If you could have only 5 guns...

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
This started as an internet discussion on another site. But I thought I'd bring it here.

My choices?

1) Springfield M1911
2) Ruger 10/22
3) Remington 870
4) Springfield Scout Squad
5) Ruger Single Six

It's important because I love each and every one for a reason. Not five only a couple.

My Hawken. Means everything to me. From the way she pushes on my shoulder. From the way she reminds me these are the early days. From the smell. From making me feel like I count. She's something to me.

Boy this is hard because I've loved a lot of guns in my time. But hey. I'm a Boone. My family would kill me if I didn't put up the one. I would be toast.

Two M-60's with ten extra barrels and 10,000 rounds
A late issue M-16 (with functioning automatic mode) and 5000 rounds
A thumper with 400 rounds
An XM-14 with Zeiss scope and 400 rounds of match ammo

Of course that's just for my home bunker. If we're moving around the landscape, I'd whittle it down to the M-16 and 300 rounds plus the thumper and 20 rounds.

One of my favorite places on earth guys is in Tennessee. Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Any of you guys been there? It is to die for.

Two M-60's with ten extra barrels and 10,000 rounds
A late issue M-16 (with functioning automatic mode) and 5000 rounds
A thumper with 400 rounds
An XM-14 with Zeiss scope and 400 rounds of match ammo

Of course that's just for my home bunker. If we're moving around the landscape, I'd whittle it down to the M-16 and 300 rounds plus the thumper and 20 rounds.

Sweet lord almighty you now resemble Burt in Tremors you old bastard! Hey I want you on my Neighborhood Watch program.

Remington 335 double barrel shotgun
S&W 357 magnum stainless
Winchester model 94 30/30
AS 50 sniper rifle
Uzi 9 mm

Questions like these are usually asked on survival forums where everyone thinks they will be humping it with 10 guns and thousands of rounds of ammo. You could not carry five weapons plus ammo for any considerable distance. My selection would be at most three. A pistol and ether a rifle with a .22 conversion or a breakdown scout.

It's important because I love each and every one for a reason. Not five only a couple.

My Hawken. Means everything to me. From the way she pushes on my shoulder. From the way she reminds me these are the early days. From the smell. From making me feel like I count. She's something to me.

Yeah, I am not ashamed to say I would shed a tear for a few of my other guns. You get attached. lol

i will always go with a sawed off and a .22 rifle....the other 3 would just be extra weight
He didn't say anything about carrying 5 weapons, he said "have" 5 weapons.

Right. This is not necessarily what I would carry, but what I would have.

And there is no mention of accessories. I have a Remington 870 on my list. I happen to own 2 barrels for an 870. I am assuming I have both barrels and accessories. So it covers hunting and I still have my defensive shotgun.

Five 6mmBR with five difference barrel length & Twist built on a trued Rem.700....

Five 6mmBR with five difference barrel length & Twist built on a trued Rem.700....

Wouldn't a gun with an interchangeable barrel system be more efficient? Like the T/C Encore? Sure, it might be a bit slower, but the Remington 700 isn't exactly a speed demon.

I am not arguing your choice. Just discussing options.

Forum List

Back