If Jefferson founded the Republican Party what place do Democrats have in America?

Uncensored demonstrates his lack of knowledge. He is such a dupe.

The Democratic Party, organized by Andrew Jackson, incorporated the Democratic-Republican limited government politicians. The Democratic Party celebrates Jefferson.

You democrats piss on the ideals of Jefferson, just as Jackson did.

The Whig Party, counter organized against King Andrew Jackson, was led by the nationalist strong government wing of the Democratic-Party, including but not limited to Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, John Q. Adams and others.

I wonder, Fakey Jake, if you ever posted anything accurate, would your head explode? First off, the Whigs were formed from basically Federalist, not Republican leaders. Secondly, the longest serving Whig, John Tyler was an adamant supporter of states rights.

The Republican Party was organized by disaffected northern Democrats, former Free Soilers, Liberty Party men, and Whigs in 1854 to fight against the Democratic Party's support of the Kansas-Nebraska Act. The Republicans celebrate Abraham Lincoln.

The Party of Lincoln was driven by the dissolution of the Whigs, who could not come to grips with the slavery issue. Despite your idiocy, Tyler was a states rights man and promoted the rights of new states to adopt slavery. Lincoln, also a Whig, was an abolitionist.

I am historically correct, and Uncensored is lost. He needs to go back and read exactly what I posted, and then come back and admit that he screwed up and apologize. Uncensored, read what I posted.

I am historically correct, and Uncensored is lost.

You are a partisan hack, reading Wikipedia and attempting to mold the blurbs to meet your partisan goals.

He needs to go back and read exactly what I posted, and then come back and admit that he screwed up and apologize. Uncensored, read what I posted.

Jake, you are an ignorant baboon.

In other words, you give up the argument, because you cannot show where I have erred.

You are merely an e-thug who hates being corrected. The issue is that we have to correct you almost all of the time.

In other words, you give up the argument, because you cannot show where I have erred.

ROFL

Stupid, where you claimed the Whigs to be proponent of a strong central government, you erred. I pointed out that:

First off, the Whigs were formed from basically Federalist, not Republican leaders. Secondly, the longest serving Whig, John Tyler was an adamant supporter of states rights.

You are merely an e-thug who hates being corrected. The issue is that we have to correct you almost all of the time.

You think ignoring facts will render them irrelevant.

But it's you who are irrelevant, Fakey Jake.

Go re-read Darkwind's post, he put it very well. In fact, I think I'll rep him for it.

Uncensored the Flake does not quote me accurately. I said the were for some big government ideas (federal funding for internal improvements, homestead grants on public lands, and so forth), and so they were. Lincoln became a massive statist in pursuing the Civil War and using his power to partially end slavery.

John Tyler was originally a small states rights Democrat who was not happy with his party, switched to the Whigs, was chosen Veep because he could carry Virginia, then ended up being President, opposed by Whigs and Democrats in Congress. Uncensored the Flake once again does not know the story. Once again, minion mine, go back and read what I said about the development of the nationalistic wing of the Democratic Republicans, then the Whigs, then the Republicans.

I have had to correct you again, like for the 1000th time. You prove my points every time you post.

Uncensored the Flake does not quote me accurately.

Ah, direct lying, the last refuge of Fakey Jake.

I use the quote function, Fakey Jake. I quote you verbatim.

I said the were for some big government ideas (federal funding for internal improvements, homestead grants on public lands, and so forth), and so they were. Lincoln became a massive statist in pursuing the Civil War and using his power to partially end slavery.

You're such a complete liar.

The Whig Party, counter organized against King Andrew Jackson, was led by the nationalist strong government wing of the Democratic-Party, including but not limited to Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, John Q. Adams and others.

Hey, at least you have enough self-awareness to be embarrassed by your earlier post.

John Tyler was originally a small states rights Democrat who was not happy with his party, switched to the Whigs, was chosen Veep because he could carry Virginia, then ended up being President, opposed by Whigs and Democrats in Congress.

Opposed by Whigs...

You just make it up as you go, doncha?

ROFL

What a buffoon.

Uncensored the Flake once again does not know the story. Once again, minion mine, go back and read what I said about the development of the nationalistic wing of the Democratic Republicans, then the Whigs, then the Republicans.

I have had to correct you again, like for the 1000th time. You prove my points every time you post.

You have spewed ignorant bullshit again, because you are an ignorant fool.

I left out the bold, which should read "The Whig Party, counter organized against King Andrew Jackson, was led by the nationalist strong government wing of the Democratic-Republican Party, including but not limited to Henry Clay, Daniel Webster, John Q. Adams and others."

That is true. Tyler was a small states rights Democrat selected by the Whigs. Uncensored missed that.

So, Uncensored is behind 237 to 1 on corrections. :lol: Mine was a typo. Uncensored will deliberately lie.

Uncensored, go back and read history. You are truly ignorant of the American narrative. You, the student, are not yet and never will be the Master. :lol:

Last edited:
Come on, don't hide, Uncensored.

Federalists to the nationalist wing of the Democratic-Republican Party to the Whigs to the Republicans, traceable from Washington to Lincoln.

Democratic-Republicans to the small states' rights wing of the Democratic-Party to the Democratic Party, traceable from Jefferson to Jackson to Obama.

A note on John Tyler; "• He was nicknamed "His Accidency," due to the way in which he assumed office.
• He was known as a president without a party, and was threatened with impeachment by both the Whigs and the Democratic party. • He was known as a political outlaw, and named his home "Sherwood Forest." American Presidents: Life Portraits

Now don't be shy, Uncensored. Fess up. Confront your inner jake and man up.

You may want to do a bit more reading. While Jefferson indeed espoused the ideals of limited government in his writings and speeches, his actual governance was a far cry from his philosophy. When he held power, Jefferson was not above abusing the Freedom of the Press by having newspaper editors print lies about his opponents as well as jailing a few who spoke out against him.

Jailing????of course if this was true you would not be so afraid to present your evidence?? What does your fear tell you? Jefferson is the source of our ideas about freedom and limited government. Without him American would be nothing.

In truth, the Democrat-Republican Party that Jefferson formed was the first Republican party,

yes indeed and it was called Republican, not Democratic-Republican. Want to bet $10,000??

it was formed in opposition to the Federalists Party as a means of keeping them from gaining power in the Supreme Court as well as in the Executive.

more accurately, it was formed to prevent big liberal government by Jefferson in 1792

Today's Republican Party more closely resembles Hamilton's philosophy of a strong central government in control of the monetary power and policy of the country.

what?? Todays Republicans voted 100% against the stimulus, and are about to defeat the mandate through the courts while impotent libertarians sit it all out.

The Democrats....well, they went progressive back in the early 20th century and stopped being for a Free America a long time ago.

yes they spied for Stalin and some were hung

edwardbaamonte can present his evidence that the Democratic-Republican Party was called something else.

edwardbaamonte can present his evidence that the Democratic-Republican Party was called something else.

Congressional Record:(primary source)

5th Congress (1797-1799)
Majority Party: Federalist (22 seats)

Minority Party: Republican (10 seats)

Other Parties: 0

Total Seats: 32

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6th Congress (1799-1801)

Majority Party: Federalist (22 seats)

Minority Party: Republican (10 seats)

Total Seats: 32

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th Congress (1801-1803)

Majority Party: Republican (17 seats)

Minority Party: Federalist (15 seats)

Vacant: 2

Total Seats: 34

see why we are 100% positive a liberal will be slow??????

(Thank you, Edward, as 'sna'p' goes the trap on your silly logic) Which was Congressional short hand for the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Jefferson, which morphed into the Democratic Party under Jackson.

The Federalists, when the party dissolved, generally voted with the national wing of the Democratic-Republican Party, morphed into the Whigs, which, in part, later became the Republicans, who celebrate Mr. Big Government himself, Abraham Lincoln.

Come on, Edward, this is not hard.

Last edited:
Which was Congressional short hand for the Democratic-Republican Party, founded by Jefferson, .

if you have evidence of shorthand I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away again with your liberal tail between your legs??

When Jefferson said, "today we are all Republican, and we are all Federalists" was he using shorthand too?

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow??

It's your claim, Edward, to prove, not mine to disprove. Go for it, or you lose.

You may want to do a bit more reading. While Jefferson indeed espoused the ideals of limited government in his writings and speeches, his actual governance was a far cry from his philosophy. When he held power, Jefferson was not above abusing the Freedom of the Press by having newspaper editors print lies about his opponents as well as jailing a few who spoke out against him.

Jailing????of course if this was true you would not be so afraid to present your evidence?? What does your fear tell you? Jefferson is the source of our ideas about freedom and limited government. Without him American would be nothing.

In truth, the Democrat-Republican Party that Jefferson formed was the first Republican party,

yes indeed and it was called Republican, not Democratic-Republican. Want to bet $10,000??

more accurately, it was formed to prevent big liberal government by Jefferson in 1792

Today's Republican Party more closely resembles Hamilton's philosophy of a strong central government in control of the monetary power and policy of the country.

what?? Todays Republicans voted 100% against the stimulus, and are about to defeat the mandate through the courts while impotent libertarians sit it all out.

The Democrats....well, they went progressive back in the early 20th century and stopped being for a Free America a long time ago.

yes they spied for Stalin and some were hung
Look up James Callendar and get back to Me.

Indeed, it was called the Democrat-Republican party. You simply must stop living in today when discussing historical events. The words and their meanings have wholly different connotations today. If you are just a party acolyte, then say so. But do try to keep your party support of today out of historical happenings. I happen to be a great fan of Thomas Jefferson and his writings. But he was who he was and no amount of embellishment today is going to change that.

More accurately, it was to keep his political enemies from gaining power and shutting his philosophy out of government. Unfortunately, he failed.

Yes, Hamilton. Being opposed to the stimulus bill has nothing to do with their philosophy of centralized monetary policy and support of a centralized taxation system as a means of controlling commerce. This was Hamilton's dream.

The current GOP is no different from the rest of the politicians in that you (the generic you referring to the citizens of this country) are not permitted to do anything unless government can make a profit off it through fees or taxation.

I will never understand why people have some kind of emotional investment into twisting the past to suit their own reality. That goes for any party supporter.

The Jeffersonian Republican party, better known as the Democratic-Republican Party, is an ancestor of the modern Democratic Party. It evolved in the 1790s during the early days of George Washington's presidency. Washington had been unanimously chosen president in 1789 and had a broad base of support. Thomas Jefferson served as Washington's Secretary of State, while Alexander Hamilton served as secretary of the treasury. Jefferson and his followers favored states' rights and a strict interpretation of the Constitution. They believed that a powerful central government posed a threat to individual liberties. They viewed the United States more as a confederation of sovereign entities woven together by a common interest. Hamilton and his followers argued that a strong central government was essential to the unity of the new nation. They favored a broad interpretation of the Constitution, which they saw as a document that should evolve with the country as it grew.

Virtually all the leading political figures of the new country, starting with Washington, believed that political parties would polarize citizens and paralyze government. Hamilton and Jefferson agreed with this notion, but by 1793 the two groups that they represented had broken off into separate factions. Hamilton's group became the Federalists, while Jefferson's faction adopted the name "Democratic Republicans."

One early and divisive difference between the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans was how they approached Britain and France. The Federalists believed that American foreign policy should favor British interests, while the Democratic-Republicans wanted to strengthen ties with the French. The Democratic-Republicans supported the government that had taken over France after the revolution of 1789.

On economic matters, the Jeffersonians differed strongly with the Federalists. The Democratic-Republicans believed in protecting the interests of the working classes—merchants, farmers, and laborers. They believed that an agrarian economy would best serve these citizens. They saw the establishment of a national Bank of the United States (which Hamilton strongly favored) as a means of usurping power that belonged to individual states, and they also believed that it would be tied too closely to the rich. The Federalists saw industry and manufacturing as the best means of domestic growth and economic self-sufficiency. They favored the existence of protective tariffs on imports (which had Congress had adopted in 1789) both as a means of protecting domestic production and as a source of revenue.

The ratification in 1795 of Jay's Treaty (named after John Jay) sparked anger at the Federalists from a wide array of citizens. The British were still in control of fur-trading posts in the Northwest Territories, and they were accused of encouraging Indians to rise up against the Americans. British ships were seizing American ships and impressing American sailors; they were also prohibiting American ships from engaging in trade with the West Indies. Jay, the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, was sent to England as an envoy and returned with a treaty that gave the British a deadline for leaving the fur posts. Almost none of the other issues was addressed. A particularly unpopular provision of the treaty called for the U.S. to settle pre-Revolution debts to the British, totaling $2.6 million.
Jeffersonians, and even many Federalists, felt that the treaty had been too generous to the British, although Hamilton saw it as a necessary action because Britain generated tariff revenues through its exports. In 1796, John Adams (a Federalist) was elected the nation's second president with 71 electoral votes, defeating Jefferson by three votes. Jefferson became vice president.

Meanwhile, relations with France were deteriorating rapidly. The notorious "XYZ Affair" in 1796 was typical of what Jeffersonians saw as the weakness of Federalism. The XYZ Affair involved an unsuccessful attempt by a French agent to exact bribes in exchange for France's cooperation in negotiating an international trade treaty. France, angered by the pro-British Jay's Treaty, began to interfere with American ships. An American delegation was sent to France, and the French demanded a loan to the French government as well as a $240,000 bribe.

Although American public opinion hardened against the French, President Adams tried to repair the situation diplomatically, which angered many Federalists who thought that declaring war on France was the best course of action. This split within the Federalist Party helped to ensure Jefferson's victory in the 1800 presidential election. Democratic-Republicans also won a majority of the seats in Congress.

Jefferson's party dominated American politics for the next two decades. One reason was that the Jeffersonians proved themselves to be willing to adapt to change. An example was the Louisiana Purchase of 1803. As a Republican, Jefferson initially felt that the president did not have the power to make such a large purchase (828,000 square miles). He recognized, however, that the price of $15 million (about three cents per acre) was a significant bargain, and that the purchase would double the size of the U.S. and also eliminate the danger of having an imperialist French colony on its border. He went against his partisan instinct and made what he believed was the right decision for the country.

During the War of 1812, Jefferson's successor, James Madison, battled the British overseas and the Federalists at home. Many Federalists, especially in the New England states, felt that the war would irreparably damage their ability to trade by sea with Europe. This anti-war stance proved unpopular, however, since the war ended in what most Americans perceived as a victory over Great Britain. Thus the Federalists were soundly defeated in the 1816 presidential election. The new president, James Monroe, presided over a time of relative political calm during which many Federalists came to support the Republicans. This period was known as the "Era of Good Feeling," and although Monroe enjoyed wide support during his two terms in office, various factions were developing within his own party.

In the election of 1824, John Quincy Adams was elected president, narrowly defeating War of 1812 military hero Andrew Jackson. Although both were Democratic-Republicans, Adams's political philosophy was closer to that of the Federalists, and during his term in office the party split into two main factions. When Jackson ran for president in 1828, he ran as a Democrat—and won handily. Adams's wing of the party became known as the National Republicans, many of whom later formed the Whig Party.

Democrat-Republican party legal definition of Democrat-Republican party. Democrat-Republican party synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Where is My 10,000 dollars?

Democratic-Republican Party, originally (1792–98) Republican Party, first opposition political party in the United States. Organized in 1792 as the Republican Party, its members held power nationally between 1801 and 1825. It was the direct antecedent of the present Democratic Party. During the two administrations of President George Washington (1789–97), many former Anti-Federalists—who had resisted adoption of the new federal Constitution (1787)—began to unite in opposition to the fiscal program of Alexander Hamilton, secretary of the treasury. After Hamilton and other proponents of a strong central government and a loose interpretation of the Constitution formed the Federalist Party ... (100 of 769 words)

Democratic-Republican Party (political party, United States) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Where is My 10,000 dollars?

Forum List

Back