If This Were A Republican Administration...

I put a link to Sarah Palin's proclamation making April 16th living will day in Alaska and got banned)
Is that true?
Is it also true that Texas is requiring schools to offer classes on the Bible?

There HAS to be more there I am not aware of. This is absurd.

[SIZE=+1]Texas's mandatory Bible Class[/SIZE]

Link
Excerpt:
As of this school year, all Texas public schools will be required to offer a course on the Bible. “Apparently, there are quite a few politicians and school board members in Texas who are either
1) unaware of the existence of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or 2) actively trying to subvert it.” Nonsense, said William Mattox Jr.(R-Handjob). “You can’t effectively explore American history, or even pop culture, without knowing the stories, themes, and words of the Bible. Kudos to the Texas Board of Education for not skirting this “contentious fight.” As long as the teachers avoid “engaging in religious indoctrination,” these classes should benefit everyone. That’s one of the problems with the law, said Jeremy Burchard in The UT Daily Texan. Teachers haven’t been trained to teach“such an explosive topic,” and Texas didn’t provide funding to instruct them. That means biblical literacy classes will “devolve” into legally questionable, polarizing free-for-alls—and “dozens of inevitable lawsuits” will follow.

Why does Texas wage a constant war on science, logic and common sense?

Last edited:
[SIZE=+1]Texas's mandatory Bible Class[/SIZE]

Link
Excerpt:
As of this school year, all Texas public schools will be required to offer a course on the Bible. “Apparently, there are quite a few politicians and school board members in Texas who are either
1) unaware of the existence of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, or 2) actively trying to subvert it.” Nonsense, said William Mattox Jr.(R-Handjob). “You can’t effectively explore American history, or even pop culture, without knowing the stories, themes, and words of the Bible. Kudos to the Texas Board of Education for not skirting this “contentious fight.” As long as the teachers avoid “engaging in religious indoctrination,” these classes should benefit everyone. That’s one of the problems with the law, said Jeremy Burchard in The UT Daily Texan. Teachers haven’t been trained to teach“such an explosive topic,” and Texas didn’t provide funding to instruct them. That means biblical literacy classes will “devolve” into legally questionable, polarizing free-for-alls—and “dozens of inevitable lawsuits” will follow.

Why does Texas wage a constant war on science, logic and common sense?

I will fight any ID in science and yes, TX tends that way. On that we agree. On the other hand, what this bill does is mandate that high schools offer, not require a bible as literature course.

Personally I'd more favor a comparative religion course, but that's me. Again, should not be a requirement, but an elective, as this is.

Forum List

Back