money................

NUKE THE CARTELS IN MEHICO

I think Drunk Drivers should receive 200 lashes in front of the court house and have there rights of citizenship revoked on there first offense, and mandatory death sentence on there second considering they kill more people a year then those who use and peddle drugs.

Forum List

Back