If a Corporation claims the rights of an individual, then it must be taxed that way

Sure why not.
Flat tax all income for all individuals and persons exactly the same.
No deductions.

If a corporation can claim expenses then I could too. My auto to get to work, gasoline, etc so I can do my job.

Or just flat tax ALL income the same.

Hey, I agree with that sentiment in general, as long as you include Payroll Taxes, Sales Taxes, Capital Gains taxes, etc, etc.

The middle class would actually save money if that happened.

But since that is probably not going to happen anytime soon...

Why tax incomes at all?

Seems to me that the whole mess is just a political tool to reward friends and punish enemies.

That's a totally different conversation. And, as I stated in my last post, as long as you include payroll taxes, capital gains taxes and sales taxes in that statement, I agree with a flat tax.

Oh, so it's OK to tax, regulate, sue and use businesses as general political punching bags, but not OK for them to get their side of the story out.

Thnks for clearing that up, Uncle Joseph.

If businesses are being afforded the rights of individuals, then they have the right to sue the government for unfair regulation and to sue them for slander, just like everyone else.

And therefore should pay taxes JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

I'm not suggesting any special treatment here. I am suggesting we give businesses EXACTLY what the Supreme Court decided for them.

If they want to avoid being taxed just like everyone else, then they will have their rights curtailed.

After all, if an average person doesn't pay their taxes, they have their rights taken away by being put in jail.
Constitutionally, corporations were to collect imposts, excises and duties --which were apportioned and uniformly applied-- to pay for the functions of de jure govenrance.

There were no income or other taxes on production, that could be used as political tools by politicians and/or party man toadies to pit one group of people against another......Exactly like what you're doing here.

Sucker.

Constitutionally, corporations were to collect imposts, excises and duties --which were apportioned and uniformly applied-- to pay for the functions of de jure govenrance.

There were no income or other taxes on production, that could be used as political tools by politicians and/or party man toadies to pit one group of people against another......Exactly like what you're doing here.

Sucker.

How am I "Pitting one group against another"?

I'm saying everyone should be equal in the eyes of the (tax) law.

It's corporations that are claiming the rights of individuals.

I'm even saying that Unions, 527's, etc should be subject to the exact same rules.

This is not about choosing sides, this is about individual responsibility.

Isn't that the founding principle of your personal philosophy?

Last edited:
So you want to put a tax on exercising a right? :cuckoo:

Nope, the tax already exists. I'm saying that if they are able to exercise the same rights as everyone else, then they need to be taxed JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

It's a really straightforward concept. I'm sure pretty much everybody and their mother will get it.

It will be awfully hard to spin by the corporations.

The tax does not exist. You are proposing two tiers of corporate taxation based on their political activities. That currently doesn't exist. And so your proposal effectively taxes exercising a right.

Sucker.

How am I "Pitting one group against another"?

I'm saying everyone should be equal in the eyes of the (tax) law.

It's corporations that are claiming the rights of individuals.

I'm even saying that Unions, 527's, etc should be subject to the exact same rules.

This is not about choosing sides, this is about individual responsibility.

Isn't that the founding principle of your personal philosophy?
No, it's about individual envy and blatant polarization.....Which you're falling for.

That's what a fungible tax code does.

Nope, the tax already exists. I'm saying that if they are able to exercise the same rights as everyone else, then they need to be taxed JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

It's a really straightforward concept. I'm sure pretty much everybody and their mother will get it.

To be honest it took me some time to figure what you were talking about here. Not sure if it was your fault or mine but whatever. Chimed in with TM I see how important this actually is. Hiding under corporate umbrellas, foreign interests are able to participate in the political system. If they wish to do this they need to taxed higher?

My preference would be to stop the hiding but hell, I hate overtaxing but it would help keep them outta the political arena so I am game for now :lol:
That is not good.

No one has to pay a fee for their rights in this country because if we demand that corps pay a special tax in order for them to do something they can do then the govt can demand the same thing of everyone else and I am not paying a user fees for my rights.

The tax does not exist. You are proposing two tiers of corporate taxation based on their political activities. That currently doesn't exist. And so your proposal effectively taxes exercising a right.

Nope just one tax on all income and allow the same dedductions to both individuals and corporations or flat tax all the same.
They are either persons or not.

Nope just one tax on all income and allow the same dedductions to both individuals and corporations or flat tax all the same.

Yepper.

If we can get a flat tax, then all the better, otherwise tax their income, just like everybody else.

It's not "punishing" anyone. EVERYONE pays taxes, so they can exercise the rights those taxes pay to protect. Like the freedom of speech.

Now, I'm not saying that individual stockholders can't continue to do what they're doing now, I'm saying that if they want the corporation to exist as a separate entity, and wish to have that separate entity have rights, then that separate entity must also pay TAXES.

Just like everyone else.

Yepper.

If we can get a flat tax, then all the better, otherwise tax their income, just like everybody else.

It's not "punishing" anyone. EVERYONE pays taxes, so they can exercise the rights those taxes pay to protect. Like the freedom of speech.

Now, I'm not saying that individual stockholders can't continue to do what they're doing now, I'm saying that if they want the corporation to exist as a separate entity, and wish to have that separate entity have rights, then that separate entity must also pay TAXES.

Just like everyone else.

You're an idiot. You don't know what you believe anymore.
Corporations already pay corporate income taxes. You propose that they pay additional taxes in order to exercise their rights under the U.S. Constitution. That's a no-go in my book.

Corporations already pay corporate income taxes. You propose that they pay additional taxes in order to exercise their rights under the U.S. Constitution. That's a no-go in my book.

Not at all, I'm proposing they pay personal income tax levels INSTEAD of their corporate taxes, with no corporate tax loopholes. At the highest top tier rate.

And seriously Rabbi, calling your opponent an idiot in a debate really doesn't make your response seem any more effective.

Yepper.

Just like everyone else.

But I do not have the same deductions available as a corporation. ie my costs to get to work and such.
Reagan did away with the personal gasoline tax deduction.
I cannot even deduct the interest on my car loan can I?
But I have to have a car to get to work.
Well if I worked, but it is a valid point.

My training expenses (college, tech school, etc) are deductable like a corps are?

Last edited:
No one has to pay a fee for their rights in this country because if we demand that corps pay a special tax in order for them to do something they can do then the govt can demand the same thing of everyone else and I am not paying a user fees for my rights.

You already pay income taxes.

You already pay a "user fee" for your rights.

I am simply suggesting that Corporations be required to do the same.

Corporations do in fact pay taxes. Check it out. But I see where you're going with that.
I have "checked it out" perhaps you should do the same.

Be that as it may, that is why this is so effective. If the Corporation doesn't want to pay the taxes, they just have to not get involved in the political process.

If a corporation wants to have the rights of an individual, they must also bear the responsibility of an individual.
Since when is paying taxes a prerequisite for getting "involved in the political process"?

Since when is paying taxes a prerequisite for getting "involved in the political process"?

Paying taxes is a prerequisite for staying out of prison.

One does not have constitutional rights in prison as far as I'm aware.

You already pay income taxes.

You already pay a "user fee" for your rights.
LOL, "user fee" for your rights? WHAT THE HELL PLANET ARE YOU FROM? that has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this site so far.

Here's a clue for you.... our rights come from our humanity and we are not required to purchase them or pay maintenance fees on them.

I'm really not understanding why this is even an argument.

If you want the rights of a citizen, then you must also have the responsibilities of a citizen.

It's really simple.

LOL, "user fee" for your rights? WHAT THE HELL PLANET ARE YOU FROM? that has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this site so far.

Here's a clue for you.... are rights come from our humanity and we are not required to purchase them or pay maintenance fees on them.

It was the previous posters terminology, not mine. Why don't you ask him or her?

And we are required to pay taxes, or we lose our rights as citizens, so while your little quips may be pithy, the point I made is perfectly accurate.

Why don't you try not paying your taxes for a few years, and see if the IRS doesn't take away your rights by throwing you in a prison cell?

Forum List

Back