If a person visits the USA on a tourist Visa

GuyOnInternet

Mar 4, 2022
If a person visits the USA on a tourist visa from a far away country, they can only stay for a limited time. However, do they have to return to their country or can they reset the time window by leaving the USA, going to Canada, and flying back to the USA to reset the stay?

If a person visits the USA on a tourist visa from a far away country, they can only stay for a limited time. However, do they have to return to their country or can they reset the time window by leaving the USA, going to Canada, and flying back to the USA to reset the stay?
That's a good question, I know you can leave Thailand after three months, come back in and get another three months. However, I've read they are cracking down on the practice. I think you can probably get a longer tourist visa than three months here, however. I can't answer your question though.

You aren't going to reset the window. The visa itself will control. Some are single entry and some allow you unlimited entries. The visa will have an expiration date. You need to apply for the one that suits your plans the best.

Actually, I think that there are different times required for different countries. And, I'm pretty sure you have to return to your country of origin. Google is your friend, you can find out those answers simply by typing in your question into the inquiry line, and your best bet on finding the correct answers would be from a US government source, or the country that the person came from.

Actually, I think that there are different times required for different countries. And, I'm pretty sure you have to return to your country of origin. Google is your friend, you can find out those answers simply by typing in your question into the inquiry line, and your best bet on finding the correct answers would be from a US government source, or the country that the person came from.

B1/B2 visa holders can usually visit Canada and Mexico for up to 30 days and get back into the US. You don't have to depart the US back to your country of origin, but proving you intend to and are likely to end up back home is part of the process of getting the visa to begin with.

Forum List

Back