Ice Caps Melting at HALF the predicted Rate.

Discussion in 'Environment' started by westwall, Sep 7, 2010.

1. westwall

westwall USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,734
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,233
    LOL......yo West........I saw this today and laughed my balls off. I was going to post it but as usual, ya beat me too it. No matter............it was funny as hell to come in here and see this.

Interested to see the fuckking k00ks response to this!!! Fcuking jarheads...........I need some extra cash about now.......should offer them a bog old bag of dog doo packaged with some Gore quote. Maybe they'll send me $1,000 a pop for each bag!!!

Anyway......more total BS from the biggest haox ever perpetuated on mankind!!!

3. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,673
    But they ARE melting, right? We know these are estimates, so the fact that some differ isn't unusual. Of course, you probably cherry-picked the estimate with the greatest error. Do you consider THAT to be good science? Seems you're doing the same thing you accuse the "Climategate" scientists of doing.

4. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    you're getting desparate now. the skeptical side usually just points out the errors of the AGW side. and boooooy are they ever busy.

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,229
    Um, guys, they're still melting. So there is no win, just an adjustment in prediction.

It's like saying there is only a five foot hole in the boat instead of a 15 foot hole. The boat still sinks, but just takes a little longer.

I'm surprised you could stop laughing sKOOKs ....didn't know it was possible to laugh with one's foot planted firmly in one's mouth 24/7....

6. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,995
    I liked this part here:

Scientists measured the change in the ice caps by analysing changes in Earth’s gravitational field using two satellites, which monitor the distribution of mass on Earth including ice and water.

I love it when right wingers laugh at "scientists" and "science". See? It's "scientists" who are doing the measuring. The odds are it's either a "liberal" or a "Democrat".

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    yeah, but they somehow feel like they know something if science needs adjustment. :cuckoo:

i've just never figured out why the vested interest in science being wrong. there's something pathologic about it.

8. Steerpike

Steerpike VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    This is one of those debates where neither side is honest and science gets lost in Politics.

There's little question that the pro-AGW side has over-sold its case, and I think science has suffered due to political pressure exerted on the issue. AGW became such dogma for a while there that you couldn't even discuss any science that didn't support it. I think that time is starting to fall behind us.

On the anti-AGW side, you have people who won't even consider the possibility of a human contribution to the warming, or the evidence supporting it, also for political reasons. And so any mistake in the science is pounced on. Of course, the pro-AGW side made this possible by over-selling the case and claiming a certainty that we don't have and can't have.

The truth is, we don't know for certain whether and to what extent humans are affecting the climate. It stands to reason that we are, at least to some degree, but it is a complicated issue and I don't think we even understand all the variables (or even what all the variables are).

But we'll continue to hear "certainty" from either side of the AGW debate, and its nonsense coming from both directions.

9. westwall

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,734

Yeah, they are konrad...just like they've been doing for...oh the last 10,000 years! That's why it's called an INTERGLACIAL period! :lol::lol::lol:

10. westwall

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,734

Uh, Dr. Grump......uh here's a little history for you. 10,000 years ago there was a whole butt ton of ice on the continent. Then 10,000 years ago it got a lot warmer and the ice all melted away, though it took a long time to do it.....in fact it's still going on, and that is where we are today. the ice is STILL melting from the end of the Ice Age. Every now and then there is a little burp like the Little Ice Age or the 6th century climate catastrophe when the temps drop back down and people freeze and starve, but then we've been lucky and the planet warmed back up to the current pleasant (and even in some times MUCH warmer than the present day) climate we get to enjoy today!