If a Corporation claims the rights of an individual, then it must be taxed that way

Since when is paying taxes a prerequisite for getting "involved in the political process"?

Paying taxes is a prerequisite for staying out of prison.
Really? so the unemployed are sent directly to jail now?

If they don't pay their taxes on their unemployment benefits, yes. If they don't pay their payroll taxes on income, yes.

According to the law, taxation is based on income. Therefore each person MUST pay taxes according to their income level.

As I stated earlier, I would be happy with a flat tax that included payroll taxes and all other forms of taxation, like capital gains and sales tax, but that is a whole other conversation.

According to the law, taxation is based on income. Therefore each person MUST pay taxes according to their income level.

Let me simplify for you... if a corporation's tax bill is $100, they factor that into their pricing. If you raise that to $150, they factor ANOTHER $50 into their pricing. Their taxes can go to 1,000%.. they will pass it on in pricing. Every $ you add to their cost you add to YOUR costs.

THINK MAN!!!

Let me simplify for you... if a corporation's tax bill is $100, they factor that into their pricing. If you raise that to $150, they factor ANOTHER $50 into their pricing. Their taxes can go to 1,000%.. they will pass it on in pricing. Every $ you add to their cost you add to YOUR costs.

THINK MAN!!!

Except for the fact that they will then fail, because they will be undersold by their competition.

THINK MAN.

Which will discourage any corporation from engaging in the political process. Which is the point.

Apparently that flew over your head though.

THINK MAN!!!

And that has what to do with shineola?

LOL, "user fee" for your rights? WHAT THE HELL PLANET ARE YOU FROM? that has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this site so far.

Here's a clue for you.... are rights come from our humanity and we are not required to purchase them or pay maintenance fees on them.

And we are required to pay taxes, or we lose our rights as citizens, so while your little quips may be pithy, the point I made is perfectly accurate.
Just when I thought you couldn't possible get any more obtuse, you go an say something like this , again I ask does that mean the unemployed or those that choose not to pay consumption taxes by providing their own material needs have no rights ?

I think you are must be intentionally attempting to appear simple because nobody could possibly be as dumb as what you appear to be using the line of reasoning you are currently pursuing.

Allow me to quote from a rather famous document that may turn on a light bulb or two for you ..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

ringing any bells yet?

Well, here's an idea:

Step 1: Create a top tier income tax rate of 40% for all individuals making $200 Million a year or more.

Step 2: Create legislation stating that if any Corporation claims the rights of an individual in order to engage in the political process, then they also are subject to income tax AS AN INDIVIDUAL.

Step 3: Create a separate legislation that any Corporation engaging in the political process gives up any corporate tax breaks or loopholes, as they are effectively becoming an individual. You could create a new class of corporation. Call it the "Corporate Individual" or something like that.

This would effectively bar corporations from getting involved in the political process, as their shareholders would never allow it.

And, hell, if we wanted to take this to it's logical conclusion, we could also apply it to media corporations.

And best of all, it would all be perfectly constitutional, and would not require overturning the SCOTUS' decision.

Whadya all think?

Let's reinstitute a poll tax while we're at it...if you don't want to pay the poll tax, just don't vote. :rolleyes:

How about doing your homework... if a candidate receives a ton of funding from corporations... then... gulp... DON'T VOTE FOR THEM.

THINK MAN!!!

Except for the fact that they will then fail, because they will be undersold by their competition.
LOL, no kidding, why do you think our American Businesses are getting their @sses handed to them by foreign corporations that do not have to bare our outrageous tax burdens and our high wage levels? they can only raise prices, reduce quality, lower wages and reduce investor returns so much before taxation and regulation forces them to become uncompetitive, move offshore or go out of business.

Businesses do not print their own money to pay tribute to Uncle Sam therefor it has to come from some place or did you honestly believe they just summoned it out of thin air?

Last edited:
You're an idiot. You don't know what you believe anymore.
Corporations already pay corporate income taxes. You propose that they pay additional taxes in order to exercise their rights under the U.S. Constitution. That's a no-go in my book.

Not at all, I'm proposing they pay personal income tax levels INSTEAD of their corporate taxes, with no corporate tax loopholes. At the highest top tier rate.

And seriously Rabbi, calling your opponent an idiot in a debate really doesn't make your response seem any more effective.

So you didnt propose a two-tier tax system for corporations based on whether they engage in political speech or not? Did I just make that up?

So now you want to raise corporate levels to that of individuals, effectively taxing that income twice: once as profit to the corporation and again as income to the workers.
Yeah, higher taxes. That's a real economic booster.

THINK MAN!!!

LOL, no kidding, why do you think our American Businesses are getting their @sses handed to them by foreign corporations that do not have to bare our outrageous tax burdens and our high wage levels? they can only raise prices, reduce quality, lower wages and reduce investor returns so much before taxation and regulation forces them to become uncompetitive, move offshore or go out of business.

Businesses do not print their own money to pay tribute to Uncle Same therefor it has to come from some place or did you honestly believe they just summoned it out of thin air?

Many corporations in the USA pay no income tax at all.

Next thing that will be argued is a government "Pricing Commission" that oversees what is fair to charge. Now we've turned every American business into the U.S.P.S. Gee.. only 48 cents to mail a letter but it really costs $1.48???? What a bargain!!!

Hey, Einstein... NONE OF THEM PAY TAXES. YOU PAY THE TAXES AS THE TAXES ARE BUILT INTO THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR THEIR GOODS.

They only act as tax collectors... FROM YOU.

Do you really think that your checking account, your bank fees, your loans will not reflect a fee imposed on banks???

Next thing that will be argued is a government "Pricing Commission" that oversees what is fair to charge. Now we've turned every American business into the U.S.P.S. Gee.. only 48 cents to mail a letter but it really costs $1.48???? What a bargain!!!

You mean like during WW2 or Nixon?

Businesses do not print their own money to pay tribute to Uncle Same therefor it has to come from some place or did you honestly believe they just summoned it out of thin air?

Yeah and? or did you just get a sudden urge to post something completely non sequitur?

Let's reinstitute a poll tax while we're at it...if you don't want to pay the poll tax, just don't vote. :rolleyes:

Do you pay taxes?

What would happen if you didn't pay taxes?

Would you have the right to free speech available to you after you were incarcerated?

The point is, taxes pay for the United States to protect the rights that every citizen enjoys.

If you wish to become a citizen and enjoy the same rights as everyone else, you must pay taxes like everyone else.

Forum List

Back