"If you’re racist or ignorant you are probably a Breitbart reader”

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
For Conservative Press, The Post-Trump Reckoning Can’t Come Soon Enough

“There are elements of the entertainment wing of the Republican Party that need to be dealt with.”

The success of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, accompanied by a civil war within conservative media over his candidacy, was bound to produce a post-election reckoning. Breitbart’s Steve Bannon’s ascension from anti-establishment bomb-thrower to head of the Republican presidential campaign ― essentially the establishment ― has only accelerated the process.

“There are a lot of people who will forever be tarred by their support for Donald Trump, and certainly Breitbart News is going to be part of that campaign,” said Amanda Carpenter, a former top staffer to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and a CNN commentator. “In one way, I hope that these alt right websites all jump on board the Trump campaign so we can have a clear referendum on who has real credibility and who doesn’t.”

Added Hemingway: “There are elements of the entertainment wing of the Republican Party that need to be dealt with. The Sean Hannitys of the world would not be missed if they had a less large platform than they do now.”

Few could express sincere shock over the Bannon news. The site has long been a Trump cheerleader (though its founder felt a bit differently). And Trump has rewarded it in kind with leaks, interviews and a mimicking of its self-described “populist, nationalist” style. The concern, instead, lies in the legitimization that Breitbart and others like it receive by being granted the head seat at the proverbial table.

“There are a lot more racist and ignorant people in America that are now on the Internet,” said Kurt Bardella, a Republican operative who served two years as a Breitbart spokesman before quitting over the site’s allegiance to Trump. “I’m not saying all people from a certain ideology are racist or ignorant. What I’m saying is that if you’re racist or ignorant you are probably a Breitbart reader.”

More: For Conservative Press, The Post-Trump Reckoning Can't Come Soon Enough

Since Steve Bannon has gone from running Breitbart to heading the Trump campaign, I can't imagine what to expect next.

Why does Trump cater to the most extreme, ignorant and racist fringe elements of the Republican Party?

Yeah. When people offer a link from brietbarf I laugh and dont pay it any attention. I remember the first time I saw that site I died laughing at the ignorance of the cave chimps that contribute.

From the OP:

Breitbart “is the tip of the spear for lunatic anti-Clinton pseudo-scandals and conspiracy theories, [and] has perfected the style of writing propaganda under the guise of ‘reporting’ like an electronic Arkansas Project,” he said.

For Conservative Press, The Post-Trump Reckoning Can’t Come Soon Enough

“There are elements of the entertainment wing of the Republican Party that need to be dealt with.”

The success of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, accompanied by a civil war within conservative media over his candidacy, was bound to produce a post-election reckoning. Breitbart’s Steve Bannon’s ascension from anti-establishment bomb-thrower to head of the Republican presidential campaign ― essentially the establishment ― has only accelerated the process.

“There are a lot of people who will forever be tarred by their support for Donald Trump, and certainly Breitbart News is going to be part of that campaign,” said Amanda Carpenter, a former top staffer to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and a CNN commentator. “In one way, I hope that these alt right websites all jump on board the Trump campaign so we can have a clear referendum on who has real credibility and who doesn’t.”

Added Hemingway: “There are elements of the entertainment wing of the Republican Party that need to be dealt with. The Sean Hannitys of the world would not be missed if they had a less large platform than they do now.”

Few could express sincere shock over the Bannon news. The site has long been a Trump cheerleader (though its founder felt a bit differently). And Trump has rewarded it in kind with leaks, interviews and a mimicking of its self-described “populist, nationalist” style. The concern, instead, lies in the legitimization that Breitbart and others like it receive by being granted the head seat at the proverbial table.

“There are a lot more racist and ignorant people in America that are now on the Internet,” said Kurt Bardella, a Republican operative who served two years as a Breitbart spokesman before quitting over the site’s allegiance to Trump. “I’m not saying all people from a certain ideology are racist or ignorant. What I’m saying is that if you’re racist or ignorant you are probably a Breitbart reader.”

More: For Conservative Press, The Post-Trump Reckoning Can't Come Soon Enough

Since Steve Bannon has gone from running Breitbart to heading the Trump campaign, I can't imagine what to expect next.

Never read the site but still my neck is red and proud to be ignorant!

Yeah. When people offer a link from brietbarf I laugh and dont pay it any attention. I remember the first time I saw that site I died laughing at the ignorance of the cave chimps that contribute.
And yet trump hired breitbart? Next thing you'll be telling me is trump hired Roger ailes to win over women voters. And George Zimmerman to reach out to the black community

No....Breitbart isn't a democrat website...so it can't be racist.....the only center of racism in this country now is the democrat party......

black lives matter...racist.

La raza...racist.

Black Panthers...racist.

Congressional black caucus....racist...

All core groups of the democrat party...all openly and proudly racist......

obama...racist.

al sharpton...racist.

the leaders of the democrat party...and racists.....

No....Breitbart isn't a democrat website...so it can't be racist.....the only center of racism in this country now is the democrat party......

black lives matter...racist.

La raza...racist.

Black Panthers...racist.

Congressional black caucus....racist...

All core groups of the democrat party...all openly and proudly racist......

obama...racist.

al sharpton...racist.

the leaders of the democrat party...and racists.....

Fail........:oops-28:

And yet trump hired breitbart? Next thing you'll be telling me is trump hired Roger ailes to win over women voters. And George Zimmerman to reach out to the black community

Trump may soon hire Zimmerman.

Forum List

Back