If Picking Ryan assured Obama a Win, where is the Bump in the Polls?

Obama's not supposed to get a bump. If you look at past elections the. challenger always gets a bump after naming his VP choice.

Why? What's going to happen in the next 2 months? Is unemployment going to 6%? Are household incomes going to rise significantly? Are people going to get off welfare and food stamps?
Oh, I know. Obama will abolish Congress and declare himself President for Life.
Because that's the only way that fucking loser is going to stay in office.

Take some deep breaths, you'll be fine.
Translation: Obama is doomed.
Every day Romney looks better and better. Every day Obama looks worse and worse. He is reduced to telling not very believable lies and blaming the GOP for the failure of his own policies, passed by his own party.

Hey Rabid, what the hell are you smoking?:badgrin:

In the time since Romney Picked Ryan, on RCP Obama has gone from plus 4.7 to plus 4.

If we are to Believe Democrats who are telling us they are so Happy Ryan is the Pick, and Romney basically threw the Election by Picking him. Then shouldn't there be a Bump in Obama's Poll numbers and not a .7 point drop?

Given all the hype the republicans have given us around these parts I would think a much bigger loss is in order. Romney got a bigger boost when he finally became the nominee.

Of course, it is pretty much political knowledge and a given that announcing your VP pick will boost you in the polls. Even Sarah got mcCain a boost. You pretty much have to expect it.

Now where will this get Romney in the election that is about 3 months away? We will see after obama puts out all the dirt on him.

As usual, you're talking out of your ass.
GOP 12: Does the Veep pick actually matter?

Every day Romney looks better and better. Every day Obama looks worse and worse. He is reduced to telling not very believable lies and blaming the GOP for the failure of his own policies, passed by his own party.

You are indeed a confident man.

8-24-11:
The Rabbi said:
Perry is garlic for the Democratic vampires. He gains momentum daily. The more people hear him, the more they like him. He does not speak in scripted sound bites, and he has absolutely gets it. He has had 10 years plus in Texas politics, which is not a gentlemen's game. He is also badly underestimated by the Obama camp.
I'd look for a growing surge in momentum as he blows away the other candidates and sharpens his claws on Obama and his disgusting record of failure.

As I said, take a few deep breaths. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
We're going to have to see what Saturday Night Live puts into play in order to make that call.

There hasn't been any polls out (that i'm aware of) since the announcement. I'm sure they will be looking good for Obama when they come out :up:

I would have to say it is pretty normal for a surge over picking a VP. I would have to guess Romney will go up before he goes back down. I am not terribly surprised, nor will i be if Romney does go up for the next week or two. It is what happens when you have daily bullshit polls.

Of course, that being said romney has never been in the lead so far, and a momentary rise in popularity is too be expected with daily polls. For all the supposed greatness of Romney and now Ryan, and how the republicans say everyone hates obama, it would seem that he is certainly holding Romney off in the long haul.

I say let them cheer now. It is about all they will get until november when we see another right wing meltdown. It will make their screams of agony all the more sweet. I may not have agreed with everything obama has done, but I have never been disappointed in the misery and hate he causes in the right.

You are indeed a confident man.

8-24-11:
The Rabbi said:
Perry is garlic for the Democratic vampires. He gains momentum daily. The more people hear him, the more they like him. He does not speak in scripted sound bites, and he has absolutely gets it. He has had 10 years plus in Texas politics, which is not a gentlemen's game. He is also badly underestimated by the Obama camp.
I'd look for a growing surge in momentum as he blows away the other candidates and sharpens his claws on Obama and his disgusting record of failure.

As I said, take a few deep breaths. You'll be fine.

He rooted for Perry? Way to back a fucking winner. Anyway, i predict a shortage of crow on this site come november.

There hasn't been any polls out (that i'm aware of) since the announcement. I'm sure they will be looking good for Obama when they come out :up:

I would have to say it is pretty normal for a surge over picking a VP. I would have to guess Romney will go up before he goes back down. I am not terribly surprised, nor will i be if Romney does go up for the next week or two. It is what happens when you have daily bullshit polls.

Of course, that being said romney has never been in the lead so far, and a momentary rise in popularity is too be expected with daily polls. For all the supposed greatness of Romney and now Ryan, and how the republicans say everyone hates obama, it would seem that he is certainly holding Romney off in the long haul.

I say let them cheer now. It is about all they will get until november when we see another right wing meltdown. It will make their screams of agony all the more sweet. I may not have agreed with everything obama has done, but I have never been disappointed in the misery and hate he causes in the right.

Reminds me of the foaming at the mouth found in rabid Democrats whenever "BushChimpyMcHitler" was mentioned on this board in even a remotely positive light.

Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. Of course its always OK when its the OTHER sides guy you deamonize.

In the time since Romney Picked Ryan, on RCP Obama has gone from plus 4.7 to plus 4.

If we are to Believe Democrats who are telling us they are so Happy Ryan is the Pick, and Romney basically threw the Election by Picking him. Then shouldn't there be a Bump in Obama's Poll numbers and not a .7 point drop?

Given all the hype the republicans have given us around these parts I would think a much bigger loss is in order. Romney got a bigger boost when he finally became the nominee.

Of course, it is pretty much political knowledge and a given that announcing your VP pick will boost you in the polls. Even Sarah got mcCain a boost. You pretty much have to expect it.

Now where will this get Romney in the election that is about 3 months away? We will see after obama puts out all the dirt on him.

As usual, you're talking out of your ass.
GOP 12: Does the Veep pick actually matter?

Don't get mad at me because you back losers. It is not my fault romney cannot pull into the lead. keep telling yourself Romney is winning and maybe someday it will happen.

Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "daily Tracking Polls"

The Day of the Announcement Obama was plus 4.7 on RCP now he is plus 4.0 and you answer is there have been no polls since the announcement? lol

And still nobody has even attempted to answer my question. I know some of the Libs who just responded to this thread, Responded to the Ryan pick as if it was going to seal the deal for Obama.

So once Again I ask those of you who think Picking Ryan was a horrible Idea and would assure Obama an easy win, Why No Bump then? If Ryan was a Terrible pick why instead of gaining Ground did Obama skip a tiny bit in the 2 days since the announcement?

So once Again I ask those of you who think Picking Ryan was a horrible Idea and would assure Obama an easy win, Why No Bump then? If Ryan was a Terrible pick why instead of gaining Ground did Obama skip a tiny bit in the 2 days since the announcement?

Are you trying to convince others or yourself?

Depends on which polls your looking at. People are still checking out Ryan with all the bells and whistles. In about a month is when we will really start to see which way the polls are truly going.

That's why I will only ever post RCP, Because it's an Average of 10 Polls.

Not that said, My question is simple, Could one of you Dems who have been telling us By Picking Ryan Romney Lost the Election Answer it for me. Why has Obama's Lead on RCP shrank by .7 of a point in the time Since the Announcement instead of Growing?

Believe what you want with your Fox news polls.

Looks like they used many Fox news polls and Rasmussen polls are considered biased as well. See link Below CNN and a few others may be ok
I don"t see any MSNBC votes in there, just Fox News

BTW Obama is still kicking Romney's ass in this poll:Obama vs. Romney Electoral Map

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

The Dem's argument is this: Ryan's budget ends Medicare by turning it into a coupon system. The Right needs seniors. Romney cannot win without Florida.

But the Democrats don't get it. Rightwing voters get their information from sources that will obscure this fact.

Are you trying to convince others or yourself?

lol I am not trying to convince anyone of anything man, I am asking a question which nobody seems to want to answer.

You were here when Ryan was announced right, Right away we had posts saying it was over, Obama would win for sure, Because Ryan was a terrible pick. Logic would say if that was true and Ryan was such a terrible pick it would assure Obama wins, You would see an immediate Widening of Obama's Lead not a slight tightening of it.

Personally I still think Obama will win this election, I just want to know how those Reactionaries that were so loudly cheering Ryans pick as the Turning point where Obama won the Election explain it.

Depends on which polls your looking at. People are still checking out Ryan with all the bells and whistles. In about a month is when we will really start to see which way the polls are truly going.

That's why I will only ever post RCP, Because it's an Average of 10 Polls.

Not that said, My question is simple, Could one of you Dems who have been telling us By Picking Ryan Romney Lost the Election Answer it for me. Why has Obama's Lead on RCP shrank by .7 of a point in the time Since the Announcement instead of Growing?

Believe what you want with your Fox news polls.

What the hell are you talking about lol. Now RCP isn't Credible?

to funny.

Fox news actually has Obama way up Fucktard, and Rass is with out a doubt the most accurate Polling Outlet there has been in the last several Election Cycles, Bias or no Bias. When you compare their Polls before the election to the Results they are more accurate than anyone else. Period.

Last edited:

On their heads
:D

Forum List

Back