If Only 144,000 Of The Jews Will Be Saved, Why Do Some Christians Act Like All Jews Are So Special?

Mr. Ofo Oao

Sep 19, 2014
Rev. 7:1-8:

"(1)And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.(2)And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,(3)Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.(4)And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.(5)Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.(6)Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.(7)Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.(8)Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand."

Only 144,000 of them will be saved. They are not all special (Rom. 9:6.)

Its a vision. Its something sybolic obviously. 12 thousand from each tribe. 12 tribes? it means something. maybe you need to read the greek or hebrew translation to understand it better

"(1)And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.(2)And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,(3)Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.(4)And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.(5)Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.(6)Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.(7)Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.(8)Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand."

if your mother was Jewish she would be special to you, wouldnt she?

Oh Goodie. Another Antisemitic Noob we can use for target practice.

Its a vision. Its something sybolic obviously. 12 thousand from each tribe. 12 tribes? it means something. maybe you need to read the greek or hebrew translation to understand it better

So you are saying that God here (Rev. 7) has authored confusion by saying the number is 12,000 from each tribe?

Who said that I am anti-Semetic? I didn't. I do not hate Jews. What I am against is the common Christian idea that all Jews should be blindly supported because they are Jews.

Who said that I am anti-Semetic? I didn't. I do not hate Jews. What I am against is the common Christian idea that all Jews should be blindly supported because they are Jews.

You're just digging yourself into a deeper hole, bub.

Only 144,000 of them will be saved. Theare not all special (Rom. 9:6.)
Because they don't know exactly who the 144000 are.

Still only 144,000 of them will be saved. They are NOT all special.

"...For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Romans 9:6.
You said in your Prostitution thread that you are not a member of any religion so why are you arguing about religion, Mr.Offal?

they are called 144,000 WITNESSES. Many more than that will be saved during the tribulation and many more thousands before Jesus returns at the pretrib rapture, which could happen today!

You have misinterpreted Scripture. The Scripture also declare All Israel shall be saved. Would you care to explain how "All Israel" could be 144,000 people?

It is written:

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness? in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, "THERE SHALL COME OUT OF SI'-ON THE DELIVERER, AND SHALL TURN AWAY UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB:
FOR THIS IS MY COVENANT UNTO THEM, WHEN I SHALL TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS.
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. For as ye in times past have not believe in God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

- Romans 11: 25 - 32

Now let me expound a bit further on this mystery that is revealed in Romans so clearly in that this fulfills the Words of Jesus Christ when He spoke to the woman at the well. What did he say to her? Let us look.

It is written:

Jesus answered and said, unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst again; but the water that I shall give to him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw, Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband. For thou hast had five husbands, and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that thou saidst thou truly.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. Our fathers worshipped in this mountain, and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what; we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Mes-si'-as cometh, which is called Christ, when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jesus saith unto her, I that speaketh unto thee am he.

John 4: 13-26

In these verses you see that Jesus reveals to this woman her life and she does not deny it but rather admits the truth and then says, I perceive you are a prophet. How could Jesus know these things about her she wonders? He must be a prophet.
But by the end of the conversation Jesus reveals himself to her and tells her that He is the Messiah of which she is speaking about. He says to her, I that speaketh unto thee am he.
It is very important to keep in mind that the first church was mainly a Jewish church! There were Jews who did believe on the Jesus Christ, Jewish rulers who believed Jesus Christ was the Messiah but denied him because they feared being thrown out of the synagogues - they loved the praises of men more than the praises of God - the scriptures record - See John 12:42 - still there were Jews who did believe and today there are Jewish believers and it does seem that some people never want to acknowledge this! Why is that? I wonder what the reason is because there are many Gentiles who have not believed on Jesus Christ either so why the emphasis on the Jews? What is the reason for this?

they are called 144,000 WITNESSES. Many more than that will be saved during the tribulation and many more thousands before Jesus returns at the pretrib rapture, which could happen today!

You said in your Prostitution thread that you are not a member of any religion so why are you arguing about religion, Mr.Offal?

Mr. Ofal's interpretation of Scripture is off and reminds me of the Jehovah Witness claim of being the 144,000. As there are far more than 144,000 Jehovah Witnesses on the earth today it would seem they would realize their "prophet" was a false one! I do not know where Mr. Ofal is living but he should have access to the same reports we have, Hossfly. Such as the report on 4/14/1989 by the Jewish Telegraph Agency that stated there were 350,000 Messianic Jews - ( Jews who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Messiah ) now with considering that number and I believe it was approximate and not exact - we should consider that the Gospel has further spread throughout the Jewish communities and that if there were approximately 350,000 born again Jews in 1989 - which was over 20 years ago there must be at least over 1,000,000,000 born again Jews today living upon the earth and we must also keep in mind that this is only in one generation and that the time of the Gentiles has not yet been fulfilled and that God has clearly stated of his covenant - All Israel shall be saved. This is found in Romans which Mr. Ofal used to claim something which is not based on scripture but rather Mr. Ofals faulty interpretation of Scripture, Hossfly. Here then is the link for Mr. Ofals examination and I do not believe he should hang on to the number 144,000 as the number of Jews saved as we can see by this report that we are most likely seeing today at least over 1 million born again Jews making Mr. Ofal's assumption wrong.
The Land Belongs to Israel - MJAA

Messianic Jews are Jews who accept the Messiahip of Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth, and believe in His act of atoning sacrifice for the sins of our Jewish nation and all mankind. The Messianic Jewish Alliance of America (MJAA) represents the interests of approximately 100,000 Messianic Jews in the United States. The MJAA is also affiliated with 15 other national Messianic Alliances through an International Messianic Alliance which represents the interests of up to 350,000 Messianic Jews world-wide (figures as estimated by the Jewish telegraph Agency 4/14/89). All of the organizations whose emblems appear on this page are concerned that Israel is facing a great dilemna due to the Madrid Peace Conference, which has caused mounting pressure from America and other nations upon Israel to yield "land-for-peace".

That's not my name, Sir/Ma'am. If you continue to call me that I will not reply to you.

No, I am NOT a member of any religion but religion does interest me. If Christians do blindly and RACISTLY support the Jews because they are Jews, I will speak against that if I feel like it!

Peace.

False. They are called the 144,000 sealed before the earth is hurt you LIAR!...

You have misinterpreted Scripture. The Scripture also declare All Israel shall be saved. Would you care to explain how "All Israel" could be 144,000 people?...

Sure. Romans 9:6: "...For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:"

Romans says that "all Israel" will be saved, not "all which are of Israel" will be saved.

That's not my name, Sir/Ma'am. If you continue to call me that I will not reply to you.

No, I am NOT a member of any religion but religion does interest me. If Christians do blindly and RACISTLY support the Jews because they are Jews, I will speak against that if I feel like it!

Peace.

I am regularly amused by the things Muslims do because of their insecurity.

LOLOL

Forum List

Back