If taxes go up, job creation goes down: IS DEAD WRONG

Maybe this will help a little-
The Laffer Curve Shows that Tax Increases Are a Very Bad Idea -- even if They Generate More Tax Revenue
Ignorance Abounds About Supply-Side Economics

Don't forget product development.

Remember, the basis of supply side economics is that supply creates demand.
No, that is not the basis of supply side economics. You clearly dont know what supply side economics is about. Hell, you dont know wht economics is about.

Then explain it to us.
You wouldnt believe me. Go find out for yourself and save the rest of us the trouble.

Ah, another 'secret argument'. Where you could totally disprove my claims and prove yourself right. But you can't. Because you have to keep your argument secret.

Its where your arguments always end up, Rabbi. Its your tell.

Maybe this will help a little-
Ignorance Abounds About Supply-Side Economics

No, that is not the basis of supply side economics. You clearly dont know what supply side economics is about. Hell, you dont know wht economics is about.

Then explain it to us.
You wouldnt believe me. Go find out for yourself and save the rest of us the trouble.

Ah, another 'secret argument'. Where you could totally disprove my claims and prove yourself right. But you can't. Because you have to keep your argument secret.

Its where your arguments always end up, Rabbi. Its your tell.

And what in the article specifically refutes anything I've said?

its not an argument, dumbshit. It is simply fact about what "supply side economics" means.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to demonstrate. Yet, exactly as predicted, you give me excuses why you can't.

Its the same 'secret argument' schtick that you always do, Rabbi. Where you insinuate an argument you can't actually make. Allude to evidence you don't actually have.

You clearly do not understand it. There is this neat site called "Google" and if you type in what you want to look for it will bring back articles and stuff about it. Just make sure you find an honest account of it and not something from HuffPoo or Mother Jones. Report back when you do and cite your sources.

Laughing....so its my responsibility to do the research you have never have. And to prove that you're right?

Um, no. Show me that I'm wrong. Demonstrate it.
Im not here to do your work for you, asshole. Go Google the topic and get back to me. I tmight take you 20 seconds to find a suitable source. Of course it will take you days to figure out what it says.

You're going to give me excuses why you can't back up your own claim. As you always do. Its your schtick, Rabbi. Your tell. Your white flag.

You start alluding to evidence that you don't have. Arguments you can't make.

Show me. Don't tell me.
In the time youve spent posting here you could have looked up an article and gotten yourself up to speed. Instead you play stupid games.
You do not care what supply side economics is You dont give a shit. You are only interested in bad mouthing conservatives. Or Republicans. Or something.
This is why you are on Iggy. I'd encourage others from this thread to do the same.

Because I simply demand you present the argument you're insinuating? That you show us the evidence you're alluding to?

Your arguments and evidence are always rock solid and indisputable....until I ask to see them. Then they're like a fart in the wind. You lost the moment you gave us another of your 'secret evidence' arguments.
Im not presenting an argument, moron. You dont get it. This is simply a matter of fact. Go check it out yourself. Because if I post a link you'll just complain it's biased or whatever.

Then it will be remarkably easy for you to demonstrate. Yet, exactly as predicted, you give me excuses why you can't.

Its the same 'secret argument' schtick that you always do, Rabbi. Where you insinuate an argument you can't actually make. Allude to evidence you don't actually have.

Laughing....so its my responsibility to do the research you have never have. And to prove that you're right?

Um, no. Show me that I'm wrong. Demonstrate it.
Im not here to do your work for you, asshole. Go Google the topic and get back to me. I tmight take you 20 seconds to find a suitable source. Of course it will take you days to figure out what it says.

You're going to give me excuses why you can't back up your own claim. As you always do. Its your schtick, Rabbi. Your tell. Your white flag.

Show me. Don't tell me.
In the time youve spent posting here you could have looked up an article and gotten yourself up to speed. Instead you play stupid games.
You do not care what supply side economics is You dont give a shit. You are only interested in bad mouthing conservatives. Or Republicans. Or something.
This is why you are on Iggy. I'd encourage others from this thread to do the same.

Because I simply demand you present the argument you're insinuating? That you show us the evidence you're alluding to?

Your arguments and evidence are always rock solid and indisputable....until I ask to see them. Then they're like a fart in the wind. You lost the moment you gave us another of your 'secret evidence' arguments.
Im not presenting an argument, moron. You dont get it. This is simply a matter of fact. Go check it out yourself. Because if I post a link you'll just complain it's biased or whatever.

So I'm wrong about Supply Side Economics....until I ask you to show me *how* I'm wrong. Specifically. With evidence. Then your claims are are like a fart in the wind.

Show me that I'm wrong. Don't tell me. Present your evidence.

But you have no evidence. You have no argument. You only have excuses for why you can't back your claims. Alluding to secret 'evidence' that I have to find for you. Because you can't.

And that's your tell, Rabbi. Its what your arguments invariably devolve into. That's why you're a punchline.

Show me. Don't tell me.

So I'm wrong about Supply Side Economics....until I ask you to show me *how* I'm wrong. Specifically. With evidence. Then your claims are are like a fart in the wind.

But you have no evidence. You have no argument. You only have excuses for why you can't back your claims. Alluding to secret 'evidence' that I have to find for you. Because you can't.

And that's your tell, Rabbi. Its what your arguments invariably devolve into. That's why you're a punchline.
No you need to research the topic and then come back and tell us about it. Here's a start. go ahead and misread it and report back.
Supply-Side Economics

Show me. Don't tell me.

No you need to research the topic and then come back and tell us about it. Here's a start. go ahead and misread it and report back.
Supply-Side Economics

And what in your link contradicts my claims? Specifically.

Just quote what refutes my claims.

Laughing....you've never read it, have you?

Supply-Side Economics

Your claim is:

Here is the opening sentence from the article:
Supply-side economics emphasizes economic growth achieved by tax and fiscal policy that creates incentives to produce goods and services.

Note that the two statements are not compatible.
QED.
Now go kill yourself. Seriously.

Your claim is:

Supply-side economics emphasizes economic growth achieved by tax and fiscal policy that creates incentives to produce goods and services.

QED.

And the very next sentence after the one you quoted ...is this:

In particular, supply-side economics has focused primarily on lowering marginal tax rates with the purpose of increasing the after-tax rate of return from work and investment, which result in increases in supply.

Supply-Side Economics

And how, pray tell, does increases in supply make the economy grow? And remember, you can't claim that increase supply results in increased demand.

So you'll have to explain how the economy grows due to increased supply without causation in terms of demand. As you've insisted that supply side economics doesn't make this argument.

Good luck.

Look at apple. They work through consumer demand, rather than the supply side. What that causes is higher pricing through demand. If they increased supply, pricing could fall through greater efficiency. And demand would become even greater, as it would be more affordable to a larger class. But it is increased supply that dictates the even greater demand. It would then create more tax revenue through even higher sales numbers, and employment to increase the supply, as well, etc, etc, etc.

Supply-Side Economics

Your claim is:

QED.

Last edited:
Your claim is:

QED.

In particular, supply-side economics has focused primarily on lowering marginal tax rates with the purpose of increasing the after-tax rate of return from work and investment, which result in increases in supply.

Supply-Side Economics

And how, pray tell, does increases in supply make the economy grow? And remember, you can't claim that increase supply results in increased demand.

So you'll have to explain how the economy grows due to increased supply without causation in terms of demand. As you've insisted that supply side economics doesn't make this argument.

Good luck.
Just as I predicted. You cannot read the article and understand it. Therefore you cannot see why you are wrong.
This is why you never finished college.

Your claim is:

QED.

Supply-Side Economics

Good luck.
Just as I predicted. You cannot read the article and understand it. Therefore you cannot see why you are wrong.

You're insisting that Supplyside economics doesn't argue that increasing supply stimulates demand.

Show us how increasing supply increase the economy *without* increased demand. Either Supply Side economics has no plausible mechanism for causing economic growth. Or its mode of causation is that increased supply stimulates demand.

Its one or the other. Pick one.

Your claim is:

QED.

Supply-Side Economics

Good luck.

You're insisting that Supplyside economics doesn't argue that increasing supply stimulates demand.

Show us how increasing supply increase the economy *without* increased demand. Either Supply Side economics has no plausible mechanism for causing economic growth. Or its mode of causation is that increased supply stimulates demand.

Like I said, you misunderstand what it is because you are stupid.

Your claim is:

QED.

Supply-Side Economics

Good luck.

You've painted yourself into a corner Rabbi. Either you're arguing that supply side economics has no plausible mechanism for causing economic growth. Or you're arguing that increased supply stimulates demand.

Its one or the other. You're stuck.

Your claim is:

QED.

Supply-Side Economics

Good luck.

You've painted yourself into a corner Rabbi. Either you're arguing that supply side economics has no plausible mechanism for causing economic growth. Or you're arguing that increased supply stimulates demand.

Have you read the book "The age of Over Supply"?

It's quite amazing, and paints a stark future for work.

Where does supply come from? It first has to be designed, created and supplied. Without the creation and production (supply) of an item, nothing else will ever happen. Nothing exists; no jobs created.
Your claim is:

QED.

Supply-Side Economics

Good luck.

Where does supply come from? It first has to be designed, created and supplied. Without the creation and production (supply) of an item, nothing else will ever happen. Nothing exists; no jobs created.

Good luck.

Supply DOESN'T create DEMAND.
DEMAND creates SUPPLY.
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The term “supply-side economics” is used in two different but related ways. Some use the term to refer to the fact that production (supply) underlies consumption and living standards. In the long run, our income levels reflect our ability to produce goods and services that people value. Higher income levels and living standards cannot be achieved without expansion in output. Virtually all economists accept this proposition and therefore are “supply siders.”

“Supply-side economics” is also used to describe how changes in marginal tax rates influence economic activity. Supply-side economists believe that high marginal tax rates strongly discourage income, output, and the efficiency of resource use. In recent years, this latter use of the term has become the more common of the two and is thus the focus of this article.

The marginal tax rate is crucial because it affects the incentive to earn. The marginal tax rate reveals how much of one’sadditional income must be turned over to the tax collector as well as how much is retained by the individual. For example, when the marginal rate is 40 percent, forty of every one hundred dollars of additional earnings must be paid in taxes, and the individual is permitted to keep only sixty dollars of his or her additional income. As marginal tax rates increase, people get to keep less of what they earn.

An increase in marginal tax rates adversely affects the output of an economy in two ways. First, the higher marginal rates reduce the payoff people derive from work and from other taxable productive activities. When people are prohibited from reaping much of what they sow, they will sow more sparingly. Thus, when marginal tax rates rise, some people—those with working spouses, for example—will opt out of the labor force. Others will decide to take more vacation time, retire earlier, or forgo overtime opportunities. Still others will decide to forgo promising but risky business opportunities. In some cases, high tax rates will even drive highly productive citizens to other countries where taxes are lower. These adjustments and others like them will shrink the effective supply of resources, and therefore will shrink output.

much more a t link-
Supply-Side Economics: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

Honey, unless you supply a product FIRST and efficiently, then nothing else ever happens.

DEMAND creates SUPPLY.
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey, unless you supply a product FIRST and efficiently, then nothing else ever happens.

DEMAND creates SUPPLY.
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that why pharmacies carry cheap Chinese junk that hardly anybody buys?
No, DEMAND create SUPPLY.
The ONLY time Supply will create Demand is when there's a new innovation that will cause a cliché of people to buy.
There are still MILLIONS of people using cheap, crappy 5 year old cell phones.

Forum List

Back