If You Wonder Why That Player Shoplifted In China...Just Look At His Asshole Father

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This is pretty much self-explanatory. The kid is a chip off the old block.

LaVar Ball Does Not Credit Trump for Son’s Release After China Arrest
LaVar-Ball-ap-640x480.jpg

AP Photo/Jae C. Hong

by Warner Todd Huston18 Nov 2017153,683

UCLA basketball star LiAngelo Ball and two other players were arrested in China for shoplifting — a crime that carries a ten-year sentence there — and President Donald Trump intervened, asking Chinese President Xi Jinping to look into the case. Chinese authorities have since freed the players, but now, LiAngelo’s father, LaVar Ball, has dismissed the president’s efforts.
Freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley, and Jalen Hill were arrested in Hangzhou, China, on November 7 for allegedly stealing merchandise from a Louis Vuitton store near the hotel the team was staying in outside of Shanghai. The team was in China to face Georgia Tech in its season opener last week.

Initially, the three were told they could have been forced to stay in China under house arrest for up to a month as Chinese authorities went through the legal process to indict them. The outlook worsened, too, when Chinese authorities said they had store surveillance of the three players stealing from several stores, not just the one Louis Vuitton store.

The three were also forced to remain in China even as their teammates flew back to the United States.

But the arrests also coincided with President Donald Trump’s state visit to China, and during the trip, he appealed to Chinese leader Xi Jinping to help resolve the case. Only a day later, LiAngelo and the other two players were allowed to board a plane and fly back home to California.

Many, such as ESPN’s Tony Kornheiser, noted that the three players have Trump to thank for their quick release in a case that would have seen a Chinese citizen detained for months before the legal process even began. Indeed, not long after they arrived safely home, the players all joined in a press conference to thank the president for his efforts.

But now, LiAngelo Ball’s father is saying he and his family have no reason to be grateful to the president.

The senior Ball spoke to ESPN’s Arash Markazi on Trump’s intercession, and instead of thanking the president, Ball attacked him.

“Who?” Ball said when Markazi raised the topic. “What was he over there for? Don’t tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out,” he added.

Ball also insisted that the crime his son was accused of was no big deal.

“As long as my boy’s back here, I’m fine,” Ball said, continuing:

I’m happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, “They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.” I’m from L.A. I’ve seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn’t define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that’s a different thing.

“Everybody gets stuck on the negativity of some things, and they get stuck on them too long,” he concluded. “That’s not me. I handle what’s going on, and then we go from there.”​

.​

Why exactly were UCLA and Georgia Tech having heir season opener in Shanghai, China ...:dunno:
.​

His brother is rich... his dad started the shoe company and charges an obscene amount of money for their shoes... and you somehow think that is the reason why the kid (and his two team mates who aren't related) shop lifted while in China?

That is a stretch. And I mean that is a VERY far stretch. I think LaVar Ball is a fucking asshat who will do or say anything to make money, but in no way could I blame his kid for making such a dumb fucking decision as shop lifting while in China on him.

His brother is rich... his dad started the shoe company and charges an obscene amount of money for their shoes... and you somehow think that is the reason why the kid (and his two team mates who aren't related) shop lifted while in China?

That is a stretch. And I mean that is a VERY far stretch. I think LaVar Ball is a fucking asshat who will do or say anything to make money, but in no way could I blame his kid for making such a dumb fucking decision as shop lifting while in China on him.

Point went over your head.

Lavar Ball proved on this occasion, and many others, that he has no character whatsoever, and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

And yet, if his son was still squatting in a Chinese prison cell, you can be sure Daddy would be bawling that "Trump hasn't done anything" to get his criminal son released.

Guaranteed.

He's blameless because even though he's rich as shit....he's black....and thus a liberal sacrificial lamb.

Lavar Ball is given WAAAAAAY too much attention by the media. He was a failure as a professional athlete and has taken "Daddy Ball" to a new level of absurdity.

He was never a professional athlete

He's blameless because even though he's rich as shit....he's black....and thus a liberal sacrificial lamb.

No, he is blameless because his kid is in college and is so fucking stupid. He's in China and stealing from a high end shop. Shoplifting is stupid in the first place, and more than likely if he asked his brother or father to buy him the item they would have... but he stole it any way.

No, he is blameless because his kid is in college and is so fucking stupid. He's in China and stealing from a high end shop. Shoplifting is stupid in the first place, and more than likely if he asked his brother or father to buy him the item they would have... but he stole it any way.
I knew the difference between right and wrong when my diapers came off. My mom made sure of it.
This kid is old enough to know better.

I knew the difference between right and wrong when my diapers came off. My mom made sure of it.
This kid is old enough to know better.

That's the point! So how is his father to blame?

The ugly American .....this look the other way and special treatment will only encourage him......

Negroid brains are completely incapable of gratitude, they're simply too primitive and their massive chip on shoulder entitlement would preclude it even if their rudimentary brains could neurologically conceive of it. Look at the trend of millionaire black celebrities (Oprah, Michelle Obama, etc.) who snivel how oppressed they are and spew their hate at the very whites who made them wealthy. If liberals had a trace of morality, they would know that it called being a backstabbing, ingrate whore.
I don't agree.....however I think Daddy Ball is why you might think that way.

And yet, if his son was still squatting in a Chinese prison cell, you can be sure Daddy would be bawling that "Trump hasn't done anything" to get his criminal son released.

Guaranteed.

And the vile media would be blaring presenting it as "proof" of racism.

But, interestingly enough, the reverse never occurs to them.

Brain dead moron assholes.

Forum List

Back