if an R is elected in 2012 what part of the government will get smaller?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
the military?

the entitlements?

which agencies will be removed? Dept of education or agriculture?

which agencies budgets will be cut?

what powers will be revoked / shrunk? (patriot act, new fisa laws, power of the epa, power of the irs, any?)

corporate bailouts / welfare?

just wondering why we shouldn't stick with the dems and their quick path to bankruptcy/insolvency. waiting on the Rs to get us there slowly is just wasting time.

edit: will government healtchare spending be cut? we already spend more than any other country by a long shot and this is before the 'government take over'

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing will change until we vote in truly independent representatives

Don't hold your breath.

Hopefully they don't try to use that as a platform for their 2012 campaign. It would mar their image ,more than any democrat could, to not fulfill it.

It's all just speculation. In my entire lifetime, I can't ever remember the government actually getting any smaller regardless of who was in power. Reagan fired all the Air Traffic Controllers when they went on strike but I'm sure by now, all of the empty slots, and probably even more, have been filled by now. I believe that Skull Pilot is correct. We need a crop of independents in there. It's time for their turn in the political barrel.

A three party system? What say you? It might be difficult to get anything done.

the military?

the entitlements?

what powers will be revoked / shrunk? (patriot act, new fisa laws, power of the epa, power of the irs, any?)

just wondering why we shouldn't stick with the dems and their quick path to bankruptcy/insolvency. waiting on the Rs to get us there slowly is just wasting time.

edit: will government healtchare spending be cut? we already spend more than any other country by a long shot and this is before the 'government take over'

In that event I will predict that most all agencies enforcing regulations on industry will get smaller.

the military?

the entitlements?

no part....just like obama came in, got his briefing and nothing changed....

Nice pre-Olympic avatar uscitizen. Government better get smaller in the realms of pork and entitlements. If not, then the R should be replaced with an I or D that will.

Nice pre-Olympic avatar uscitizen. Government better get smaller in the realms of pork and entitlements. If not, then the R should be replaced with an I or D that will.

a democrat? what part of the democrat goals/visions for the usa involve smaller government except maybe the miltiary or at least non-defense "defense" spending?

Whoever is running in 2012 will certainly talk a big game like they are going to shrink gov't. It's a bunch of bullshit but millions of Americans and dozens of posters here will eat it up.

Whoever is running in 2012 will certainly talk a big game like they are going to shrink gov't. It's a bunch of bullshit but millions of Americans and dozens of posters here will eat it up.

i just wish someone would say they are going to stop spending us tax dollars on anything other than us citizens and on us soil....

If people to eat it like cookies,
sad-panda.jpg

No. Bloated govt will keep growing. I kind of wish that the whole damn thing would just collapse in on itself so we could start over again AND FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION this time.

so do Rs just not care about the size of the government or did the "small government conservatives" just all leave for the libertarian party?

so do Rs just not care about the size of the government or did the "small government conservatives" just all leave for the libertarian party?

One could argue there never were any small government conservatives, other than a few exceptions. The Republican Party was once the party of big government, but then the Democrats eclipsed them in that respect and the Republicans simply became the party of smaller government.

Forum List

Back