If You Doctor Gave You The Option To Log On To Their Website To Check

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
your test results? Would you do it?

I rather the doctor just call me if something comes back wrong. Who the hell is eager to log on to their family doctor website to see some test results? I was set up last week so I could go online to fill prescriptions and check test results.

NO THANKS lol Anyone else feel the same?

I rather the doctor just call me if something comes back wrong. Who the hell is eager to log on to their family doctor website to see some test results? I was set up last week so I could go online to fill prescriptions and check test results.

Would the hypothetical test results be on some website regardless of my participation, or only if I opted for that system? If they're online regardless sure, if my participation is required then no.

Would the hypothetical test results be on some website regardless of my participation, or only if I opted for that system? If they're online regardless sure, if my participation is required then no.

It would require you to create a username and password so you can check test results and order new presecriptions

Why not? Presumably you'd get an ID number that doesn't identify you to the world, right?
Seems like it would save time and trouble.

It would require you to create a username and password so you can check test results and order new presecriptions

Internet communications aren't secure (how many pirvate businesses' credit card info being hacked has to happen before everyone udnerstands this?) Though I don't have any need for medical privacy today, hopefully I'll live long enough that eventually it might be something I come to desire. Would just as soon my medical info be anywhere online. And I'd assist in the lawsuits that prevent such a thing.

I've asked my Doc to e-mail me my blood test results every year for the past 4 years and it was only done once, so yeah, I'd like to be able to log on to get that.

Why not? Presumably you'd get an ID number that doesn't identify you to the world, right?

If something comes back wrong, they can call me

In a perfect world sure, but this is not that world as evidenced everytime we hear about the tens of millions of credit cards that were compromised with the latest hacking incident. Really wanna trust your medical privacy information online if even credit cards aren't safe?

Hmmm...the doc would have to give me pretty personalized instructions for what to do on line. In person rather sucks because they are in such a hurry. Sometimes I need things explained to me.

For example, consider a test shows your car's charging system isn't working so you go buy a new alternator when a mechanic would have noticed your engine ground strap is broken and tested to see if that was the problem first.

Forum List

Back