If The GOP Loses...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Might not be all bad:

http://author.nationalreview.com/latest/?q=MjE5NQ==

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    That last sentence about sums it up for me. My GOP congressman is just now starting to vote conservatively so that his track record doesn't look so bad. But there's no way I'm voting for Mike "Senate-Amnesty" McGavik.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,141
    The GOP will retain control of the House and I think we will gain seats. Unfortunately that doesnt ensure that conservativism will be advanced.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    The only way to ensure the advance of conservatism is to financially support conservative PACs. I support the Club for Growth, which has done pretty well this year knocking off moderate/big spending Republicans and replacing them with fiscally conservative Republicans (and one fiscally conservative Democrat!).

I have quit giving money to the RNC, NRCC, and NRSC. Those dollars only go to support the party elite, not the grassroots conservatism that so many Republicans long for.

5. Kagom

Kagom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I hope not. But then again, we'll never see a third party controlled house.

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    The GOP could save itself and then some by hitting the immigration issue.

But they won't, except in rare quarters.

So eff 'em. They SHOULD lose.

How much worse could Democrats make it? I was going to ask the 30 illegal Mexicans swarming in the parking of the 7-11 in Annandale last night, but you know what? None of those prehistoric pieces of crap spoke English! Now, that's what our nation has become today. Democrap, Republicrap, whatever. The USA is run by Jews, and it shows. Jonah Goldberg is a ****, people. He HATES America. He HATES conservatives. But there's a little cash in it for fatboy, and he gets war on Arabs as part of the deal. So he comes out a winner. And you, white conservative, are a big, dumb loser. How's that feel? Tell Uncle William about it.

7. CharlestonChad

CharlestonChad Baller Deluxe

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +128

Not only are you an idiot, but also a bigot (unless you're jewish, **** is not okay to say).

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,141
    He doesnt see anything wrong with being a bigot. In fact, he is quite proud of it. So calling him one really wont do much. its a badge of pride for him.

9. Kagom

Kagom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    You sir, are a bane to society and no one values you or your ultimately biased and bullshitted belifs.

10. roadhouse158

roadhouse158 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Ok..Here's my take. I am an AMERICAN...BUT---are you Republican or Democrat? That's all that seems to matter today. I'll stick with the first one. American. I hope that the Democrats do take over congress...Not so they can show they will or won't do any better. I am so fed up with the Red-VS-Blue. The reason I hope they win...Cause their is a Republican president. I like it when Congress and the President are two different parties. I think more get's done due to compromize. If one party holds control of everything you get what we have now. A pissing contest. Nothing really gets done. The majority of the controlling party will vote to pass, and the minority party, out of spite will vote against it. Then you have the few in the majority that sometimes vote for or against that determines the outcome...Unless you have a filabust...It's like Pre-School. I am a Republican. I'll spill that much. I believe Bush truly had intentions of bipartisan support. In Texas it worked, but now he's in the big leauges. They are way more immature at the Federal level than at the State level. Same goes for Clinton. The years he acclompished the most is when the Republicans took control of Congress. We are all Americans, and Politics are our national past time now. It's a joke. This is what seperation of church and state means...The biggest gap is between Liberals and Conservative. The not so religous - vs - the religous. It wasn't supposed to mean separation of church FROM state. Neither party is 100% right. If you think they are then you haven't studied them enough. Meet in the middle....That starts with us first. We do vote certain people in just because of their party. At least for Congress we do. When it comes to the President, I think we vote more for the person. We need to take more time with the other elected officials like we do the President. Maybe it's all do to laziness on our parts..I don't know.