If scotland secedes from the UK, should america apologize for not letting the south secede in 1861?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The south has been condemned for 150 years for merely trying to secede from what they felt was an oppressive govt. That's what the original 13 colonies did in 1776 and what scotland is trying to do now.

Why should we apologize to a bunch of traitors? I am not saying the people of the modern South are traitors but their ancestors on the other hand...

• Banned
Why should we apologize to a bunch of traitors? I am not saying the people of the modern South are traitors but their ancestors on the other hand...

How were they traitors.? Was George Washington a traitor when he supported seceding from england? THINK

• Banned
The south has been condemned for 150 years for merely trying to secede from what they felt was an oppressive govt. That's what the original 13 colonies did in 1776 and what scotland is trying to do now.

That's rich, it was the federal government that was oppressive!!! Do you ever THINK before you post?

I have no idea what you are talking about and obviously that makes two of us.

That's rich, it was the federal government that was oppressive!!! Do you ever THINK before you post?

If only the Southern states had Representatives and Senators in Congress to combat such an oppressive federal government. If only...

Their candidate lost the Presidential election so they decided to leave The Union. If anything they owe America an apology for their traitorous and treasonous actions.

I have no idea what you are talking about and obviously that makes two of us.

It's always been quite obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

How were they traitors.? Was George Washington a traitor when he supported seceding from england? THINK

At the time there were many who thought so and they weren't all in England.

Yes he was, and had they lost the war he would have been hung as a traitor.

Yes he was, and had they lost the war he would have been hung as a traitor.

He mighta been hanged but I doubt it would have much impact on his equipment.....

Hanged and Hung - Commonly Confused Words - Glossary of Usage

For centuries, hanged and hung were used interchangeably as the past participle of hang.

"Our evidence shows that hung for hanged is certainly not an error. Educated speakers and writers use it commonly and have for many years"

Forum List

Back