If you were to own just one revolver, what would it be?

70240.jpg
This is what I have now. I like it.
I've got the hammerless version with different grips. Imo the Ruger grips suck.

My 6 shot Smith & Wesson .38 Special with a 2" barrel loaded with hollow points to avoid overpenetration.

It's within an arms length away right now.

It depends on the situation. Does this include a shit hits the fan scenario?
If had to have only one I would want a 6 inch barrel. Way more versatile.
While I'd like to say I'd want me S&W 610-3 10mm Mag it wouldnt be great in a SHTF due to ammo. But then the .357 is still damn near impossible to find ammo these days.
My S&W will shoot the .40 caliber round but it's not exactly a heavy hitting round but at least you can find em.

73EEC307-CB5D-4CFE-8E9B-AEE2BE861A33.jpeg

49E54582-54BA-4BAB-B068-96BA2BDDB867.jpeg

Only two I've ever owned are a ,38 Colt Police Special/w 5" brl that I've gotten very good with over the years, and a now worn out .22 Ruger target pistol/w5" bull brl. Don't see a need to add to my expensive paperweight collection just yet. Don't like auto's, the grips all suck and cock off to the left slightly; the revolvers are a much more natural grip I don't have to compensate for with a slight hesitation that's annoying. They follow my finger automatically, so if I ever get a new pistol it will be a revolver. My home defense weapon is a cut down 12 g.

Last edited:
I have over 50 firearms including a dozen pistols but never owned a revolver of any kind.

I have nothing against them but never came across one that I really wanted to buy or own.

Forum List

Back