Idioms

That dog is like a doggie Oolong the rabbit with a pancake on his head!

440oolong.jpg

Idioms I use come from when I was a kid. They just come out naturally as the situation arises. For example, I just told the dog to, "hold your horses". Then as typical it strikes me that I haven't heard that one in quite a while.

A personal one that was used a few years (around 1960) between my pop and me was he'd occasionally would hand me an envelope and simply say, "get on your horse". That meant I was to hop on my bicycle and deposit the letter into the mailbox down at the end of the street.

Last edited:
LUMP. Student pilot: "Lieutenant Under Mental Pressure."
A.K.A. A piece of lint between two headphones.

Tango Uniform: LUMP screwed up. He went "Tits Up".

Washed Out: LUMP made his last mistake and is kicked out of flight school.

Mike Tango: The name we would call one of the guys in a bar to alert him the woman sidling up to him was looking for a Meal Ticket.

Idioms I use come from when I was a kid. They just come out naturally as the situation arises. For example, I just told the dog to, "hold your horses". Then as typical it strikes me that I haven't heard that one in quite a while.

A personal one that was used a few years (around 1960) between my pop and me was he'd occasionally would hand me an envelope and simply say, "get on your horse". That meant I was to hop on my bicycle and deposit the letter into the mailbox down at the end of the street.

I've heard the "horse"metaphor many times in baseball play-by-play.

"Fly ball to right center, Mota on his horse..."

Mike Tango: The name we would call one of the guys in a bar to alert him the woman sidling up to him was looking for a Meal Ticket.

That's interesting -- same initials as Melania.

Forum List

Back