If Google told you to jump off a cliff...

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A Utah woman is suing Google after Google Maps on her BlackBerry allegedly gave her walking directions that led her to a highway where she was struck by a car, reports Search Engine Land.

Lauren Rosenberg of Park City is suing the web giant for $100,000 because she claims she was led onto a rural highway with no sidewalks. She's also suing the driver.

CANOE -- Technology: Woman sues Google after being hit by car

A Utah woman is suing Google after Google Maps on her BlackBerry allegedly gave her walking directions that led her to a highway where she was struck by a car, reports Search Engine Land.

Lauren Rosenberg of Park City is suing the web giant for $100,000 because she claims she was led onto a rural highway with no sidewalks. She's also suing the driver.

QUESTION: Was the car that hit her visible on Google StreetView? If it was, then she has no case.

anyone using mapquest or google directions...knows they do so at their own peril...one can get left in the oddests places....i was left on a freeway in sf....there was no exit 5...but what do you do....i thought about just sitting on the freeway till someone ran over me...but alas....i decided to drive on..

Any judge worth his salt would fine the shit out this stupid bitch and file a complaint against the idiot lawyer that took on this case!

Just plain sad. That is why there are idiot warnings all over products today. There should be CRIMINAL repercussions to this type of behavior as it is far more damaging than most drug use is anyway (and likely committed with it).

Forum List

Back