If we're drinking to tonight's speech.

Can anyone provide a summary of what he said for those of us who had other things to do this evening?

I understand he is going to start troop withdrawal from Afghanistan. Personally, I can accept this, but considering we are in negotiations with the Taliban, isn't it a bit unwise to announce a troop withdrawal in the middle of negotiations and thereby give up one of our biggest pieces of leverage in those negotiations?

Can anyone provide a summary of what he said for those of us who had other things to do this evening?

I understand he is going to start troop withdrawal from Afghanistan. Personally, I can accept this, but considering we are in negotiations with the Taliban, isn't it a bit unwise to announce a troop withdrawal in the middle of negotiations and thereby give up one of our biggest pieces of leverage in those negotiations?

It's the rules of leftist campaigning. Tell everyone what they want to hear and don't worry if you tell the enemy when they can declare victory.

Yeah... I guess the same could be said about Nixon... right? Except... the Vietnam War NEVER had the resources and strategy to win it. Afghanistan did... but Bush choose to double down on Iraq and fucked it all up....

I know.. Bush isn't in office... his policies never happened.

If you think Obama is a dumb ass now as President what until he's a dumb ass ex-President. He and Carter can remake the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Yeah... I guess the same could be said about Nixon... right? Except... the Vietnam War NEVER had the resources and strategy to win it. Afghanistan did... but Bush choose to double down on Iraq and fucked it all up....

I know.. Bush isn't in office... his policies never happened.

We could have won Vietnam.

Bush did screw up in Iraq, not the war but the peace.

I'm afraid Afghanistan is and always has been unwinable, We should have gone in and got out. Still no reason to tell the enemy when they will win........

look, we should go, all of us, he took the path any old vanilla middle manger would take, the halfway measure.

I always thought ( and said) he should have told them no and not sent anymore troops at all ( and I also said I would applaud that very politically brave action) .He took the middle path there to and never gave the war his full ooomph that can only come from the C in C...........

Has it occurred to anyone that we have only had that whole 30k in place for 6 months? thats how long it takes to move men, equipment, crank up the the logical chain and supply tail etc etc ...

I remember hearing that no one wanted to be the last man killed in Vietnam....well?

Once as farce twice as tragedy.......

Ok my friends. Here is the madman Obama's speech, dissected with nothing but love for you all, by BH Productions:

"I, transparency, Global response, there will be those who will say, Make no mistake about it, freedom of the Libyan people, economic stability, unparalleled courage, Forming their own conclusions, Quality affordable medical insurance, Others said I was arrogant, Allied efforts, my, shovel ready programs, bypartisan bickering, me, Correspondent speeches, unilateral cooperation, foreign investment, right-wing rhetoric, undocumented workers, shielded growth, targeted operation, Yes we can, Universal health care, mahalo, I told you so, strategic positioning, North American Free Trade Agreement, Finger pointing, Politics as usual, deficit reduction, green energy, The Iran problem, North Korean regime, Yemen uprising, They are not laughing now are they, Sponsor of Terrorism, when nearly 3000 citizens perished, less fortunate, culture of open arms, Compound deep in Pakistan, civillian casualties, mine, vigilence abroad, March madness excitement!".

You like fortune cookie? Just for you my FLiend! eNJOY!!! ' )-' /`(- /~*.\'- ;_/ \

smiley_samurai.gif
~BH

Forum List

Back