If we rule out life elsewhere in our Solar System, why not seed it ourselves?

I realize you’re serious, but I wonder about possible negative consequences, like the seeded life evolving into “enemies” of our far future generations.
Maybe I’m a fan of science fiction :)
The Artificial Intelligence advances combined with robotic technology breakthroughs will get us long before that happens.

I realize you’re serious, but I wonder about possible negative consequences, like the seeded life evolving into “enemies” of our far future generations.
Maybe I’m a fan of science fiction :)
The Artificial Intelligence advances combined with robotic technology breakthroughs will get us long before that happens.
Given the imbecilic nations with nukes...that would be my guess for end of civilization as we know it.

You know this how?
It's assumed. Totally safe assumption. If I am wrong, oh well. Just as I might be wrong that I will fall downward, when I jump off of my roof. Maybe I will fall up. I am not going to prepare for that, though.
Then it's still like I said... it's not easy playing God.
No, it makes what you said a cute euphemism.
I don't see how.
I know.

Why not seed Europa's oceans with micro-organisms? Why not seed the ice caps of Mars with life? Why not seed the methane oceans of Titan with life?

What is the worst that could happen? Maybe we can even engineer the life we seed on each body in order to benefit ourselves. For example, we genetically engineer bacteria for Mars seeding that converts carbon dioxide to oxygen, leaving hydrocarbon waste for us to use to make energy.

It won't work as the organisms will die due to fine tuning. Regardless, we don't want your seed :p.

It won't work as the organisms will die due to fine tuning.
You could not possibly know if such a thing is true. If I wanted to hear cackling goobers make up silly myths, I would be in the religion section.

I know because it was discovered by the atheist scientists. Creation scientists didn't have the money to be exploring how the big bang happened. Also, there would be no reason to, i.e. waste of money.

I know because of these fine tuning parameters and that the Earth is special because of it's place in our solar system per what God said.

You know this how?
It's assumed. Totally safe assumption. If I am wrong, oh well. Just as I might be wrong that I will fall downward, when I jump off of my roof. Maybe I will fall up. I am not going to prepare for that, though.
Then it's still like I said... it's not easy playing God.
No, it makes what you said a cute euphemism.
I don't see how.
I know.
I have no doubt that you believe you do.

You could not possibly know if such a thing is true. If I wanted to hear cackling goobers make up silly myths, I would be in the religion section.
You seem to relish the opportunities.

If that were true, i would have little time for anything else. You nutters are EVERYWHERE.
It's true.

If that were true, i would have little time for anything else. You nutters are EVERYWHERE.
It's true.
Stop spamming the thread, ding.

Just take it to middle space above our atmosphere where Satan and his demons live. They'll die.

It's true.
The truth usually hurts before it helps.

We're NOT the nutters. Just look in the mirror. Next, read it and weep. You were wrong again.

"China announced earlier this week that a cotton seed on board Chang’e 4 had sprouted, marking the first time that biological matter had been grown on the moon (albeit inside a specialized container). But alas, just 24 hours later, officials at Chongqing University pronounced the cotton plant dead, reports The Independent’s Harry Cockburn.

The cotton had been placed in a canister that also contained potato seeds, arabidopsis (or rockcress) seeds, yeast and fruit fly eggs. The container was filled with soil, water and air, creating a “mini lunar biosphere,” as described by Chongqing University, which designed the experiment. Researchers’ ultimate goal was to gain insight into how future colonists of the moon might grow food there, according to Quartz’s Echo Huang.

Seedlings in space! First-ever cotton plant on the Moon growing in #ChangE4 mini biosphere Moon sees first cotton-seed sprout - Xinhua | English.news.cn pic.twitter.com/3NVoCBUn5M
— China Xinhua News (@XHNews) January 15, 2019

Soon after Chang’e 4 landed, scientists remotely instructed the canister to start regulating its temperature, water and light levels. Everything was going well at first, but then temperatures inside the biosphere started to fluctuate dramatically, making it impossible to sustain any life. Xie Gengxin of Chongqing University tells CNN’s Yong Xiong and Ben Westcott that the control team shut the experiment down after nine days.

“Though we have two temperature controlling plates, the temperature was still above 30 degrees Celsius [86 degrees Fahrenheit] around 10.30 a.m. on the moon. As everybody knows, many plants can't sprout with [that] temperature,” Xie says."

The Cotton Plant That Sprouted on the Far Side of the Moon Has Died

It's true.
The truth usually hurts before it helps.
Neato! Lets hope this concludes Episode 4,281 of ding publicly masturbating in a thread.

So, back to seeding life: it would be interesting to somehow use engineered bacteria to conduct experiments on Titan to see if amino acids and even proteins can be formed under those conditions from the methane and ethane present.

Just take it to middle space above our atmosphere where Satan and his demons live. They'll die.
Is that the Magic Place™️, where dreams come true?

Forum List

Back