Iconic photos through time

Proof that, once-upon-a-time, American presidents understood that wars were for winning.
2Q==

Attachments

• $abomb-dome-fig3f.jpg
    $abomb-dome-fig3f.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
a20e13a3e81a141b6c22a121c5e4e48b.jpg

Kent State Massacre - 4 Dead in Ohio The tipping point at home for the end of the Vietnam War. I remember when this happened. It was terrible! College students at Kent State were shot by the police while protesting the Vietnam War.

I Believe they were guardsmen not Police

43b50dd7fab6545f185695fc9d5066cc.jpg

President Roosevelt signing the declaration of war against Germany. Senator Tom Connally stands by holding a watch to fix the exact time of the declaration.

a20e13a3e81a141b6c22a121c5e4e48b.jpg

Kent State Massacre - 4 Dead in Ohio The tipping point at home for the end of the Vietnam War. I remember when this happened. It was terrible! College students at Kent State were shot by the police while protesting the Vietnam War.

I Believe they were guardsmen not Police

I honestly don't know, but thank you.

I put it in quotes because that's what was written under the pic by whoever pinned it.

I guess we can't post the picture of the little children running down the road after being bombed with napalm.

Either way, like Oldfart said. Personally - we've all seen it. It's never any less horrifying but it is a huge part of our social consciousness, IMO.

Forum List

Back