If Barack Obama was not born in the U.S., would you still vote for him?

Not saying this is the case but just hypothetical, if we found out that Barack Obama was actually not born in the U.S. but say Indonesia, would folks still vote for him? I'm curious to hear from the Democrat and Independent voices out there.

You can't vote for him if he wasn't born here. The only exception is John McCain, who was born at a Naval Base in Panama I believe?

McCain is the manchurian candidate, if you haven't heard. Brainwashed by the Russians and Viet Kong when he was a pow for 5.5 years.

You can't vote for him if he wasn't born here. The only exception is John McCain, who was born at a Naval Base in Panama I believe?

McCain is the manchurian candidate, if you haven't heard. Brainwashed by the Russians and Viet Kong when he was a pow for 5.5 years.

Ok, once again, and slowly.

If...you...are...a...citizen...it....doesn't....matter...where...you...are....born.

If you AREN'T a citizen, it still doesn't matter where you were born, even if it's in the US because you CAN'T RUN FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

Do you understand yet? I had such hopes for you, Bubbles...

Not saying this is the case but just hypothetical, if we found out that Barack Obama was actually not born in the U.S. but say Indonesia, would folks still vote for him? I'm curious to hear from the Democrat and Independent voices out there.

Ok. Lets get this straight once and for all. :eusa_eh:

Hypothetically speaking .... I would not vote for Mickey Mouse, even though he is an American, I think :confused: But he was born in the USA as a figment of Walt Disney's imagination .... but NO ONE CAN VOTE FOR MICKEY MOUSE either. Well you could, but why? Got it?? :(

*The above makes just as much sense as your hypothetical question. And ... btw .... are you a student and this is an assignment for your homework? If so ... go look this crap up on Google! :eusa_angel:

Viet Kong----King Kong's asian brother !:lol:

Surely my worthless crap is worth more than 2 cents? By dint of it being more worthless than most?

Ok, once again, and slowly.

If...you...are...a...citizen...it....doesn't....matter...where...you...are....born.

If you AREN'T a citizen, it still doesn't matter where you were born, even if it's in the US because you CAN'T RUN FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

Do you understand yet? I had such hopes for you, Bubbles...

I think you are wrong babe.

You have to be born in America to be president.

Arnold is citizen, but he can't run for president

How can you be born here and not be a US Citizen?

No I do not understand yet.

Unless of course you are telling me that McCain was born on a Naval base and that is technically inside the US. Is that what you are saying?

Hypothetical is the key. Its a hypothetical question, if you could vote for him, regardless of whether he was born in the U.S. or not, would you?

Currently we do have a law that doesn't permit us to have a presidential candidate that is born outside of the U.S. regardless if they are an American citizen or not. If say a year into Obama's presidential term, we find out he wasn't born in the U.S., would you be bothered by that? Would you want to change the law to allow American citizens to be President, regardless if they were born in the U.S.?

That is NOT what the law says.

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought. So long as you're still a citizen, I don't think it matters where you're born.

I think he's hiding this because one of his parents weren't citizens.

He was BORN in the US,Hawaii has already covered the supposed flap over his Birth Certificate. Obama is a NATURAL BORN Citizen.

I think you are wrong babe.

Arnold is citizen, but he can't run for president

How can you be born here and not be a US Citizen?

No I do not understand yet.

Unless of course you are telling me that McCain was born on a Naval base and that is technically inside the US. Is that what you are saying?

Read the law you dumb ass, you do NOT have to be BORN in the US. My son was Born in Okinawa yet he could run for President if he wanted to when old enough, ohh his mother was not a citizen when he was born either. Yet he is a NATURAL BORN American.

Yeah, that's sort of what I thought. So long as you're still a citizen, I don't think it matters where you're born.

I think he's hiding this because one of his parents weren't citizens.

Posts like these just prove you are a hack.

Really? Why do you think he's hiding the information? Because he is hiding it, nobody's denying that.

Really? Why do you think he's hiding the information? Because he is hiding it, nobody's denying that.

He is not hiding where he was born or who his parents are. That is all that matters. He was born in Hawaii and his MOTHER was a US Citizen, thus HE is a NATURAL BORN US Citizen.

Are you guys talking about McCain's complete mental and physical health report? Because yes, they are hiding something. I can't wait till he snaps. :cuckoo:

He is not hiding where he was born or who his parents are. That is all that matters. He was born in Hawaii and his MOTHER was a US Citizen, thus HE is a NATURAL BORN US Citizen.

In this case the facts don't matter to the hackette.

Even if he mother wasn't an US Citizen, he'd still be a Natural Born US Citizen. He was born in the state of Hawaii. It became a state on August 21, 1959. Obama was born August 4, 1961. That makes him a Natural Born Citizen. Regardless of who his parents are.

To clarify, please refer to this post earlier in the thread.

It is possible to be born a US citizen outside of the US under certian conditions, such as that one of the parents is a citizen that has lived in the US for a year.

Being born a citizen is enough to fulfill the constitutional birth requirement for presidential eligibility.

Therefore, it is possible for someone born outside of the US to be president.

The reason Arnold can't is that he wasn't born a citizen; he became a citizen later in his life.

By the way, so far everyone who was elected president has either been born in the US or was a citizen when the US was created. So if McCain wins he will be a historic first.

Forum List

Back