If Obama gets a laws passed on free community colleges I will called him:

Many high school students already do this. Why is it stupid to encourage our children to continue their education past high school?

Nothing wrong with encouraging higher learning. However, making everything easy and free is crippling our society. The people that do graduate have no backbone. They did not earn their way through life, it was given to them. You want a scholarship? Fight for the grades. You don't have the grades? Work hard save your money and pay your own way through school. You have a plan and want a loan? Get one.

Giving people free shit won't make them good people it will make them spoiled people.

So I take it that you have never been given anything in your life. Ever. Because if you had, you'd be a spoiled person, right?

Look, it's like this. We are falling behind the rest of the industrial world in science and education. And we are the ONLY industrialized nation that doesn't offer free post-secondary education to our people. The only one. So is it any wonder that we can't compete?
We are falling behind wrt public education, because our system focuses on slowing the smart people down to force them to wait for the illegal kids to catch up. As for your "free" bullshit. There is no such thing as FREE and you are confused. Other places don't have junior senior years they have post secondary instead.

FYI most if not all high schools in this country currently provide access to CC classes for their students.

We've been falling behind in literacy, mathematics (which we've been falling behind on since the 1980s), and basic problem solving. This has nothing at all to do with holding people back to let others catch up. The problem is not so much that the United States has gotten worse, but that it stood still on indicators like high school graduation rates while its foreign competitors rushed forward. We've sat on our laurels while the rest of the industrial world (except UK) has surged ahead. Why? Because in those countries, it doesn't cost ten/twenty years-worth of future wages to get an education. They've made it very easy for anyone to get a post-secondary education. That has attracted high wage employers who need a skilled and highly educated work force. As for your last remark, I have no idea what you are babbling about, since I have repeatedly cited the need for post-secondary education.
Nah. You are the one that is babbling. We already PROVIDE POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION AT NEARLY EVERY SINGLE HIGH SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY. How much clearer do I have to make that?

Our averages are low for TWO REASONS.

1) Illegal immigrants and democrat hell holes
2) SMART KIDS ARE HELD BACK BY THIS PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM THAT LEAVES NO CHILD BEHIND. The way they LEAVE NO CHILD BEHIND is they put the BRAKES ON EDUCATION IN THE CLASSROOM TO TEACH TO THE SLOWEST KID. It's been that way since segregation.

In 3rd grade I tested with a 12th grade level. I had to wait nearly a decade for everyone to catch up.
LOL. Given the quality of your posts, I would say that you held yourself back to that third grade level.

And why did you wait? I spent the years where I was ahead of the rest reading science and other books on my own. That is what ambitious people do.

We are taxed far less than any other first world nation. We can afford to pay more, particularly those making unearned incomes.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, and in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be". Thomas Jefferson

[

Nah. You are the one that is babbling. We already PROVIDE POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION AT NEARLY EVERY SINGLE HIGH SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY. How much clearer do I have to make that?

2) SMART KIDS ARE HELD BACK BY THIS PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM THAT LEAVES NO CHILD BEHIND. The way they LEAVE NO CHILD BEHIND is they put the BRAKES ON EDUCATION IN THE CLASSROOM TO TEACH TO THE SLOWEST KID. It's been that way since segregation.

In 3rd grade I tested with a 12th grade level. I had to wait nearly a decade for everyone to catch up.

The best way to screw up education (or anything else) is to allow the Liberals to participate in the process. They screw up everything they touch and education is at the top of that list.

One of the major failures of the US education system is the 600 lb gorilla in the room that is considered taboo to mention; integration.

Before integration we had one bad education system for the Blacks and a good education system for the White.

Thanks to the Liberal zeal to force integration now we have one bad education system for everybody.

There were other ways to have equal education other than forced integration without destroying everything but the Liberals were too stupid to understand it.

Oh ya, cain't have them thar nigras in the same classroom. They might be as ignorant as i am.

You can have them in there but when you force a bunch of ghettos idiots into a good school you get a bad school. That is exactly what has happen all across the US and it has destroyed everything. A public high school diploma nowadays is not worth the paper it is written on.

The way to have done it right was to provide equal funding for all students and to allow any student to attend any school they wanted. No force that way. Over time everything would have balanced out.

However, the stupid Libtards couldn't stand the idea of free choice. That insisted on forcing their stupid agenda and it fvcked up everything.

Like I said, Liberals screwed up everything they touch.

[

The best way to screw up education (or anything else) is to allow the Liberals to participate in the process. They screw up everything they touch and education is at the top of that list.

One of the major failures of the US education system is the 600 lb gorilla in the room that is considered taboo to mention; integration.

Before integration we had one bad education system for the Blacks and a good education system for the White.

Thanks to the Liberal zeal to force integration now we have one bad education system for everybody.

There were other ways to have equal education other than forced integration without destroying everything but the Liberals were too stupid to understand it.

Says flash the bigoted fascist.

Cheers,

[

Says flash the bigoted fascist.

Cheers,

It is not what I said, it is what happen.

The Liberals destroyed public education by forcing integration and we still haven't recovered from it. That resulted in the education system having to devolve to the lowest denominator resulting in everybody getting a substandard education. That is one of the biggest factors in declining American test scores.

Instead of this stupid Libtard idea of forcing ghetto kids into schools they were not ready for or even willing to accept the better idea was to let the free market take care of it. Simply provide equal funding for all students and allow any student to attend any school they wanted. It would have worked out to the benefit of everybody over time getting a better education without destroying the good schools we already had. Freedom usually works out best in the long run. Social experiments usually failed, as we saw.

Libtards destroy everything they touch and their convoluted zeal to force integration simply fvcked everything up for everybody.

It is not true that in America anyone who wants to go to college can. A large part of what restricts one from going to college is the cost. Obama wants to change (at least make a start) that by making community college attendance free. Why is this a bad thing for college students (particularly for those who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to attend)?

because once you take out the cost factor people will decide to do it "just because" and we will have more people with useless degrees wondering why they are doing jobs beneath them.

It would make more sense to make vocational schools free, as those are the skills we are currently lacking in sufficient numbers.
Correction. It would make more sense to allow high school students to elect vocational school as a substitute for their junior and senior years.

As for paying for CC, handing out scholarships to everyone with tax dollars is not free, it's just stupid.

Many high school students already do this. Why is it stupid to encourage our children to continue their education past high school?

Nothing wrong with encouraging higher learning. However, making everything easy and free is crippling our society. The people that do graduate have no backbone. They did not earn their way through life, it was given to them. You want a scholarship? Fight for the grades. You don't have the grades? Work hard save your money and pay your own way through school. You have a plan and want a loan? Get one.

Giving people free shit won't make them good people it will make them spoiled people.

So I take it that you have never been given anything in your life. Ever. Because if you had, you'd be a spoiled person, right?

Look, it's like this. We are falling behind the rest of the industrial world in science and education. And we are the ONLY industrialized nation that doesn't offer free post-secondary education to our people. The only one. So is it any wonder that we can't compete?

Most of those countries also make you PASS a test to get access to that "free" tertiary education (secondary is high school), not just take it and slot in somewhere like the US does.

and again, if we are falling behind on Science, then we should offer it only to those who take and pass those degrees, and only if they agree to some form of service afterwards.

We are falling behind wrt public education, because our system focuses on slowing the smart people down to force them to wait for the illegal kids to catch up. As for your "free" bullshit. There is no such thing as FREE and you are confused. Other places don't have junior senior years they have post secondary instead.

FYI most if not all high schools in this country currently provide access to CC classes for their students.

We've been falling behind in literacy, mathematics (which we've been falling behind on since the 1980s), and basic problem solving. This has nothing at all to do with holding people back to let others catch up. The problem is not so much that the United States has gotten worse, but that it stood still on indicators like high school graduation rates while its foreign competitors rushed forward. We've sat on our laurels while the rest of the industrial world (except UK) has surged ahead. Why? Because in those countries, it doesn't cost ten/twenty years-worth of future wages to get an education. They've made it very easy for anyone to get a post-secondary education. That has attracted high wage employers who need a skilled and highly educated work force. As for your last remark, I have no idea what you are babbling about, since I have repeatedly cited the need for post-secondary education.

LOL. Given the quality of your posts, I would say that you held yourself back to that third grade level.

And why did you wait? I spent the years where I was ahead of the rest reading science and other books on my own. That is what ambitious people do.

We are taxed far less than any other first world nation. We can afford to pay more, particularly those making unearned incomes.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, and in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be". Thomas Jefferson

Typical greedy progressive. you see that as a bug, I see it as a feature.

Go suck government dick on your own dime, not mine.

Are you suggesting that pre-college preparatory classes are superior to actual college courses (which are NOT taught in highschools)? No. You are not listening. HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS ARE TAKING COMMUNITY COLLEGE COURSES FOR COLLEGE CREDIT WHILE THEY ARE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL.

brownstain said:

Evidence - Get it yourself, I don't have a copy of the scores of all illegals and slums on hand, but I've read them at our local school boards. FYI 0+100/2 = 50. When kids from mexico get zeros they lower the average.

brownshirt said:

I went to a desegregated school, and no one held me back. Next. Just because you benefited does not mean your benefit was not at the expense of the smarter kids in your class.

brownsmear said:

Right...

:afro:
True story.
blue

By "wait" I mean the time spent in class was a waste.

Germany requires you to pass an exam for the privilege of attending a university, so their university population is weeded out before people apply.

Lots of luck trying to apply that system in the US.

So do we. It is called the SAT.

The SAT has no "passing" requirement. You get a score, and you get slotted in, but even people who do miserably get into SOME college.

In Germany you have to PASS it. Its called the Abitur.

Abitur - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

From the wiki on the German education system.

In order to enter university, students are, as a rule, required to have passed the Abitur examination; since 2009, however, those with a Meisterbrief (master craftsman's diploma) have also been able to apply.[5][6] Those wishing to attend a "university of applied sciences" must, as a rule, have Abitur, Fachhochschulreife, or a Meisterbrief. Lacking those qualifications, pupils are eligible to enter a university or university of applied sciences if they can present additional proof that they will be able to keep up with their fellow students through a Begabtenprüfung or Hochbegabtenstudium (which is a test confirming excellence and above average intellectual ability).

Would you rather that all colleges exclude those who YOU feel don't pass muster? What would be the purpose of that?

The point is made to compare Germany paying for university for students vs. the US. In the US since anyone can pretty much get into College the cost would be far greater, and the return far smaller.

And considering I don't create or grade the Abitur, the comparison is not valid that you made of ME making the choice.

I think Colleges need to not be considered a mandatory stop for a persons education. We already have too many college graduates doing work below their "skill level" mostly due to the fact that a lot of the degrees being earned have only application in a limited number of academic or research professions.

It is not true that in America anyone who wants to go to college can. A large part of what restricts one from going to college is the cost. Obama wants to change (at least make a start) that by making community college attendance free. Why is this a bad thing for college students (particularly for those who otherwise wouldn't get the opportunity to attend)?

Same with the justice system, which is anything but. If you have money, you can buy justice.

Other countries, with much smaller tax bases, can afford to invest in their own country. Why can't we?

You gotta admire his ability to make up stuff while blaming others for his own failures.
He's a genius but blacks and Hispanics have held him back by taking all those high paying jobs.

Oh wait - that's just one of those RW things.

Last edited:
Ah, those pesky little cartoons that makes a person with a functioning brain think..

o6fm2h.jpg

Ah, those pesky little cartoons that makes a person with a functioning brain think..

o6fm2h.jpg

Everytime I see one of these posts, I know you lost... You given up and press the panic button....

Are you still scared of Ebola

And with every one of your posts, we see you can't debate what is said... But that's to be expected!

o6fm2h.jpg

Everytime I see one of these posts, I know you lost... You given up and press the panic button....

And with every one of your posts, we see you can't debate what is said... But that's to be expected!

Read my posts about education...

Education has generally 9 to 1 return on investment when considering cost of Education against future tax revenue.

You must be a pretty shit business guy... Sorry must be a lack of a proper education...

o6fm2h.jpg

Education has generally 9 to 1 return on investment when considering cost of Education against future tax revenue.

You must be a pretty shit business guy... Sorry must be a lack of a proper education...

Retired and undoubtedly made as much money as you will in your lifetime, But we know now that education has done nothing for our young getting a job! Even YOU should know that, but apparently you didn't get a proper education!

o6fm2h.jpg

Retired and undoubtedly made as much money as you will in your lifetime, But we know now that education has done nothing for our young getting a job! Even YOU should know that, but apparently you didn't get a proper education!

Well as since I am not retired and actually own my own company. I don't hire people who are not educated.

I work with leading companies all over the world and they don't give good jobs to uneducated people.

I have seen how multinationals decide on putting their sites and an educated workforce is vital.

You gotta admire his ability to make up stuff while blaming others for his own failures.
He's a genius but blacks and Hispanics have held him back by taking all those high paying jobs.

Oh wait - that's just one of those RW things.
What a fucking moron you are.

Forum List

Back