If Trump builds the wall and effectively stops illegal crossings for the most part.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I'm fine with a pathway to citizenship for most who've committed no crimes other than crossing. Having said that I would not approve of any welfare or voting rights for them. Just like I forfeit certain rights of mine through my illegal activities of my youth they've forfeit theirs.

Deporting tens of millions is not feasibly possible and an alternate solution must be attained. But the wall comes first. Period.

If they ACTUALLY wanted to fix immigration, a wall would be redundant. They would leave on their own.
Enforce the laws, punish employers harshly and take away all their entitlements.
BOOM
They wont stay if they are starving, dumb and sleeping in the streets.

I'm fine with a pathway to citizenship for most who've committed no crimes other than crossing. Having said that I would not approve of any welfare or voting rights for them. Just like I forfeit certain rights of mine through my illegal activities of my youth they've forfeit theirs.

Deporting tens of millions is not feasibly possible and an alternate solution must be attained. But the wall comes first. Period.

They can become full citizens, if they spend 4 years either in the armed forces or peace corps, or 6 years in some other volunteer program to pay their debts.

If they ACTUALLY wanted to fix immigration, a wall would be redundant. They would leave on their own.
Enforce the laws, punish employers harshly and take away all their entitlements.
BOOM

"Enforce the laws, punish employers harshly and take away all their entitlements."

Never gonna happen, who do you think this has always been championed by and lobbied for.

Almost half of illegals come in via routes that the wall won't affect.

Plus the wall will take 20 years to build if ever.

BOOM

"Enforce the laws, punish employers harshly and take away all their entitlements."

Never gonna happen, who do you think this has always been championed by and lobbied for.
Oh, I COMPLETELY agree.
Neither side wants it fixed. Hell, look at the right. They say they are for fixing the shit and then look at our history of amnesty. Who did it the most? Chamber of commerce is a good donor..

In the minds of the left, illegal immigrants have have the same constitutional rights as American citizens. maybe this is why some people think liberalism is a mental disease!

They can become full citizens, if they spend 4 years either in the armed forces or peace corps, or 6 years in some other volunteer program to pay their debts.

Pffffffffffffffft, yeah, make them go into endless wars of US corporate economic colonialism. I mean hell, only ~1% of americans are going to.

BOOM

Oh, I COMPLETELY agree.
Neither side wants it fixed. Hell, look at the right. They say they are for fixing the shit and then look at our history of amnesty. Who did it the most? Chamber of commerce is a good donor..
Yup, utterly bipartisan mess as per usual.

In the minds of the left, illegal immigrants have have the same constitutional rights as American citizens. maybe this is why some people think liberalism is a mental disease!
While the Republicans in Washington want to make them all citizens..

BOOM
Well I'll be damned. You hit the nail on the head there. And, while I have a lot of empathy for guys like Ray who rent apartments, we could require renters present a current visa, green card or passport/proof of citizenship when singing a lease.

Pffffffffffffffft, yeah, make them go into endless wars of US corporate economic colonialism. I mean hell, only ~1% of americans are going to.

I listed other options.

I'm not entirely sure I want non-americans who are only there to get citizenship, given weapons, and put into military units. Maybe we need a foreign legion of sorts?

There are more illegals leaving this country than coming across the border.
A stupid wall is not only unnecessary it could hinder them leaving.
Everyone of Trump's ideas lack common sense.
Like his Muslim ban which will just spike ISIS recruitment.

The wall will not take 20 yrs to build. Plus, even if your "almost half" figure is correct (knowing you, it is not), then we would still be keeping out over half of the illegals currently invading our nation. That sounds like a good thing to me.

I listed other options.

No one owes you anything, no one is indebted to you or any other human being.

The wall will not take 20 yrs to build. Plus, even if your "almost half" figure is correct (knowing you, it is not), then we would still be keeping out over half of the illegals currently invading our nation. That sounds like a good thing to me.

Nieto's check show up yet?

I'm not entirely sure I want non-americans who are only there to get citizenship, given weapons, and put into military units. Maybe we need a foreign legion of sorts?

Not for the new ones that come in illegally, those get the insta-deport. I'm talking about the ones already here, of the right age range, and willing to meet all the requirements.

The ones that don't meet the requirements can clean roads and dig ditches for 6 years, the older ones can manage the ones digging the ditches or cook for them.

Forum List

Back