If you're a right wing "maker", but fell on hard times, would you be a "taker"? YES.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, Nov 23, 2012.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    The right wing arrogance is hitting all time levels. The new effort to divide and label us is the "makers vs takers" nonsense. "Takers" are a new class of people I guess, to be equated to gypsies and transients by the right wing.

BUT...I ask all the proud, snobbish "makers" of the right wing a few questions. Would you become a "taker" if your home depended on it? Your wife? Your KIDS?

What if something happened and you lost your job and/or your house. Maybe you have some money saved up and can live on it til the next job. But what if, like many Americans, that next job never comes. Or you got hurt and disabled, but had an insurance problem and got caught in a loophole.

Now, Im sure you'd say "Im self reliant, I'd find a way, I'd start a business, etc, etc".

Im sure you would. BUT...what if it didn't happen quick enough? What if unemployment ran out, yet, no new job? What if your kids started getting hungry. And the money started running out.

What would you do? Would you take the drastic step of asking friends and family for help? Sure. But..what if they couldn't? Or you dont have that many of them? Or THEY are struggling too?

Kids need school supplies and clothes. The house you had is foreclosed and you are in a low rent apartment. Kids are hungry.

Almost worst case scenario is playing out for you. And then someone says...."Hey man, go down to the county offices. They have a place you can sign up for food stamps and welfare for a while."

Do you do it? Do you become a......TAKER??? Or do you stick to your believes, go hungry, let your family go without what they need, and keep sinking further into the hole?

We know the answer. But will you give it honestly?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
    Ten years ago, I would have sucked my shotgun before going on the dole. Twice, I lost a job (laid off once due to cutbacks, another closed when the building burned)...both times, I could have collected unemployment. Both times, I didn't.

Now...I'm seriously considering going on every form of welfare I can manage to get. I give up.

3. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    They don't give a shit dude....they only speak in rhetoric and talking points that are fucking spoon fed to them by their right wing, corporate fellating pundits.

They refuse to think in those terms....that kind of critical thinking isn't allowed....because it's not directed towards....."libruls".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,709
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Should the Makers Take? Sure, They made so they can take. It's the damn do nothing takers who should not take.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    as if MOST people wouldn't go to their family before they go suck off taxpayers..

for some people they JUST CAN'T seem to figure out any other way but to go to daddy guberment (TAXPAYERS), that is what is wrong with our country today

6. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    It's not the people who use government assistance as a leg up that are the problem, that's its purpose; it's the ones who use it as a leg to stand on. Especially those fat-assed WalMart shopping bastards permanently on welfare.

7. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Wow, good thing you don't project.....Much. :rolleyes:

8. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Nope...Since I'm self-employed, I'm not eligible for almost every federal handout there is....But that doesn't stop the proxies for the moocher class from extorting from me every cent that they can get.

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    All good Republicans are one good recession and a corporate downsizing away from becoming a Democrat.

Some people are born to a single mom who doesn't give a shit about them. With no dad. In a shitty neighborhood. They grow up without anyone giving a damn about them, family, friends, govt, and sure as hell not the rich folks in the burbs. But even if they do well enough to get out on their own, and find a job and live well........if they fall on hard times, do they magically have a family appear that cares about them and willing to help them? Are the rich folks in the burbs gonna offer them a job instantly?

No. Not everyone has those resources. Thats the definition of the safety net.

And for all the rhetoric and tough guy talk from the right wingers............EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE OF THEM would take that govt handout if it prevented them and their family from going hungry and homeless. ANYONE who puts ideology over taking care of their family is a disgusting human being.

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    lol, you should be one talking about talking points, what did you just post?:lol: