If MLK were alive today the rightwingers would call his a race hustler

In this video MLK calls himself militant and talks about riots and his position on the Black Panther Party. This is the MLK that no one has bothered to listen to:

Martin Luther King Jr Interview (Part 3 of 3) - YouTube

Notice how he says black people didn't create slavery and so forth and says people like the Black Panthers and other so called "violent" militants are basically the products of a racist society that has refused to address the race problem. This third part of a 3 part video sums up everything that I have said and a lot of the same things that Malcolm X before he was killed.

He spoke of his commitment to non violence and his militancy was non violent militancy.

Your effort to distort is particularly odd in light of the fact that the tape is right in front of us.

You remain unpersuasive and ignorant, but at least you are a true dope, Basshole.

Did you listen to the part about Carmichael and Brown?

You have no clue, but that's typical of the racist white conservative. Take away "content of character" and you know nothing of MLK's work or speeches.

Last edited:
Anybody who believes MLK was violent misdefines militancy in his case and lumps him with the natural product of a racist society, in this case the BPP. Malcolm X was on the road to the center and away from black nationalism when he was gunned down.

Some strange statements are being made here.

Anybody who believes MLK was violent misdefines militancy in his case and lumps him with the natural product of a racist society, in this case the BPP. Malcolm X was on the road to the center and away from black nationalism when he was gunned down.

Some strange statements are being made here.

Malcolm X remained militant and for black nationalism, but the change with him was that he became more open to solutions other than black nationalism.

Militant can still mean non-violent and given time he would have continued his journey away from black nationalism. In my opinion.

Militant can still mean non-violent and given time he would have continued his journey away from black nationalism. In my opinion.

I disagree, Malcolm didn't become a black nationalist until he left the NOI, the NOI limited him. It depends upon what you mean by black nationalism.

In this video MLK calls himself militant and talks about riots and his position on the Black Panther Party. This is the MLK that no one has bothered to listen to:

Martin Luther King Jr Interview (Part 3 of 3) - YouTube

Notice how he says black people didn't create slavery and so forth and says people like the Black Panthers and other so called "violent" militants are basically the products of a racist society that has refused to address the race problem. This third part of a 3 part video sums up everything that I have said and a lot of the same things that Malcolm X before he was killed.

He spoke of his commitment to non violence and his militancy was non violent militancy.

Your effort to distort is particularly odd in light of the fact that the tape is right in front of us.

You remain unpersuasive and ignorant, but at least you are a true dope, Basshole.

You have no clue, but that's typical of the racist white conservative. Take away "content of character" and you no nothing of MLK's work or speeches.

I heard him speak. I even studied some of his speeches.

And, m,ore importantly for present purposes, I just observed you deliberately distort WHAT he had just said.

Typical of all manner of stupid bigoted scumbag racists like you, you think you can get over on people with your lies and hyperbole.

You can't. You are clearly not up to the task of intelligent debate their shit-for-brains. Salt Peter, you are nothing but a joke. A bad joke. But just a joke all the same.

I see black nationalism as an exclusivist philosophy. I don't see Malcolm X as exclusivist only by his death. His pilgrimage to Mecca opened his eyes to a world of believers who did not look like him, and that fact, if they were acceptable to Allah, began him thinking more broadly. In my opinion.

You have no clue, but that's typical of the racist white conservative. Take away "content of character" and you no nothing of MLK's work or speeches.

I heard him speak. I even studied some of his speeches.

And, m,ore importantly for present purposes, I just observed you deliberately distort WHAT he had just said.

Typical of all manner of stupid bigoted scumbag racists like you, you think you can get over on people with your lies and hyperbole.

You can't. You are clearly not up to the task of intelligent debate their shit-for-brains. Salt Peter, you are nothing but a joke. A bad joke. But just a joke all the same.

What did I distort? Let's see the distortion.

I see black nationalism as an exclusivist philosophy. I don't see Malcolm X as exclusivist only by his death. His pilgrimage to Mecca opened his eyes to a world of believers who did not look like him, and that fact, if they were acceptable to Allah, began him thinking more broadly. In my opinion.

Malcolm's version of black nationalism wasn't exclusive, did you listen to his post NOI speech called "The Ballot or the Bullet?" That was black nationalism all the way, now the black separatism of the NOI he did abandon, but Malcolm's version of black nationalism which was simply blacks doing for themselves he never moved away from and he was staunchly against integration as a solution. The BPP were largely influenced by Malcolm and espoused his views.

Thanks, Bass, for the insight. I will go back and do some reading from that perspective and see if I agree, which is really not important. What is important is the man himself. MLK, Angela Davis, and Malcolm X all impressed me. I listened to King and Davis (in her class at UCLA), only read Malcolm. My personal opinion is that Davis was the true violent threat among the three; she was a very dangerous person.

Thanks, Bass, for the insight. I will go back and do some reading from that perspective and see if I agree, which is really not important. What is important is the man himself. MLK, Angela Davis, and Malcolm X all impressed me. I listened to King and Davis (in her class at UCLA), only read Malcolm. My personal opinion is that Davis was the true violent threat among the three; she was a very dangerous person.

I wouldn't call self defense violence, but any one who would attack anyone aggressively as in being an aggressor is violent. My favorites are the original Black Panthers before Huey Newton went to prison, more in the mold of Fred Hampton.

Of those three I know of/about Davis the least. Although, days after 9/11, at one of the NYC shrines, the one at Union Square, I met and had a very interesting chat with a self-exiled Black Panther who had recently come back to the states, who knew Angela.

Generally speaking, I have a lot of respect for the Black Panthers and their cause and their movement.

I think I'll read up more on Angela Davis.

MLk said essentially what Malcolm X said years before him that people like Newton and Carmichael are the product of white racism basically, not the cause of the problem itself. Its pretty stupid to label the oppressed as the cause of the problem simply because they explode and rise up pointing out to the oppressor that he is the cause of the problem.

Of those three I know of/about Davis the least. Although, days after 9/11, at one of the NYC shrines, the one at Union Square, I met and had a very interesting chat with a self-exiled Black Panther who had recently come back to the states, who knew Angela.

Generally speaking, I have a lot of respect for the Black Panthers and their cause and their movement.

I think I'll read up more on Angela Davis.

Davis was BlackLiberationArmy in her time with the Panthers and the violence was largely between the Panthers after the FBI via COINTELPRO promoted dissension in the BPP. Some felt she got off with murder though.

EDIT: Angela Davis wasn't violent, I got her mixed up Assata Shakur.

Last edited:
So you still haven't figured out that LBJ had Malcolm X and the man he affectionately referred to as "That ****** preacher" killed?

The hard right, the New Right, the reactionaries: they are all wack quacks. :lol:

Daveman is funny, he calls two right of center poster "leftists" just so he can have a reason to launch his strawman partisan attacks.
You know what's really funny?

Leftists come to your and Fakey's defense. I can't recall a conservative doing so.

The company you keep...

You don't recall well, daveman. Since it is your charge, prove it. Oh, that's right, you can't./

You are a far hard right wack reactionary, you are not a conservative. You are so far hull down to the horizion of the wack hard right all conservatives and moderates look like commies to you.

Silly goof. :lol:

You don't recall well, daveman. Since it is your charge, prove it. Oh, that's right, you can't./

You are a far hard right wack reactionary, you are not a conservative. You are so far hull down to the horizion of the wack hard right all conservatives and moderates look like commies to you.

Silly goof. :lol:

Jake, you make yourself look foolish by accusing every single right wing poster of being a 'far hard right wack reactionary'. That 'silly goof' you're looking for.... take a look in a mirror. You are not a Republican. :lol: But I suspect you still want to throw me 'and my ilk' out of 'your Republican party'. :lol:

You're really quite stupid.

Forum List

Back