If at first you don't succeed, Trump "flirts" with another tax cut for .... the .1%

I don't disagree with these cuts, but if he wants a slamdunk for 2020, he should look at cuts to Middle Class and the working poor. It would hurt the narrative of the Dems who will position him as being only for the wealthy.

On Aug. 20, Trump told reporters that he had been talking for a "long time" about the idea of indexing capital gains to inflation, and that he "would love to do something on capital gains."

But a day later, Trump said he wasn't seriously looking at indexing, adding that he would be perceived as "elitist" because the tax cut would primarily benefit the wealthy.
In other words, this whole article was a waste of my time. Now I wasted yours.

On Aug. 20, Trump told reporters that he had been talking for a "long time" about the idea of indexing capital gains to inflation, and that he "would love to do something on capital gains."

But a day later, Trump said he wasn't seriously looking at indexing, adding that he would be perceived as "elitist" because the tax cut would primarily benefit the wealthy.
In other words, this whole article was a waste of my time. Now I wasted yours.
he may have changed his mind … again. As the link stated. but thanks for playing.

I can never view people keeping their shit as being wrong.

I don't care how you look at it.

It's NOT YOURS, it's their shit.

I don't disagree with these cuts, but if he wants a slamdunk for 2020, he should look at cuts to Middle Class and the working poor. It would hurt the narrative of the Dems who will position him as being only for the wealthy.

The narrative??? Maybe you ought to read the tax bill which Ryan passed off as reform, and see the ten year consequences for the middle classes and the working poor; the budget which cuts the safety nets and adds to the military industrial complex, and the efforts to weaken the ACA and increase the number of those without health insurance.

i have capital gains to worry about. I have two houses and many stocks. i'm middle class. See, it's you all that believe middle class people don't have capital gains. you all are truly clueless to the people of this country. perhaps pull your TDS head out of the ground. your ignorance is glowing.

So apparently you do not need a tax cut.

Last edited:
i have capital gains to worry about. I have two houses and many stocks. i'm middle class. See, it's you all that believe middle class people don't have capital gains. you all are truly clueless to the people of this country. perhaps pull your TDS head out of the ground. your ignorance is glowing.

So apparently you do not need a tax cut.[/QUOTE]

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE NEEDS???

So apparently you do not need a tax cut.

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE NEEDS???

Well anyone with cash in the market does not live paycheck to paycheck and those are the people who NEED it.

Forum List

Back